Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2022, 07:04 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take a History Class View Post
Polls are turning in key states, including NV, so I wouldn't be so confident if I were you. Republicans are hard to poll now, so any race that shows them up close to election day is probably a loser for the big D.

I've long maintained that working class and independent voters will break hard for Republicans this year. Highly credentialed suburban women can stamp their feet and scream about how without easy access to the baby vacuum their daughters won't become GIRLBOSS (TM) because that dirty boy down the street is bound to stick it in her and not have any consequences because PATRIARCHY, but many of them were already voting Democrat anyway. You're counting on those that were inclined to vote Republican switching and ignoring the massive $hitshow that the Biden admin is presiding over. That's counting on a pretty narrow block of people, vs. a much larger one. I'll take that trade any day.
You sound worried.

All I said was six months ago the Democrats had no hope of winning, which is true, and that now suddenly it doesn't look like such a GOP slam dunk, which is also true. As evidenced by your desperate, and insulting to half the population, response.

Your party's views on women is one of the things that is going to make this next election difficult for the GOP. But please, continue to tell us how you fell about us. It's helping the Democrats every time you open your mouth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2022, 08:08 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
You sound worried.

All I said was six months ago the Democrats had no hope of winning, which is true, and that now suddenly it doesn't look like such a GOP slam dunk, which is also true. As evidenced by your desperate, and insulting to half the population, response.

Your party's views on women is one of the things that is going to make this next election difficult for the GOP. But please, continue to tell us how you fell about us. It's helping the Democrats every time you open your mouth.

The house is gone. Your party can offer free abortions and needles and still you are living in la-la land if you still think the house is in play. Pelosi is gone.

Old 09-23-2022, 10:19 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,714,981 times
Quote:
You sound worried.

What you should be paying attention to is that despite so much negative coverage of Trump and anyone associated with him, the Democrats are barely competitive. When you aren't seeing overwhelming support for your party despite the constant bombardment of "the other party is evil," it should tell you that people aren't falling for the Democrat propaganda anymore. With the known bias in the polls, the races aren't as close as you think they are.

Old 09-23-2022, 06:05 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Did anyone ever expect Georgia to ever be a swing state?

I'm sure that if anyone is looking for signs and portents of change, Georgia is a good place to start examining closely.

Old 09-23-2022, 10:09 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Did anyone ever expect Georgia to ever be a swing state?

I'm sure that if anyone is looking for signs and portents of change, Georgia is a good place to start examining closely.
2020 was an odd year because of the pandemic and the economy closing. Lots of people lost their jobs and lots of money. We have to wait the 2002 midterms and 2024 election to back your opinion.

Clinton won GA in 1992 by 0.5% but Democrats lost the next 6 President elections until Biden won in 2020 by 0.2%. We have to wait for the 2022 and 2024 elections if there is a trend. I don't think Biden or Kamala would win GA in 2024 and I don't see Kemp losing the governorship in 2022.

Old 10-02-2022, 07:48 AM

837 posts, read 855,426 times
I've said this in a prior thread in the Pennsylvania forum, that if the GOP can at least get 20% of the black vote, not win the black vote, but just get at least a fifth of the black vote, it would be all over for the Democrats and the Democrat party, as we know it, would die a slow, grueling, painful death and they have nobody to blame but themselves!

Old 10-02-2022, 11:13 AM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer34 View Post
I've said this in a prior thread in the Pennsylvania forum, that if the GOP can at least get 20% of the black vote, not win the black vote, but just get at least a fifth of the black vote, it would be all over for the Democrats and the Democrat party, as we know it, would die a slow, grueling, painful death and they have nobody to blame but themselves!

I recall shortly after Obama won in 2008 the MSM crowing how the Rep. party was destined to wander the political wilderness for decades. The changing demographic within the country assured they would be locked out unless they changed their evil ways. That certainly didn't last long. The Rep. have been making solid gains with Hispanic voters and if they can peel off say a good 15% of the Black vote the Dems will be in trouble.

Old 10-02-2022, 11:24 AM

6,105 posts, read 2,727,097 times
Quote:
Six months ago the Democrats weren't expecting to win in the midterms. Suddenly they are competitive. It seems the projected red wave has turned into a ripple.

We'll see how things turn out in the end, but it's pretty apparent that the big win the GOP was counting on is disappearing. Maybe they shouldn't have ticked off 51% of the population and continue to support a man who thinks he can declassify documents with his mind. Those things are certainly not helping the Republicans in this election cycle.
The "red wave" will be more like a ripple.

Old 10-02-2022, 02:21 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,189,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
If 21% of African-Americans voters vote for Republicans in the upcoming November elections, it will be extremely difficult for Dems to win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer34 View Post
It sounds unlikely for that to happen:

Quote:
Since June, polls have routinely shown Mr. Walker attracting less than 10 percent of Black voters in the race against incumbent Raphael Warnock, the pastor at Atlanta’s Ebenezer Baptist Church. Although Mr. Walker often boasts he is going to win “the Black vote,” surveys have found him poised to win no more Black voters than other Republicans on the ballot.
https://news.yahoo.com/racial-divide...145027283.html

Old 10-02-2022, 03:43 PM

8,418 posts, read 7,419,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
White Georgia Incumbant Governor, Brian Kemp, is polling at 21% with African-Americans in the GA Governors race against Stacy Abrams, an African-American opponent.

Kemp is +7 overall right now.

If 21% of African-Americans voters vote for Republicans in the upcoming November elections, it will be extremely difficult for Dems to win.
Georgia Governor Brian Kemp not only didn't pick up Donald Trump's endorsement for this election cycle, Trump endorsed another Republican candidate, former US Senator from Georgia David Perdue. Kemp won the Republican primary with nearly 75% of the vote, while Perdue received less than 22%.

Democratic gubernatorial candidate Stacy Abrams has been having issues with Black male voters. My guess is that they are crossing over to vote for Kemp, or rather, to vote against Abrams.

The same poll shows incumbent Democratic Senator Raphael Warnock leading Trump endorsed Republican senatorial candidate Hershel Walker.

The conclusion of how this 21% of Black voters for Kemp translates to 21% of Black voters for Republicans in general seems to be to be rather dubious at best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections