Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2022, 06:32 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times

Advertisements

I saw Keri Lake being asked the question about election fraud, such an easy question to answer.

You just have to laugh.

Quote:
MSNBC reporter Vaughan Hillyard pressed Lake on her seemingly unfounded conspiracy theory at an Election Night watch party in Scottsdale, Ariz., where the former Fox reporter blamed him for “destroying America” and vowed to bring back “honest” elections. Lake has claimed she was aware of “some stealing” in the days leading up to her GOP primary.

“You’re already contending that there’s irregularities and fraud in the election,” Hillyard said Tuesday. “At what point does Kari Lake stop and say, ‘Am I undermining Americans’ faith in our elections?’”

“So you know about a crime and yet you’re not reporting it to the authorities?” Hillyard asked.

Lake responded, “I’m not telling you about it,” but again offered no clues as to who might be tampering with election results or how they might be doing so.

Old 08-04-2022, 08:23 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,056,523 times
^
I sure hope to God Hobbs has sent her an expensive Thank-You card!

Old 08-04-2022, 09:29 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Well tell that to the Democrats and their black voters. We don't need voting rights laws or that the voting I.D. laws are Jim Crow on steroids. "Nothing wrong with the system"
If the GOP would purge the racism from the party, perhaps they would get more minority voters. That`s on them and the kind of candidates they run. Georgia has voter ID and Trump lost Georgia. When your party loses the popular vote in 7 of the last 8 presidential elections could it be that most Americans don`t like their message?

Old 08-04-2022, 09:38 AM

6,105 posts, read 2,727,097 times
Thanks to Trump AZ will be a blue state next year he did what the Dems couldn't do for decades.

If I were the Dems I'd be asking Trump to endorse more candidates for statewide elections.

Old 08-04-2022, 10:13 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
Thanks to Trump AZ will be a blue state next year he did what the Dems couldn't do for decades.

If I were the Dems I'd be asking Trump to endorse more candidates for statewide elections.
That is why the DNC is supporting all the Trump crazy candidates like Lake and Finchem.

Old 08-04-2022, 10:23 AM

1,742 posts, read 959,909 times
It looks like Arizona Republican primary voters don’t seem to care that they just chose candidates that will probably lose in November. Arizona is no longer a state dominated by Barry Goldwater conservatism. I know the election deniers won’t accept it, but Arizona voted for Biden and both their senators are Democrats. Doesn’t that tell them ANYTHING ?

Old 08-04-2022, 10:38 AM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
If the GOP would purge the racism from the party, perhaps they would get more minority voters. That`s on them and the kind of candidates they run. Georgia has voter ID and Trump lost Georgia. When your party loses the popular vote in 7 of the last 8 presidential elections could it be that most Americans don`t like their message?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...e-hit-hardest/

Old 08-04-2022, 12:06 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
It looks like Arizona Republican primary voters don’t seem to care that they just chose candidates that will probably lose in November. Arizona is no longer a state dominated by Barry Goldwater conservatism. I know the election deniers won’t accept it, but Arizona voted for Biden and both their senators are Democrats. Doesn’t that tell them ANYTHING ?
Neutral my foot. You mean Barry Goldwater that voted against the Civil Rights Act and John McCain that voted against MLK day and endless wars? Yeah, that politics is dead.

Arizona voted for Biden in 2020 by 0.3% during a pandemic. They also voted for Bill Clinton in 1996 by 9% and then voted Republican 5 straight times. Sinema is not a leftwing Democrat. Actually she governs like a moderate Republican.

Arizona also has elected a Democrat for governor in Napolitano from 2002-2010. It shows you know NOTHING about Arizona politics and how it take turns but more to the Republican side.

Arizonans might vote for Democrats here and there but they don't want a 1 party Democrat rule in the state. That's why the State Senate and State Legislative branches is GOP with a Republican governor.

You are clueless if you think Biden and his new Green deal, higher taxes, inflation and poor border management is popular in Arizona. Biden approval numbers falls in Arizona to the lowest for any President. That tells you something.

I don't know how Democrats in 2022 will win in the state defending Biden's policies in a Red wave year. You really are in a bubble.

Old 08-04-2022, 12:31 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
I guess my response went over your head. You posted:

and I responded by law is AUTOMATIC. How am I deflecting?
No, your response didn't go over my head, it simply had nothing to do with my post.

Old 08-04-2022, 12:40 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Trump lost GA by 0.2% during a pandemic abnormal time. Bill Clinton also won Georgia in normal times by 1%. Your point?

California doesn't decide for the rest of the country. Maybe you need to take American civics to learn about divisions of powers because you are clueless.
Republicans have 28 governor to 22 Democrats. I guess Americans don't like their message.

Republicans won in the Presidential race 2020/25 states 2016/30 states 2012: 24 states 2008: 22 states 2004: 31 states 2000: 30 states. I guess Americans don't like their message.

Republicans control 6-3 the Supreme Court. You needed VOTES in the Senate to get them confirmed and people put Senators in power. I guess Americans don't like their message.

Republicans control 30 state legislative branches to 17 Democrats with 3 split. I guess Americans don't like their message.

State Legislation by party:Republican: Lower house 2,905 (53.42%) to 2,476 (45.53%) Democrat.
Republican Upper house 1,106 (56.09%) to 853 (43.26%) Democrat.

I guess people don't like their message.

Add that the GOP will take Congress in a Red Wave this year and Democrats only could keep it for 1 term. I guess people don't like the GOP message.

Americans don't trust a 1 party system. They take turns but for you to suggest otherwise shows how much political blind you are.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 08-04-2022 at 01:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections