Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2022, 12:53 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,015,719 times

Advertisements

The fact that the vote has stopped for now 2 days across every AZ county has me asking some questions.

Old 08-04-2022, 12:55 PM

28,343 posts, read 16,418,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
The fact that the vote has stopped for now 2 days across every AZ county has me asking some questions.
Pretty sure that's a false statement (assuming you're talking about counting votes). If you're talking about the act of voting, yes. Election day has passed and no more ballots are being/will be accepted.

Old 08-04-2022, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Neutral my foot. You mean Barry Goldwater that voted against the Civil Rights Act and John McCain that voted against MLK day and endless wars? Yeah, that politics is dead.

Arizona voted for Biden in 2020 by 0.3% during a pandemic. They also voted for Bill Clinton in 1996 by 9% and then voted Republican 5 straight times. Sinema is not a leftwing Democrat. Actually she governs like a moderate Republican.

Arizona also has elected a Democrat for governor in Napolitano from 2002-2010. It shows you know NOTHING about Arizona politics and how it take turns but more to the Republican side.

Arizonans might vote for Democrats here and there but they don't want a 1 party Democrat rule in the state. That's why the State Senate and State Legislative branches is GOP with a Republican governor.

You are clueless if you think Biden and his new Green deal, higher taxes, inflation and poor border management is popular in Arizona. Biden approval numbers falls in Arizona to the lowest for any President. That tells you something.

I don't know how Democrats in 2022 will win in the state defending Biden's policies in a Red wave year. You really are in a bubble.
Our state legislature is mostly made up of frothing Trumper Republicans.

Our state bounces between Goldwater-type conservatism, Blue Dog 90's Democrat-centerism and Right Wing populism from time to time.

Old 08-04-2022, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Pretty sure that's a false statement (assuming you're talking about counting votes). If you're talking about the act of voting, yes. Election day has passed and no more ballots are being/will be accepted.
Yes I'm talking about the count.

Old 08-04-2022, 01:07 PM

13,553 posts, read 4,337,707 times
Quote:
Our state legislature is mostly made up of frothing Trumper Republicans.

Our state bounces between Goldwater-type conservatism, Blue Dog 90's Democrat-centerism and Right Wing populism from time to time.
I know. I live across the border. I was explaining to the other poster Arizona politics. Is not going to be a 1 party Democrat state.

Clinton won in 1996 by 9% and Napolitano won governor twice during the W Bush years by big margins. He is acting like he just landed by boat and Democrats winning in the state is a new. The turn. LOL

Old 08-04-2022, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
I know. I live across the border. I was explaining to the other poster Arizona politics. Is not going to be a 1 party Democrat state.

Clinton won in 1996 by 9% and Napolitano won governor twice during the W Bush years by big margins. He is acting like he just landed by boat and Democrats winning in the state is a new. The turn. LOL
Clinton, for all his faults, even despite his more liberal beliefs was a Blue Dog centrist from a Southern state. So he knew how to appeal to conservatives.

Napolitano acted the same and won re-election in blood red Eastern AZ.

2008 is where everything changed, and you can see the ultimate result of that in our state elections right this very second.

Old 08-04-2022, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Yes I'm talking about the count.
That's not at all true.

Old 08-04-2022, 01:47 PM

13,553 posts, read 4,337,707 times
Quote:
Clinton, for all his faults, even despite his more liberal beliefs was a Blue Dog centrist from a Southern state. So he knew how to appeal to conservatives.

Napolitano acted the same and won re-election in blood red Eastern AZ.

2008 is where everything changed, and you can see the ultimate result of that in our state elections right this very second.

People die, you get people escaping California and the border.

This is my take looking from the state above. Clinton won Arizona in 1996 because Ross Perot took 112k votes and he took it from Dole. Ross was a conservative. Clinton almost took Arizona in 1992, came 2% short but then again Ross took 353k votes. Clinton doesn't win Arizona or the Presidency without Ross. That's a fact.

Napolitano won by a hair in 2002 by 1% and her re-election she won big by 2 things: Munsil was a bad candidate and 2006 was a bad year for Republicans for the war, W Bush and economy. It was a BLUE wave year and it helped her.

Now in 2022, is the same thing but Biden is very unpopular in all that matters to Arizonans and Hobbs has to defend his agenda for Arizona. If Lake can keep the election on the economy and border she wins. If they make it about 2020 elections and Lake is this extremist and somehow make the voters forget the current economy, Hobbs wins.

Old 08-04-2022, 01:48 PM

Since the 1952 presidential election, Arizona has been considered a stronghold state for the Republican Party, as it won Arizona in all elections since except 1996 and 2020.

Let's not try to pretend that Arizona is somehow historically "purple", at least when it comes to the Presidency. Clinton once and Biden once, in 70 years.

In the last 30 years, 4 of the 5 Governors have been Republican.

Old 08-04-2022, 01:56 PM

22,507 posts, read 12,052,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
We`re still waiting for your proof that there was fraud.
We're still waiting for your proof that there wasn't vote fraud.

Which MSM news source did a thorough investigation into this issue? You know, like what happened regarding Watergate? Don't say TIME they did no such investigation and claimed that the election was "fortified". So...which news source went out and turned over every rock, looked into every claim and then reported back on what they found?

You and your ilk lap up everything the MSM says and want even more. They are shutting down any dissenters by using phrases like "the big lie" and "conspiracy theories".

All those people who came forward to testify at the hearings did so knowing that they and their families could end up being threatened and/or harassed. Would you offer to testify and stick your neck out knowing that what you were saying was all lies, all the while knowing what backlash would be in store for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections