Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2022, 12:32 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,902,655 times

Advertisements

Epic trolling.

Quote:
Trump has endorsed Congressional candidates Dan Goldman and Carolyn Maloney, both of whom are facing far-left progressive primary challengers, less than a week before the voters will decide.

“Lawyer Dan Goldman is running for Congress, NY-10, and it is my great honor to Strongly Endorse him. I do this not because of the fact that he headed up the Impeachment Committee and lost, but because he was honorable, fair, and highly intelligent,” Trump wrote in a post on his Truth Social platform.

Assemblywoman Yuh-Line Niou, a progressive running to challenge Goldman for the seat, jumped on the news to slam her opponent:

“Last week Donald Trump attacked Dan Goldman, who led his impeachment. Now he’s pretending to endorse Goldman. True to form, Trump is trying to meddle in an election,” a Goldman campaign spokesman said.

Trump also endorsed Maloney in her race for re-election in Congress.

“A vote for Carolyn Maloney in NY-12 is a vote for the future! She is a kind and wonderful person, who has always said terrific things about me, and will support me no matter what I do, just as I supported her very early on,” Trump said.

“She begged for a check with no quid pro quo, and I gave it to her,” he added.
https://bigleaguepolitics.com/presid...es-into-chaos/

Though the article strangely makes no mention of it, I'm pretty sure Maloney is running against none other than Jerry Nadler due to the elimination of a district because of dummy mandering.

Apparently the race was already vicious, so this should add some extra spice on steroids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2022, 12:39 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,213,258 times
An endorsement from the "Donald"? That will tank his election , fir shir.

Old 08-18-2022, 06:41 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
An endorsement from the "Donald"? That will tank his election , fir shir.

Don't you think he knows that?:sm ack:

The democrats tinker with republican primaries, so turnabout is fair play.

Old 08-18-2022, 10:14 PM

9,881 posts, read 4,653,413 times
Well the Democrats were not only endorsing but supporting never Trump candidates in states like Pennsylvania .

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...-race-00046423

Apparently the real target was Goldman who helped 'prosecute' him

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...ry?id=81210190

Old 08-19-2022, 07:52 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,902,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Well the Democrats were not only endorsing but supporting never Trump candidates in states like Pennsylvania .

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...-race-00046423

Apparently the real target was Goldman who helped 'prosecute' him

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...ry?id=81210190
Yep.

Those MAGA candidates are so dangerous to "Democracy!" (tm) that the Dems forgot not to send them tons of cash.

Old 08-19-2022, 08:05 AM

9,881 posts, read 4,653,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post

Though the article strangely makes no mention of it, I'm pretty sure Maloney is running against none other than Jerry Nadler due to the elimination of a district because of dummy mandering.
Ah yes-Jerry. Trump gets a two-for

Isn't Maloney in the DNC dog house for low Biden enthusiasm?

Last edited by anononcty; 08-19-2022 at 08:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections