Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2022, 09:17 PM

13,278 posts, read 7,316,697 times

Advertisements

The problem with Walker is a portion of right wing voters refuse to vote for a black man because they are racist. Perfect example was the Arbery murder the racist texts, and social media post that became public today. Also the way the police, and local DA's office acted.

Old 08-20-2022, 05:44 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,827,146 times
Kemp went against Trump, so Abrams can't use the Trump angle against him like McAuliffe tried to do with Youngkin in VA last year. Kemp also knows that Georgia is getting more purple and less red every year, so he'll have to tilt on the moderate side of things. Unless Kemp really screws up between now and November, I can't see Abrams pulling this off. As it stands now, IMO, the best Abrams can hope for is a narrow loss and not a total blowout.

Walker, on the other hand, is just f'n nuts. Between him being clearly unqualified, the fact that Georgia apparently is no longer fond of the Turtle, since they gave their two seats to Democrats last year, and Warnock being involved with the church, which plays into the religious crowd, is why I think it's all but certain Warnock will win, though it won't be a blowout by any means. Also, again, Georgia is getting more purple (if not bluish) and is arguably an even bigger swing state than NC, which is solid red in Senate and Presidential races.

Old 08-20-2022, 01:18 PM

9,881 posts, read 4,650,430 times
Appears Walker talking points have thoroughly distributed judging by numerous forums and comments on articles. Warnock won last time because Lin Wood tempered Republicans from voting with the 'Why bother in a corrupt election system). Plenty of time but unless a brutal October surprise on Walker I don't see him losing. It will be tight. Abrams stands a chance with Kemp because an old school Republican politician man.

Old 08-20-2022, 06:14 PM

831 posts, read 333,112 times
I'll vote for Walker, but Kemp,Raffensberger,any other statewide politician that REFUSED to stop the steal in Georgia will not get my vote. I won't vote demoncrat but I won't vote for traitor republicans either. I'll either skip those races or vote 3rd party.

Old 08-21-2022, 05:18 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,827,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Warnock won last time because Lin Wood tempered Republicans from voting with the 'Why bother in a corrupt election system)
Mitch McConnell played a big role in costing the GOP both GA Senate seats last year. Even some of the hardcore conservatives on this forum were p*issed at him over it.

Old 08-21-2022, 05:37 AM

37,222 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://redstate.com/joesquire/2022/...arnock-n612483

The poll has Kemp leading Abrams 51.4% to 43.5%, so he will avoid a runoff if that holds.

As for the Senate race, Walker now leads Warnock 45.2% to 43.6%, which would result in a runoff if that holds.

Raffensberger is crushing his Democrat opponent by 16 points in the Secretary of State race, which could be important to stave off efforts by Democrats to rig future elections with dropboxes and expanded mail-in voting like they did in 2020.
Good. Raffensperger is a straight shooter who will assure that all elections are open, honest, and above board. He was quite impressive testifying under oath during the 1/6 hearings. I may not agree with him politically, but I sure as hell respect him completely.

Old 08-24-2022, 01:28 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EducatedRedneck View Post
I'll vote for Walker, but Kemp,Raffensberger,any other statewide politician that REFUSED to stop the steal in Georgia will not get my vote. I won't vote demoncrat but I won't vote for traitor republicans either. I'll either skip those races or vote 3rd party.
Not very educated. People like you elected Warnock and the carpetbagger.

Old 08-24-2022, 04:43 PM

6,105 posts, read 2,727,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EducatedRedneck View Post
The steal was stopped. By Reaffensberger who kept Trump from stealing the election

Old 08-24-2022, 04:59 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
The steal was stopped. By Reaffensberger who kept Trump from stealing the election
Correct. Trump tried to steal the Georgia election but was thwarted by an honest man (Raffensberger). This is well documented.

Old 08-24-2022, 05:16 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,189,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Only racists are against people of color. That's what Democrats and CNN have told me for years.
You got it wrong: Only racists are against POC based on their color. People are surely free not to want to vote for Herschel.

Epic fail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections