Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2022, 03:32 PM

22,457 posts, read 11,981,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Sad that you apparently were sleeping when some 62 court cases were presented and thrown out. Sad that you missed all the recounts that didn't change a thing. How did you miss all of these events?
Sad that you refuse to get that those cases were thrown out due to those who brought the cases to SCOTUS had no standing to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2022, 04:09 PM

13,442 posts, read 4,283,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Duh! Of course you can get Covid after being vaccinated. But there a much greater chance you won't die from it. I know 5 people who were vaccinated, and got Covid, but their recoveries were quite rapid.
Ohh duh, really? I know 25 people that got the corona virus before the vaccine and beat it quick and some didn't know they had it. They hardly had any symptoms.

My family and I got it after the 2 vaccines expired and it was mild and We never got the booster shot or will get the new one. We never got it in the year before the vaccine push.

For over a year the government said if you get the vaccine you won't get it or spread it and went hard after the people that decided not to get it. Again, if that's not a big lie, I don't know what is. Not only a lie but to manipulate the population with bullying and shame and it started at the top of the government.

and what you posted is not true either. You repeat the government lie. More people died after vaccine than before. If something important needs a public hearing to find the origin of a virus that killed millions and the push on drugs with lies that a few got very rich it's this but I guess "saving" democracy is still the #1 issue.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Old 09-11-2022, 04:15 PM

494 posts, read 285,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...-resu-n2612633

Kari Lake is fantastic! Get out and support her Arizona!
What an amazing answer! I would definitely vote for her if living in AZ!

Old 09-11-2022, 07:04 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,292,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
So is not really about lies. It's which sides does the lying. Saying that the vaccine will prevent you from getting the virus or spreading it and still doubles down on mandatory vaccine isn't "loco" (crazy) to you?
Saying Trump won doesn't hurt anybody except feelings but forcing a drug on millions of people on lies does hurt people.

Which one is really the Big Lie?
Try to change the subject when you have lost the argument.

Old 09-11-2022, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Try to change the subject when you have lost the argument.

I thought your argument was about lying or is it about mental illness? I guess you are a doctor now and treat strangers you never met. You open the can of worms. Deal with it.

Old 09-11-2022, 09:39 PM

This is night and day. No wonder Hobbs refuses to debate Lake. Hobbs is out of her league. Lake will win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PqV-kL3CIg

Old 09-11-2022, 10:24 PM

13,692 posts, read 7,979,859 times
The AZ Republic which I believe is the largest newspaper in AZ says Hobbs is making a big mistake refusing to debate Lake.
https://www.azcentral.com/story/opin...ut/8021648001/

Hobbs is the first candidate for governor to ever refuse to go one-on-one with her opponent since the Clean Elections Commission began hosting debates in 2002. She is the only candidate this year to decline a Clean Elections invitation to debate her opponent in the Nov. 8 election. First, she dodged fellow Democrat Marco Lopez. Now, Lake.

By refusing to debate, Hobbs is playing right into Lake’s hands. She is telling us that she can’t stand up to her opponent.

Lake is delighted, as she now trips about the state calling Hobbs a coward.

Democrats have rushed to Hobbs’ defense, acting as if it is somehow unreasonable to expect their candidate to take on the bombastic Lake.

To debate Lake, they say, would be a debacle.

And, in fact, it has become one. For Hobbs.

The Democratic nominee, instead, proposed a town-hall style forum, where each candidate appears separately for an interview with Arizona Horizon’s Ted Simons. Both Lake and the Clean Elections commission rejected the idea, with Lake noting that Hobbs' town hall plan amounted to "a safe space."

“Facing criticism and taking responsibility for your record in front of the voters is one of the most basic qualifications of leadership," Lake wrote. "Hobbs is failing at it spectacularly.”

She's right. A town hall is a dodge. A debate is required -- if you want to be taken seriously, that is.

It's worth noting that 13 of the 16 citizens who spoke at Thursday’s commission meeting urged the commissioners to stick with a debate format. The commission agreed, voting 3-1 to stick with a debate format and give Hobbs seven days to reconsider.

It's worth noting -- again, that is -- that every other candidate taking on the MAGA slate will debate their opponent.

“We have a format that we have used for a number of years that has been successful," said Commissioner Mark Kimble, a former aide to Democratic Reps. Gabby Giffords and Ron Barber. "That has given the voters of Arizona the opportunity to compare and contrast the candidates face to face,”

Until now, that is.

Now we have Katie Hobbs, denying voters that opportunity. And, possibly, herself the opportunity to become Arizona's next governor.

Last edited by john3232; 09-11-2022 at 10:36 PM..

Old 09-12-2022, 12:18 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,292,176 times
Quote:
I thought your argument was about lying or is it about mental illness? I guess you are a doctor now and treat strangers you never met. You open the can of worms. Deal with it.
My comment was about what I thought about people who believe Trump won the election.

Old 09-12-2022, 04:05 PM

17,616 posts, read 6,898,231 times
Quote:
This is night and day. No wonder Hobbs refuses to debate Lake. Hobbs is out of her league. Lake will win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PqV-kL3CIg
Hobbs is a terrible candidate. I can see why she is too chicken to debate Lake. Hobbs is an imbecile.

Who is dumber, Hobbs or Fetterman? Now that's a tough call.

Old 09-12-2022, 06:46 PM

Hobbs is way off refusing to debate. Just on that alone the people of Arizona should think twice before giving her a vote. It's an insult to the voters. Hobbs feels she is too good to debate ideas with Lake and her supporters. Sad. Looking at the video above it shows why Lake would mop the floor with her because Lake takes command when she speaks . It would be like JFK vs Nixon debate but worse for Hobbs.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 09-12-2022 at 06:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections