Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2022, 03:22 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,293,021 times

Advertisements

Voting straight red on the state elections, and to legalize marijuana. I won't risk putting anybody blue in office... doesn't matter how moderate they are. I'll take abortion bans over the left's unrestricted immigration policy, 675 genders while preaching to me about "science," soft on crime policy, and perpetual welfare state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2022, 01:45 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Voting straight red on the state elections, and to legalize marijuana. I won't risk putting anybody blue in office... doesn't matter how moderate they are. I'll take abortion bans over the left's unrestricted immigration policy, 675 genders while preaching to me about "science," soft on crime policy, and perpetual welfare state.
Certainly not me at the Oklahoma state level. Oklahoma Republican legislators have been making Oklahoma already regarded by outsiders as a pretty god damned bad state even worse. Thanks to Republicans, Oklahoma lost the Panasonic battery plant to Kansas that is to employ up to 4,000. Mayor companies refuse to come to Oklahoma due to the abortion ban and lack of support for public education. Also, the majority of Oklahoma Republicans are vehemently opposed to legalizing rec marijuana. At least Oklahoma Republicans can be pleased that liberal Californians are avoiding moving to Oklahoma like the plague.

Oklahoma Republicans have banned transexuals in school sports or going to school restrooms not corresponding to the gender they were born with. So those aren't even issues for the November elections.

Old 08-02-2022, 01:57 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Basically if the Republican's take back the house the Biden agenda comes to a screeching halt. Also many of the Biden officials will be called in for different hearings and embarrassed by how bad things really are. I am fine with it to be honest. A split government actually in a weird way works. Ideally I would want Conservative everything because I am as proudly right wing as you can get. Beggars can't be choosers at this point. I will take the victory. Biden will try to rule by EO and be struck down over and over. His losses will mount and he will not be the candidate in 2 years. However no matter what happens the truth is the damage has been done. Our country is in a downward spiral no matter who is in there.
Then no doubt as a highly devoted conservative, you are vehemently opposed to legalizing marijuana at any level of government. But the big problem with that stand is there are not enough prison cells to throw people in who are convicted of using marijuana, unless you support raising taxes, in order to build new prisons to house them all as well as for other drug users.

Anyway, as with abortion, my guess Republicans, especially at the federal level, can vote against legalizing marijuana all they want and won't get voted out of office as a result.

Old 08-02-2022, 02:04 AM

798 posts, read 503,079 times
My Republican vote does not count here in CA

Old 08-02-2022, 04:58 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times
Good.

Nuff said............................

Old 08-02-2022, 08:54 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
one of the wisest political operatives of our lifetime smartly summarized

It's the economy, stupid.

The Dems *may* get a bump in a few House and Senate races as long as they can keep "abortion on demand" a national topic. Liberal women and their "allies" may be newly-energized, having seen the writing on the wall just 12 months into Biden's term that they were going to get crushed in November.

They already DID SOMETHING on gun laws.

And I have no idea why any journo would claim Jan 6 has any bearing on a vote in 2022. People do not care.

The Dems and their surrogates in the media are doing everything they can to keep the focus off of what people care about.
People don`t care about J6? The hearings in prime time had over 18 million viewers the first night and 17.5 the second night. Monday Night Football draws 13 million viewers. Some of us really do care about the attempt to destroy our Democracy although you obviously don`t. Vlad thanks you.
The DID NOTHING on gun laws. An 18 year old can still legally buy an assault rifle to shoot up the school that kicked him out.

Old 08-02-2022, 09:55 AM

3,162 posts, read 2,215,339 times
Gaining 40 seats or even a few short of that number would give Republicans the largest majority in the House since the 1920s. Some top agenda items would likely include investigating the 2020 election, January 6th commission, Afghanistan withdrawal and Hunter Biden, multiple impeachments of Biden, Harris and cabinet members, and serving up generous helpings of red meat for the base by passing social conservative pleasing legislation that will get blocked in the Senate (where Republicans may win a majority, but it won't be filibuster proof).

Old 08-02-2022, 03:01 PM

19,799 posts, read 18,099,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Certainly not me at the Oklahoma state level. Oklahoma Republican legislators have been making Oklahoma already regarded by outsiders as a pretty god damned bad state even worse. Thanks to Republicans, Oklahoma lost the Panasonic battery plant to Kansas that is to employ up to 4,000. Mayor companies refuse to come to Oklahoma due to the abortion ban and lack of support for public education. Also, the majority of Oklahoma Republicans are vehemently opposed to legalizing rec marijuana. At least Oklahoma Republicans can be pleased that liberal Californians are avoiding moving to Oklahoma like the plague.

Oklahoma Republicans have banned transexuals in school sports or going to school restrooms not corresponding to the gender they were born with. So those aren't even issues for the November elections.
That's mostly nonsense and I can get pretty specific if you'd like. For one you realize a good bit of the best pot grown in this hemisphere comes from SE OK? Why do you think the SE OK Bandidos have been cruising around there for decades?

I know you don't care but Panasonic decided on KS long, long before OK's abortion ban.

Old 08-02-2022, 04:45 PM

25,744 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
If McConnell and McCarthy were competent, they would’ve had SCOTUS punt the Roe v Wade decision down the road until after the election

Which leads me to wonder, assuming that John Roberts is indeed compromised, did the Democrats want Roe V Wade overturned in order to save the Mid Terms?

I trust nobody in DC, not even the ones that are allegedly on my team.
^^^ IMHO you nailed it. the Dems wanted Roe v Wade overturned to rile up their base. The Libs have politicized every branch of the federal gov't & now have done so with the SCOTUS....sickening.

I trust NONE of them either, they are essentially on the same team...& WE, the 99%, are NOT on it!

Old 08-03-2022, 01:39 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,056,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
Gaining 40 seats or even a few short of that number would give Republicans the largest majority in the House since the 1920s. Some top agenda items would likely include investigating the 2020 election, January 6th commission, Afghanistan withdrawal and Hunter Biden, multiple impeachments of Biden, Harris and cabinet members, and serving up generous helpings of red meat for the base by passing social conservative pleasing legislation that will get blocked in the Senate (where Republicans may win a majority, but it won't be filibuster proof).
But, but, but! None of this will happen unless the deeply divided Republicans unify!

Paul Ryan reigned over a Republican house majority, Trump gave him the job of repealing Obamacare, and? Not enough Republican votes!

Do you really think anything has changed since then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections