Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2023, 11:06 AM

6,098 posts, read 2,720,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Spoken like a hard core Leftist. If you haven't realized it, we Arizonans are very Independant compared to Leftist states. Sinema fits that role. Gallego is just another Chicago Leftist like Lori Lightfoot. We already have a Racist Govenor and a Drug Cartel Lawyer Secretary of State. Any more like these and we will start to resemble Chicago, Detroit, SF.
Nah Sinema is a Turncoat Sellout I voted for her last time but won't make that mistake again. She only won cause many Dems came out to support her and she turned her back on them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2023, 02:57 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,451,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
Nah Sinema is a Turncoat Sellout I voted for her last time but won't make that mistake again. She only won cause many Dems came out to support her and she turned her back on them.
Sellout is an appropriate term.

I sent her money during her campaign. I was a bit excited about it.

Never again.

Old 03-03-2023, 04:43 PM

6,098 posts, read 2,720,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Sellout is an appropriate term.

I sent her money during her campaign. I was a bit excited about it.

Never again.
I'd be amazed if she gets re-elected. I'd still take her over Crazy Kari any day.

Old 03-04-2023, 09:48 AM

3,157 posts, read 2,206,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
I'd be amazed if she gets re-elected. I'd still take her over Crazy Kari any day.
If Lake ends up running for Senate, I expect the Big Orange Man will hold rallies in Arizona in the fall of 2024, bellowing that both he and Lake actually won their elections in the state but were cheated by "Democrat fraud". This will remind more middle of the road voters in Arizona what is at stake, and that supporting Sinema just divides the anti-#MAGA vote. Such voters have demonstrated recently they don't want election deniers and conspiracy peddlers in office.

Old 03-08-2023, 01:33 PM

1,838 posts, read 676,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Only problem with your theory is Sinema has already burned her bridges with the left. She might get some support from independents and never Lakers but she is just a deadman walking with everyone else. It might do you some good to look up thread and find the survey that indicated she is disliked by every demographic that matters in terms of support.
She still caucuses with the Democrats in the Senate, so it still part of the Left, albeit one who isn't trusted by the majority. And as for AZ voters, if Sinema runs again, she will likely appeal to more of them on the Left than the Right, given she voted with the Left more than the Right.

Old 03-15-2023, 01:44 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,453,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g555 View Post
She still caucuses with the Democrats in the Senate, so it still part of the Left, albeit one who isn't trusted by the majority. And as for AZ voters, if Sinema runs again, she will likely appeal to more of them on the Left than the Right, given she voted with the Left more than the Right.

Sinema, isn't actually Caucusing with the Democrats. She is, however aligned with Democrats for organizational purposes. A bit of a technicality more than anything, but a distinction nonetheless. Her ratings with Democrats were as bad if not worse than with Republicans. If anything I think she might get more votes from the right than left, especially if someone like Lake is the nominee. All in all, probably won't be much of a factor if she runs, and would be pretty close to pulling from each side.

Old 03-17-2023, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Sinema, isn't actually Caucusing with the Democrats. She is, however aligned with Democrats for organizational purposes. A bit of a technicality more than anything, but a distinction nonetheless. Her ratings with Democrats were as bad if not worse than with Republicans. If anything I think she might get more votes from the right than left, especially if someone like Lake is the nominee. All in all, probably won't be much of a factor if she runs, and would be pretty close to pulling from each side.
Well, she voted in KBJ but voted against ACB. One would think her voting record matters, even if she is now no longer in the D Party. She still supports Biden in supporting Ukraine. Kari Lake would likely not and would be aligned with the MAGA nominee. Where does Sinema really differ in fundamental viewpoints from Biden, who is most likely seeking re-election and will be in the top of the ticket?

She poses a more of risk that she siphons off votes from the Left, probably more neoliberals or corporate Democrats.

Last edited by g555; 03-17-2023 at 08:31 AM.. Reason: Added extra information.

Old 03-17-2023, 08:39 AM

39,074 posts, read 51,209,674 times
Quote:
Well, she voted in KBJ but voted against ACB. One would think her voting record matters, even if she is now no longer in the D Party. She still supports Biden in supporting Ukraine. Kari Lake would likely not and would be aligned with the MAGA nominee. Where does Sinema really differ in fundamental viewpoints from Biden, who is most likely seeking re-election and will be in the top of the ticket?

She poses a more of risk that she siphons off votes from the Left, probably more neoliberals or corporate Democrats.
She would not get much of the registered Democrats. She would attract the votes of the anti-Trump suburban Republicans in Maricopa County. This is the vote that put the Democrats over the top against the MAGA election-deniers. Without that vote, Lake would win in a three way. It is difficult to see how the Dems hold this seat under any scenario where Sinema is a third option on the ballot.

Old 03-17-2023, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
She would not get much of the registered Democrats. She would attract the votes of the anti-Trump suburban Republicans in Maricopa County. This is the vote that put the Democrats over the top against the MAGA election-deniers. Without that vote, Lake would win in a three way. It is difficult to see how the Dems hold this seat under any scenario where Sinema is a third option on the ballot.
She doesn't need majority but just enough to siphon Gallego's Left support.

Back in 2020, AZ primary Biden, a moderate Establishment candidate outperformed Sanders, the progressive. Would AZ registered Dems be so supportive of a progressive this time around, resulting in Sinema gets little left from the Democrats. I suppose anything can happen but it doesn't seem realistic.

Also, the fallout is those anti-Trump suburban Republicans would be advancing in Lake in that scenario. Anyways, MAGA supporters might want Lake to be Trump's running mate and Trump might listen to his support. She was an attraction in CPAC by the supporters there.

The Democrats need to handle Sinema regardless of the R candidate in AZ. Maybe Biden could offer her a position in his Cabinet, so that she doesn't run.

Last edited by g555; 03-17-2023 at 09:27 AM..

Old 03-17-2023, 09:45 AM

39,074 posts, read 51,209,674 times
Quote:
She doesn't need majority but just enough to siphon Gallego's Left support.

Back in 2020, AZ primary Biden, a moderate Establishment candidate outperformed Sanders, the progressive. Would AZ registered Dems be so supportive of a progressive this time around, resulting in Sinema gets little left from the Democrats. I suppose anything can happen but it doesn't seem realistic.

Also, the fallout is those anti-Trump suburban Republicans would be advancing in Lake in that scenario. Anyways, MAGA supporters might want Lake to be Trump's running mate and Trump might listen to his support. She was an attraction in CPAC by the supporters there.

The Democrats need to handle Sinema regardless of the R candidate in AZ. Maybe Biden could offer her a position in his Cabinet, so that she doesn't run.
She's obsessive about veterans' affairs. Maybe that would be a good post for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections