Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 08:55 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,782,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_talons View Post
Exactly what I have been saying.
you know what, F the oil companies. I walked 4 miles to work and 4 miles home. At the same time I saved on gas, and lost some ass (it too big anyway). I did this in a suite in PHOENIX. Was it a hard ship..NO, it felt good to give Exxon the finger. Any thing with in 5 miles will be walked for now on. Im going to look at some bikes for over 5 mile trips. I don't need to go on vacation, the desert is so beautiful, Im already on it every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 09:17 AM

793 posts, read 2,215,159 times
Walking is good, I love it every bit of it. But I got 2 jobs. If I walked to work for both jobs, I would have to get up one hour earlier for both jobs, meaning only 1.5 to 2hrs of sleep at night and 2hrs of nap time. It takes me 2hrs to walk to work for one job and my other job is at the other end of the city which usually takes me 1hr.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:23 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,674,760 times
You don't need the Government to fix it for you, here is what you can do:
-Walk
-Bike
-Carpool
-Take public transportation
-Buy a fuel efficient car

The only thing I can see the Government do is provide tax incentives for purchasing fuel efficient cars.
Companies can promote use of public transportation by providing the ability to purchase rail/bus/park and ride tickets with pre-tax dollars. They can also provide a carpooling linkup at work.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:27 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,810,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
-Walk
-Bike
-Carpool

The only thing I can see the Government do is provide tax incentives for purchasing fuel efficient cars.
Companies can promote use of public transportation by providing the ability to purchase rail/bus/park and ride tickets with pre-tax dollars. They can also provide a carpooling linkup at work.

Or getting a better job that pays more is another option

Old 05-29-2008, 09:30 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,782,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
-Walk
-Bike
-Carpool

buya horse or a donky

Old 05-29-2008, 09:36 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,083,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
buya horse or a donky
i would think keeping a horse would be as expensive as a car and it can only go so far, and then where would you keep it at work?

Old 05-29-2008, 09:56 AM

26 posts, read 54,314 times
Gas prices arent going to come down, that's the truth. China and India before 1998 were in a crisis, and now they have booming economies with populations that quadruple america's population. Its all about demand. We are gettin 72% of oil from overseas and 28% from our own. I wonder what it would be like if we got 72% from our own and 28% overseas? Politicians cant do anything, except for lying to get your vote. You want low gas prices? Stop requiring states to make different requirements for gas, open refineries in every major city, bring in our own domestic oil, and build power grids that comprise of nuclear energy (green people can be watchdogs to make sure all is done right). Because think about it, all that extra money we are paying middle east nations and such could be reinvested to build alternative fuels (which what green people want) and get away from oil permanently. The question you have to ask yourself, is who is to blame for this? The government is getting in the way from any progress for simple fact they are trying to stay in power by lying to Americans to get votes. Sad but True!

Old 05-29-2008, 09:59 AM

26 posts, read 54,314 times
Default Reason

Gas prices arent going to come down, that's the truth. China and India before 1998 were in a crisis, and now they have booming economies with populations that quadruple america's population. Its all about demand. We are gettin 72% of oil from overseas and 28% from our own. I wonder what it would be like if we got 72% from our own and 28% overseas? Politicians cant do anything, except for lying to get your vote. You want low gas prices? Stop requiring states to make different requirements for gas, open refineries in every major city, bring in our own domestic oil, and build power grids that comprise of nuclear energy (green people can be watchdogs to make sure all is done right). Because think about it, all that extra money we are paying middle east nations and such could be reinvested to build alternative fuels (which what green people want) and get away from oil permanently. The question you have to ask yourself, is who is to blame for this? The government is getting in the way from any progress for simple fact they are trying to stay in power by lying to Americans to get votes. Sad but True!

Old 05-29-2008, 10:14 AM

793 posts, read 2,215,159 times
I will probably go up to $8 or $9 a gallon, before stabilizing.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:36 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,031,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djf863000 View Post
I will probably go up to $8 or $9 a gallon, before stabilizing.

Don't worry, it won't get that bad. Just leave the Government out of it! In fact I think prices might stop dropping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections