Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2022, 09:31 AM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times

Advertisements

In politics, under traditional circumstances, the charge that a candidate had once paid for a girlfriend’s abortion would be a killer — especially in the final month before an election.

But, so far at least, that is not the case with Herschel Walker and the spectacular accusation that the Republican nominee for U.S. Senator from Georgia paid for the abortion of a girlfriend in 2009.

In the 36 hours since the Daily Beast published the accusation, which Walker branded false, the onetime University of Georgia football great had what his campaign called a “record-breaking” fund-raising day: $182,000, $50,000 of which came in during Walker’s appearances on Sean Hannity’s TV program to answer the charges.

In addition, pro-family groups show no sign of abandoning Walker in his neck-and-neck contest with Democratic Sen. Raphael Warnock.

“We’ve seen this movie before,” Ralph Reed of the Faith and Freedom Coalition, told reporters, “They’re trying to take down a good man.”

“Herschel Walker has denied these allegations in the strongest possible terms and we stand firmly alongside him,” Mallory Carroll of the pro-life Susan B. Anthony List told reporters Tuesday.

Coupled with the Daily Beast charge regarding abortion (for which Walker told Hannity he intends to file a libel suit) are the sudden and unexpected salvos from the Republican hopeful’s son Christian.

In tweets that seemed to catch all off guard, the younger Walker claimed that his father “lived a life of DESTROYING other people’s lives. How dare you.”

“HOW DARE YOU LIE and act as though you’re some moral, Christian, upright man,” Christian Walker tweeted.

The elder Walker replied only that “I will always love my son.” Supporters of his told reporters that Christian was “a mixed up kid” who had “issues of his own.” Others pointed out that Christian had been supporting his father until two days ago and had tweeted favorably about other Republicans such as Donald Trump and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis.

https://www.newsmax.com/john-gizzi/w...04/id/1090465/

If true, why the abrupt about face? Why does the kid suddenly turn on his father with both guns blazing?

As was mentioned above: you've got to love the timing.

Last edited by john3232; 10-05-2022 at 09:42 AM..

Old 10-05-2022, 09:38 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Walkers own son destroyed any chance of Walker winning now. His campaign can't even respond because it's his own son.

Hirschle attempted to reply with "I Love my son no matter what". His son attacked again saying "You have 4 kids that we know of and you weren't in the house raising ONE of them, you were out cheating and lying. If you loved your kids you'd be raising them instead of running for a senate race to boost your ego". GOP supporters tried to claim his son was being used by the democrats he responded with a video attacking again the more they try to push back this guy attacks. https://twitter.com/ChristianWalk1r/...84445367042049

According to his son the entire family asked him not to run for office because of his shady past they didn't want their family secrets aired to the public.
Why would this matter to the left?

"But if we are honest with ourselves, we’ll admit that too many fathers are also missing. Too many fathers are M.I.A. Too many fathers are AWOL, missing from too many lives and too many homes. They have abandoned their responsibilities. They’re acting like boys instead of men. And the foundations of our family have suffered because of it."

85% of the males in prison grew up without a father. If the left (or right) cared this would be one of the biggest talking points.

Old 10-05-2022, 09:42 AM

13,281 posts, read 7,321,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I think Kemp wins fairly easily. The DEMS can't link him to Trump like they would want to and all the MAGAs will vote for him despite his defiance of Trump. Georgia recovery from the Pandemic and economy has done well, especially comparing it to surround states.. Another angle, the DEMS can't hammer Kemp on. The only ads i see in the state today from DEMS and Stacy are abortion ads and to be honest, that simply does not move the needle much. I wouldn't change my vote because of abortion rights.

I felt Warnock was going to win the Senate seat even before the Walker son story came out. Got to love the timing of that.. Warnock starts slipping in the polls, lets get someone close to Walker to spread some dirt. I would like to know how much that kid was paid for that story. Only STUPID folks would use that as a reason not to vote for Walker.. Walker is simply unqualified and despite my reservations about Warnock, i am leaning that way.
Walkers son is a Trump supporter he claims that their entire family asked his father not to run for office because of his shady past. According to this video posted yesterday by his son he said he isn't being paid.

Old 10-05-2022, 09:45 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Walkers son is a Trump supporter he claims that their entire family asked his father not to run for office because of his shady past. According to this video posted yesterday by his son he claims he isn't being paid.

You opinion is funny. His son is a Trump supporter but don't want his father to run because of PERSONAL past? So he wants the liberal fake preacher who has his own personal history to win????? That makes sense. Great thinking.

Old 10-05-2022, 10:12 AM

13,281 posts, read 7,321,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
You opinion is funny. His son is a Trump supporter but don't want his father to run because of PERSONAL past? So he wants the liberal fake preacher who has his own personal history to win????? That makes sense. Great thinking.
Maybe he wanted someone else to run he would support. Your just trying to spin something you can't spin because it's his own son. His father is making a fool of himself and his son knows it.

Old 10-05-2022, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Maybe he wanted someone else to run he would support. Your just trying to spin something you can't spin because it's his own son. His father is making a fool of himself and his son knows it.
Then he should have voted in the primary for someone else or vote for the fake preacher. People vote on issues and how it affects their pockets. After Ted Kennedy, Bill Clinton, Trump, Biden and others nobody votes for personal matters. You Democrats proved that especially the fake preacher in Georgia.

Why is Walker making a fool of himself and the fake preacher isn't? Because he is pro life? LOL

Nothing makes a bigger fool than being a Christian preacher being a U.S. Senator for abortions on demand. That is super fake.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 10-05-2022 at 10:51 AM..

Old 10-05-2022, 11:49 AM

17,391 posts, read 16,540,182 times
Quote:
How do you know what 10% of Georgia voters who are politically in the center are going to do? Your just guessing. The fact that Polling still shows Warnock in the lead means he has the advantage. Walkers son just released another video attacking his father. This isn't good for Walker anyway you try to spin it if Herschel Walker cared about his family he would drop out of the race. He is putting his family 2nd to politics shows how shallow the man is voters will notice that.

Honestly, those videos that his kid has chosen to release are more reflective of the kid than of the father.

I'm not saying that the young man is lying, he seems to have a legitimately troubled relationship with his dad, but choosing now to air his grievances in an attempt to ruin his father's political campaign seems like a very bitter move on his part.

And, again, I don't think that the voters who were leaning towards Walker will be swayed by this. There are bigger issues at play.

Old 10-05-2022, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Honestly, those videos that his kid has chosen to release are more reflective of the kid than of the father.

I'm not saying that the young man is lying, he seems to have a legitimately troubled relationship with his dad, but choosing now to air his grievances in an attempt to ruin his father's political campaign seems like a very bitter move on his part.

And, again, I don't think that the voters who were leaning towards Walker will be swayed by this.
There are bigger issues at play.
I suspect you're correct. (Although I don't think the son's overly dramatic performance helped his case.)

Walkers response, "I'll always love my son" was perfect. No doubt the holidays will be strained regardless of who wins.

Old 10-05-2022, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post

And, again, I don't think that the voters who were leaning towards Walker will be swayed by this. There are bigger issues at play.

I agree but I blame the family on his side for not controlling him. Family matters stay in the family. Every family are dysfunctional. I had issues with my Dad when he divorced my Mother and I had issues with my older brother for taking his side and leaving us. I had issues with my Dad's side of the family that after he divorced my Mother (his fault) they changed and treated us distant and took his side.

My cousins are worse after their divorces and family secrets came to light but they kept it in the family. We never go on social media to air our dirty laundry because 1) it's childish 2) that's 1 side of the issue 3) it will divide the family 4) nothing gets resolve in social media. 5) it only shows how weak minded you are that you need approval from strangers of things they don't know anything about.

The kid is 23, spoiled and is immature and needs counseling and lots of help from the family. All families have their issues, keep it in the family or he can tell his dad in person not social media to get the approval of strangers where it will be use for political purpose against his father.

Old 10-05-2022, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
I agree but I blame the family on his side for not controlling him. Family matters stay in the family. Every family are dysfunctional. I had issues with my Dad when he divorced my Mother and I had issues with my older brother for taking his side and leaving us. I had issues with my Dad's side of the family that after he divorced my Mother (his fault) they changed and treated us distant and took his side.

My cousins are worse after their divorces and family secrets came to light but they kept it in the family. We never go on social media to air our dirty laundry because 1) it's childish 2) that's 1 side of the issue 3) it will divide the family 4) nothing gets resolve in social media. 5) it only shows how weak minded you are that you need approval from strangers of things they don't know anything about.

The kid is 23, spoiled and is immature and needs counseling and lots of help from the family. All families have their issues, keep it in the family or he can tell his dad in person not social media to get the approval of strangers where it will be use for political purpose against his father.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4B76ojuFZ0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections