Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2022, 03:34 PM

1,200 posts, read 620,853 times

Advertisements

I'm voting for people (I don't care what party they are with) who care about inflation (high gas prices, high food prices, etc.). I'm voting for people who care about unifying this country not dividing it.

I'm voting for people who want to close the open border and stop the drugs from coming in.

I could probably write more but what I stated is most important to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2022, 04:17 PM

6,105 posts, read 2,727,097 times
The fact that the Dems will hold the Senate should tell you how toxic Trump is. Before the Republicans were the favorite to take both houses.

Biden might not get much legislation passed but he will still get his judges and cabinet.

Old 09-04-2022, 04:27 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryfreak View Post
I think you're missing the point. The evidence seems to be mounting that Trump is losing support from those in or near the middle of the road. I've always been just right of the center of the road but that line has narrowed in recent years. Trump can ill afford to lose those voters but he is doing his best to make sure he loses again. He doesn't need Biden to lose as he will do it on his own.

Based on what? The midterms are in 2 months. Trump is out there campaigning hard and hauling money for the party. You want him to go in the basement and have Mitch, Liz Cheney and the Bushes do it?

Congress is gone for the Democrats and the Senate is up for grabs. Even if Democrats win the Senate that would be the same scenario of 2018 when President Trump lost the house and kept the Senate. Nobody blamed Biden or Schumer for losing the Senate 3 elections in a row. This is a process.

I don't see your narrative that you repeat.

Old 09-04-2022, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
The fact that the Dems will hold the Senate should tell you how toxic Trump is. Before the Republicans were the favorite to take both houses.

Biden might not get much legislation passed but he will still get his judges and cabinet.
Let's pretend in 2 months Democrats lose the house (they will) and keep the Senate. So what? How do you blame that on Trump, he is not on the ballot. Democrats lost the 3 Senate elections in a row, 2014, 2016 and 2018 and nobody called Biden or Schumer "toxic". Pelosi lost the house big time in 2010 and she lost 4 straight elections and finally won in 2018 and will lose it again in 2022. Nobody is calling her toxic. It cracks me up the different standards they put on Trump when they never apply it to themselves.

This is a process. If Republicans just win the house and lose the Senate they will be in the same exact position as Democrats were in 2018 but they will leverage the field by using Congress to investigate Biden and his administration and even impeached him making 2024 interesting. If Republicans win the Senate in 2022 then they will be in a better position than Democrats were in 2018.

I don't find Trump toxic. He is the most popular Republican with DeSantis in the party. Is not Mitch, or Liz or the Bushes which you Democrats now love so much but not so much from 2001 to 2009.

Old 09-04-2022, 04:54 PM

3,163 posts, read 2,053,003 times
This doesn't surprise me at all. I've always been independent, voting for whoever served my best interest. My first presidential vote of my life was for GW Bush.

Biden is off to a rather rocky start, but there is zero chance I'll ever vote for Trump. I generally liked his foreign policy and disliked his domestic agenda, but for me what does it is the fact you can't believe anything that comes out of his mouth. All politicians lie to some extent, but the whoppers have been flying from this guy since 2015 starting with the Obama birtherism and continuing on to this day. Huge, compulsive, easily disprovable lies. Lies that are so obvious, they're an insult to one's intelligence.

I suspect there's a lot of never Trump independents like me that don't love Biden but would still vote for him over Trump 100 times out of 100. And I expect that number to grow as Trump keeps showing his ass like he did at that rally last night. Just shameful stuff.

Old 09-04-2022, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
DeSantis did not go off the grid while people went into the Capitol building chanting “Hang Mike Pence†with a set of gallows, complete with nooses, nearby.

In 2024 I will vote Republican, whichever one gets the nomination, except for one person - Donald Trump. I will never vote for him and I am not alone.
Funny, Trump has been attacked and protested with nasty attacks since he won in 2016. Even on his inauguration they were getting violent and raised the hate. It was none stop. I didn't see the same people protesting about 1/6 defending Trump on the constant attacks and the Democrats calling him an illegitimate President and pushing a Russian hoax to discredit everyday his administration. I didn't see the Bushes, Liz Cheney, Dick Cheney, Mitt Romney and the Bush establishment come out to defend Trump and call out the B.S. They were all for it behind closed doors.

You even had AG Barr that said that the Obama administration spied on Trump and the FBI agents lied to get subpoenas to keep going after Trump and did NOTHING as the AG. Then as the AG he buried the Hunter's laptop since 2019 and stayed silent while Intel officers came in public to lie about being Russian misinformation and he did nothing as the AG of the country but your main issue is that in a 4 hour protest they chanted "Hang Mike Pence"????? Poor guy, I hope his feelings weren't hurt too badly but lets ignore the abuse Trump has to put up with for 6 years. The orange man deserves it.

Trump did a lot of good things. It exposed the Bush doctrine in the party and their real crimes and killed it and exposed the hypocrisy of the party after all the b.s in the last 35 years from wars, borders and selling out to China.

I will vote for whoever wins the GOP nomination between Trump or DeSantis because Biden and the Democrats are a lot worse then a few protesters screaming "Hang Mike Pence" and hurt his feelings. I will never vote for a Bush tool.

Old 09-04-2022, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
This doesn't surprise me at all. I've always been independent, voting for whoever served my best interest. My first presidential vote of my life was for GW Bush.

Biden is off to a rather rocky start, but there is zero chance I'll ever vote for Trump. I generally liked his foreign policy and disliked his domestic agenda, but for me what does it is the fact you can't believe anything that comes out of his mouth. All politicians lie to some extent, but the whoppers have been flying from this guy since 2015 starting with the Obama birtherism and continuing on to this day. Huge, compulsive, easily disprovable lies. Lies that are so obvious, they're an insult to one's intelligence.

I suspect there's a lot of never Trump independents like me that don't love Biden but would still vote for him over Trump 100 times out of 100. And I expect that number to grow as Trump keeps showing his ass like he did at that rally last night. Just shameful stuff.
So which lies you are willing to live with? Iraq WMD, the true definition of torture, that voting I.D. laws are Jim Crow on steroids, the definition of recession, the vaccine will prevent you getting the virus or spreading it, that the huge inflation bill has to do about lowering inflation, that the #1 threat to our Democracy are the 75 million Trump voters, that the S.C. illegally put a President in the W.H. , That Russia changed the outcome of the 2016 elections, that We need to fight in endless wars to defend our democracy. Those lies you can live with, I guess.

Biden has been telling lies while getting richer since 1973 so I don't have the time to list all his lies like the one he said in the primaries in 2020 that he was arrested with Nelson Mandela. That lie is not up there with Obama birtherism? I guess We have 2 standards of lying. It's not the lie, it's how you lie.

I'm sure many people that voted for Biden in 2020 because of the pandemic and the 2k checks for everybody will not vote for him again after their bank accounts are lighter and their lives more expensive.

I guess We will have to wait and see in 2024 if the people of PA ,WI, AZ and GA (whoever takes 3 out of those 4 states wins) that barely went with Biden will go for him again. We have to wait in 2 years and the GOP congress levels the playing field by finally going after Biden's corruptions that the media and DOJ have ignored. Come back in 2 years.

Old 09-04-2022, 05:50 PM

1,353 posts, read 789,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryfreak View Post
Not surprised at all considering what Trump has been doing. In my long life I have only voted for one democrat and he was a state senator who served in a time when politicians cared about all the residents of their districts. But for the first time in my life I may be voting either independent or for the left. No longer will I waste a vote on Trump or any mini Trump. Our party has blown it and I worry it may never recover. Now I'll sit back and watch the insults fly and how some of us cannot handle a few mean tweets from Trump. Some are just special enough to really believe that's all Trump is guilty of.

Independent voters are now leaning toward Democrats in the 2022 midterm elections: WSJ poll
John L. Dorman 4 hours ago

https://www.businessinsider.com/inde...den-gop-2022-9
I am in tears for you... But I do not believe this BS.

Old 09-06-2022, 03:18 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post

It was already show how repellingly toxic Trump is when people were willing to vote against him by resorting to a senile old man as Biden.

Old 09-06-2022, 06:19 AM

17,803 posts, read 13,703,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
The same claim was made repeatedly during 2016 and turned out to be wrong. Sound bites/quips from last nights rally in PA will make the local news stations which is the key.

However, Trump has yet to say if he's running in 2024 and that will depend on the results this Nov.
It's obvious that you are a Trump man. But 2016 to 2024 has allowed people to get more familiar with Trump and more people know what he is.

For those of us who grew up with the guy being in the public eye, we kind of already new that he was sort of an amalgamation of the Kardashians/Hugh Hefner/ Bernie Madoff. Now a lot more people are aware of that Trump is all about. That is why Biden was able to get so many people to come out and vote in 2020.

And "what he is all about" has made many Trump supporters switch to "policy" arguments because the realize what a reprehensible human being Trump is.

However, just like people found out about Trump, we find out Biden is kind of creepy as well. And although Biden is not the narcissist, megalomaniac that Trump is... his creepiness is repulsive to many.

2024 will be interesting if these two guys face off again. The run up to the election should be golden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections