Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2022, 10:10 AM

13,281 posts, read 7,321,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Remember late October of 2016? Hillary Clinton had a double-digit lead in "the polls".

It's highly unlikely that ANY of the polling is accurate. I was approached by a polling person at my house yesterday. How do I know that she recorded my response, especially if she leaned in the other direction.

Remember, the stench of the Biden Administration is on EVERY Democrat, whether they support the senile fool or not. The candidates know it, and that's why they don't want Biden anywhere near them. Even the guy who suffered a stroke in PA wants nothing to do with a Biden appearance. That may have more to do with the fact that he fears Biden may actually be more coherent.
I agree polling is far from perfect in a red state like NC I would expect republicans to have at least 5-8 % that is what I'm pointing out.

If you look at polling in 2016 near the election you see that in swing states where Trump won it was a 1-2 point difference between Clinton and Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2022, 10:18 AM

4,669 posts, read 4,982,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I agree polling is far from perfect in a red state like NC I would expect republicans to have at least 5-8 % that is what I'm pointing out.

If you look at polling in 2016 near the election you see that in swing states where Trump won it was a 1-2 point difference between Clinton and Trump.
Based on what?

When was the last time a Republican won a statewide race by more than 5% in NC?

Old 09-07-2022, 10:26 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
A\

I remember when it was argued SCOTUS would never overturn Roe v Wade. They were wrong about that, and they will be wrong about this as well.

Voters are not stupid. It will be reflected at the ballot box.

Who argued that? Democrats? It was a bad law and made up law since 1973. Judges shouldn't make law. I wouldn't worry about the judicial branch. Worry more about the legislative branch and executive branch. The judicial branch doesn't make laws (unless you are a liberal judge on the bench) or enforces laws.

Old 09-07-2022, 04:01 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post
Or Republicans are sitting at home because they've been told by a figure of authority that all elections are rigged!
I actually disagree with this . I genuinely think Gop candidates thought this was going to be a wave year where they could cruise to victory and now see it isn't going to happen that way .

Again. I made multiple posts about North Carolina poll numbers looking weird in this environment even when Bidens numbers were tanking.

North Carolina Dems are using the same strategy Virginia Dems did and pooling funds and working together even in losing districts just to get as many votes as possible .

Republicans worst nightmare is Democrats getting support levels in cities and black communities equal to rural areas .

Old 09-07-2022, 04:47 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,309,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Based on what?

When was the last time a Republican won a statewide race by more than 5% in NC?
2016 US Senate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_U...North_Carolina

Old 09-07-2022, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
The fact that Raleigh/Wake went from 50/50 a couple of years ago to Democrats surpassing their Charlotte/Meck output means Dems are either flipping votes, or people are moving their in such a pace that Republicans cant keep up.

Old 09-07-2022, 10:20 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
You left off Abortion, the #1 issue of the 2022 mid-terms.

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/po...b-a67812b53b20
Yes
Significant numbers of women registering to vote who haven’t come out before
And not just the young ones
Women of all ages
They are going to rock the GOPs’ boat

Old 09-08-2022, 07:09 AM

5,280 posts, read 6,216,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
You must know a lot of women that share their personal opinion about abortion with you. What state are you from S.C., are they turning S.C. blue?
Look at the SC coastal House district to see how important abortion rights are to voters. It was gerrymandered R but flipped in 2018 ( flipped back by a few thousand votes in 2020)- they gerrymandered more heavily R. If that seat flips back to a D it will be base 100% on women voting abortion rights.

Also- SC is about 10 point R state. NC is purple. Tillis would have lost in 2020 if the Schumer anointed candidate had not got caught in a sexting scandal. And Beasley has won races in NC before.

SC and NC are very different states as NC has had explosive growth in its two largest metros related to jobs and industries. SC has tended to have growth related to retirees/early retirees/lifestyle.

Old 09-08-2022, 07:17 AM

5,280 posts, read 6,216,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The fact that Raleigh/Wake went from 50/50 a couple of years ago to Democrats surpassing their Charlotte/Meck output means Dems are either flipping votes, or people are moving their in such a pace that Republicans cant keep up.
Burr has been the strongest R candidate in North Carolina in the last 20 years. He typically fares better than the rest of the ticket.

But Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill and the Charlotte metro have both boomed exponentially over the last 20 years. Former suburbs could now pass for small cities and rural outposts are now suburbs. Traditionally Wake (central county to the Raleigh area) was D and Mecklenburg (Charlotte) was R to counter each other but Charlotte is growing bluer and Raleigh is swallowing up its surroundings.

Old 09-08-2022, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
Burr has been the strongest R candidate in North Carolina in the last 20 years. He typically fares better than the rest of the ticket.

But Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill and the Charlotte metro have both boomed exponentially over the last 20 years. Former suburbs could now pass for small cities and rural outposts are now suburbs. Traditionally Wake (central county to the Raleigh area) was D and Mecklenburg (Charlotte) was R to counter each other but Charlotte is growing bluer and Raleigh is swallowing up its surroundings.
Mecklenburg hasnt voted for a Republicans since 2000 and has given the Dem above 60% in every election since 2008 (senate and presidential)

Where as Wake didnt shift until 2008, and has only given 1 Democrats over 60%(Biden)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections