Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2022, 10:50 PM

13,278 posts, read 7,316,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
You can stick a fork in Walker because he is done. He was a bad candidate from the start. He can move on back to Dallas and continue on with his quiet life.

Walkers own son destroyed any chance of Walker winning now. His campaign can't even respond because it's his own son.

Hirschle attempted to reply with "I Love my son no matter what". His son attacked again saying "You have 4 kids that we know of and you weren't in the house raising ONE of them, you were out cheating and lying. If you loved your kids you'd be raising them instead of running for a senate race to boost your ego". GOP supporters tried to claim his son was being used by the democrats he responded with a video attacking again the more they try to push back this guy attacks. https://twitter.com/ChristianWalk1r/...84445367042049

According to his son the entire family asked him not to run for office because of his shady past they didn't want their family secrets aired to the public.

Last edited by kell490; 10-04-2022 at 11:11 PM..

Old 10-04-2022, 11:08 PM

17,391 posts, read 16,532,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Walkers own son destroyed any chance of Walker winning now. His campaign can't even respond because it's his own son.

Hirschle attempted to reply with "I Love my son no matter what". His son attacked again saying "You have 4 kids that we know of and you weren't in the house raising ONE of them, you were out cheating and lying. If you loved your kids you'd be raising them instead of running for a senate race to boost your ego".

He responded with a video https://twitter.com/ChristianWalk1r/...84445367042049

According to his son the entire family asked him not to run for office because of his shady past they didn't want their family secrets aired to the public.
I think that this is sad and extremely unfortunate. But I also don't think that it's going to make conservatives vote for Warnock over Walker. Walker will still get the votes. And, hopefully, he can work on trying to build a better relationship with his son.

Old 10-04-2022, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I think that this is sad and extremely unfortunate. But I also don't think that it's going to make conservatives vote for Warnock over Walker. Walker will still get the votes. And, hopefully, he can work on trying to build a better relationship with his son.
I think conservatives will vote for Walker even if a sex tape were to become public he can't win in Georgia with only republicans votes. Also if neither get a clear majority they will have a runoff remember how that worked out for republicans in 2020? It will be a turnout race if Conservatives decide not to vote it will be 2020 all over again.

Last edited by kell490; 10-04-2022 at 11:48 PM..

Old 10-04-2022, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I think conservatives will vote for Walker even if a sex tape were to made public he can't win in Georgia with only republicans votes. Also if neither get a clear majority they will have a runoff remember how that worked out for republicans in 2020? It will be a turnout race if Conservatives decide not to vote it will be 2020 all over again.
I don't think that this will change anything for the voters who were already leaning towards Walker.

Like I said, the situation with Walker and his children is sad and unfortunate but, in the end, it will not be enough to sway people to vote for Warnock, instead. There are reasons why they leaned towards Walker in the first place and those reasons have not changed.

Old 10-04-2022, 11:36 PM

6,824 posts, read 14,036,923 times
Walker and Warnock will get their 45% from their respective parties. That number is baked in. The remaining 10% is who will decide the winner. Walker was a bad candidate to began with. His son is a Trump supporter so they can't say the democrats are using him. It's too late in the process to replace Walker. Mitch is somewhere pounding a desk saying I told you so.

Old 10-04-2022, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Walker and Warnock will get their 45% from their respective parties. That number is baked in. The remaining 10% is who will decide the winner. Walker was a bad candidate to began with. His son is a Trump supporter so they can't say the democrats are using him. It's too late in the process to replace Walker. Mitch is somewhere pounding a desk saying I told you so.
Warnock is not a good candidate, though. There are reasons why many in that 10% were leaning towards Walker. Those reasons have not changed.

Old 10-05-2022, 08:27 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,189,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
by the way, Warnock ex-wife accused him of spousal abuse and neglecting their children, occurred in the Spring 2022. Warnock could easily debunk these allegations by releasing the divorce records which he went to court to seal.

This is 2022, this year when he is a U.S. Senator. He is a Christ Pastor and a U.S. Senator. This is bad.
That sounds kind of thin. Remember his wife said he ran over her foot with his car but she was not injured? Those allegations have been put to rest.

Time for us to deal with the issues.

Old 10-05-2022, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Warnock is not a good candidate, though. There are reasons why many in that 10% were leaning towards Walker. Those reasons have not changed.
How do you know what 10% of Georgia voters who are politically in the center are going to do? Your just guessing. The fact that Polling still shows Warnock in the lead means he has the advantage. Walkers son just released another video attacking his father. This isn't good for Walker anyway you try to spin it if Herschel Walker cared about his family he would drop out of the race. He is putting his family 2nd to politics shows how shallow the man is voters will notice that.

Last edited by kell490; 10-05-2022 at 08:44 AM..

Old 10-05-2022, 08:44 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,664,886 times
I think Kemp wins fairly easily. The DEMS can't link him to Trump like they would want to and all the MAGAs will vote for him despite his defiance of Trump. Georgia recovery from the Pandemic and economy has done well, especially comparing it to surround states.. Another angle, the DEMS can't hammer Kemp on. The only ads i see in the state today from DEMS and Stacy are abortion ads and to be honest, that simply does not move the needle much. I wouldn't change my vote because of abortion rights.

I felt Warnock was going to win the Senate seat even before the Walker son story came out. Got to love the timing of that.. Warnock starts slipping in the polls, lets get someone close to Walker to spread some dirt. I would like to know how much that kid was paid for that story. Only STUPID folks would use that as a reason not to vote for Walker.. Walker is simply unqualified and despite my reservations about Warnock, i am leaning that way.

Old 10-05-2022, 09:27 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
. Walker is simply unqualified and despite my reservations about Warnock, i am leaning that way.

And the fake preacher isn't? I thought Democrats didn't want religion and politics in bed. I guess they don't apply their own rules. I thought it was about the issues. I guess not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections