Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 09:47 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,991,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish View Post
Well…., I believe in that case Geraldine Ferraro should be attacking two white women, that is Obama’s mother and grand mother. If it wasn’t for those two strong women, I think Obama wouldn’t be where he is now.

Plus, I believe, If Obama’s mother and grand mother were the crying and whining type like Geraldine, Obama would unquestionably not been where he is now.
Which of his grandmothers are you talking about?...The one he refers to as the "Typical white woman"?

Let's face it...that was a little sexist (and perhaps racist).

But, all in all, I think the issue of him being sexist (overall) is silly...But, then again, this whole campaign is silly...Isn't it?

Even with his side claiming racism...

Again, he is a "person of color", that is being given a "real" opportunity to run for President of the USA. How racist doe that show the USA to be?

The real truth is that the opportunity that he has is from the openess and acceptance in this country (including "mean old whiteys") of anyone that demonstrates reliability...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2008, 11:54 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,404,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Geraldine Ferraro, the only woman to run on a major party presidential ticket and a supporter of Hillary Clinton, has accused Barack Obama of conducting a "terribly sexist" campaign.

US Elections: Barack Obama has lost women 'with sexist campaign' - Telegraph

I'm beginning to think that Ferraro is well on the road to severe dementia. She should not be allowed in public.

Old 05-25-2008, 11:58 PM

252 posts, read 391,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djf863000 View Post
I believe the campaign was more racist than sexist in a long shot. I didn't see much sexism.
I agree, the Black Racism was terrible!

Old 05-26-2008, 12:13 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,183,510 times
Only young people and blacks vote. Who cares about the women?

Anyone care to discuss Clinton's cleavage further? You think she's shown as much cleavage as a Hooters waitress? And her hairstyle. What do you think about her hairstyle? And her pantsuits? Don't you wonder why she doesn't wear more dresses? Who does her makeup? What shade of foundation is she wearing? And does anyone really wonder what kind of vitamins she takes? Is she taking hormones? How has menopause affected her?

In all fairness, how has male menopause affected Obama and McCain? Or any other president? Do they have prostate problems? Can they both still get it on? Or do they need "aids"? What size pants does Obama wear? Who is his tailor? What colors does he prefer when he picks out suits? Does he take vitamins?

If Obama and McCain had fielded the same types of questions/comments that Clinton had to respond to, then I'd say there was no sexism in the race.

Old 05-26-2008, 12:34 AM

1,031 posts, read 1,315,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Sexist campaign run by Obama? What world do these people live in?
Ferraro and Hillary Clinton are not delusional at all, they are despicable persons employing a thoroughly dastardly weapon of thought control. What they are using is "The Big Lie" this is a psyops technique courtesy of Joseph Geobbles, the Nazi party's minister of information, and used with great effect by the Bush administration. The goal is to take a lie and repeat over and over again until people but into it. It doesn't really matter how far it is from the truth, but that the lie is constantly released into the population ad nauseum.

The fact that Hillary Clinton ran a terrible campaign fraught with scandals, ineptitude, lies and deceit isn't considered a reason for why she lost, it's sexism. This is "the Big Lie."

Old 05-26-2008, 12:36 AM

1,031 posts, read 1,315,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
If Obama and McCain had fielded the same types of questions/comments that Clinton had to respond to, then I'd say there was no sexism in the race.
Of course there were sexist comments and attitudes that Hillary had to contend with, but that's not why she lost. AND YOU KNOW IT!!!

Old 05-26-2008, 12:45 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,183,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Of course there were sexist comments and attitudes that Hillary had to contend with, but that's not why she lost. AND YOU KNOW IT!!!
Do you believe it would have been better for her if she had thrown every comment back in the face of whoever said it, like the Obama campaign did?

When the Washington Post spent two days pondering Hillary's cleavage, I really wish they would have devoted another two days to pondering Obama's pocket bulge. That would have been fair.

Old 05-26-2008, 01:15 AM

1,316 posts, read 2,466,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Ferraro and Hillary Clinton are not delusional at all, they are despicable persons employing a thoroughly dastardly weapon of thought control. What they are using is "The Big Lie" this is a psyops technique courtesy of Joseph Geobbles, the Nazi party's minister of information, and used with great effect by the Bush administration. The goal is to take a lie and repeat over and over again until people but into it. It doesn't really matter how far it is from the truth, but that the lie is constantly released into the population ad nauseum.

The fact that Hillary Clinton ran a terrible campaign fraught with scandals, ineptitude, lies and deceit isn't considered a reason for why she lost, it's sexism. This is "the Big Lie."
Well said. You are 100% correct and guess what? With all her crap and lies she has thrown at Obama, look where it got her? NO WHERE. She lost the nomination!

Old 05-26-2008, 05:37 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,967,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post

When the Washington Post spent two days pondering Hillary's cleavage, I really wish they would have devoted another two days to pondering Obama's pocket bulge. That would have been fair.
It would certainly have been interesting to read...

Old 05-26-2008, 05:58 AM

27,217 posts, read 46,791,599 times
Geraldine Ferraro gave an excellent interview last week on a morning show. She explained it very well and it is unfair how she ahd to leave and a man on Obama's campaign said the same thing and could stay. She proved that there is sexism in this political race and I wish she had stayed. She is an example for women, but I understand that Obama fans are against everything Hillary or McCain are doing, or saying. Obama fans believe in the fake hot air of hope and change, but can't give one accomplishment that Obama did as a governor. Only listening to the hateful rev. and having friends that most of us won't have our kids hang around. His accomplishment is one of lack of judgment.....and he has proven over and over the same lack of judgment. By the way when will he give his health documents....? He was a chain smoker and walks around with the necotine gum in his pants which can course damage to the collon if you use it for a long time or to much....so give up these health papers Mr. Nobama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections