Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2022, 02:08 PM

8,318 posts, read 4,671,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
The last 10 RCP polls has DeSantis winning and the last legit poll they have him by 7% and the RCP prediction is GOP hold. So I don't know who the Crist's camp paid to get a favorable numbers to keep getting donations. Donations to a campaign depends on polling. Somehow if the camp gets a favorable poll regardless if it's questionable they can go to their donors and ask for more money. That's why I don't trust some polls.
Could be. But all of those previous polls were done before the migrant fiasco. The Listener Poll is the first poll to be done AFTER the migrant fiasco. That's why I said we'll need to see a few more new polls to get a better take on it.

Old 09-23-2022, 02:10 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wondermint2 View Post
Could be. But all of those previous polls were done before the migrant fiasco. The Listener Poll is the first poll to be done AFTER the migrant fiasco. That's why I said we'll need to see a few more new polls to get a better take on it.
You mean overturning Roe v. Wade had no impact, and it's a bunch of pro-illegal immigrant voters who swung the polls 12 points in Crist's favor?

Yeah, I'm sure that's what happened.

Old 09-23-2022, 02:25 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:

All polls that I seen gives the GOP the party to better handle immigration. I really doubt Florida of all places will want open borders and go with Crist who has flip flopped so many times about immigration. He voted for the wall and the next day he was against it.

The border issue gives the GOP the edge. Biden's plan is not working.

Old 09-23-2022, 03:05 PM

8,318 posts, read 4,671,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
All polls that I seen gives the GOP the party to better handle immigration. I really doubt Florida of all places will want open borders and go with Crist who has flip flopped so many times about immigration. He voted for the wall and the next day he was against it.

The border issue gives the GOP the edge. Biden's plan is not working.
Yes I'm sure many Republicans are in favor of the DeSantis stunt. And yes there is a border problem.

However IMO many people are upset about the actual details of how DeSantis pulled off the stunt. There are currently civil lawsuits and a criminal investigation going on in TX.

DeSantis used Florida money to move migrants from Texas to Martha's Vinyard. The FL Constitution only gives Ron the power to move migrants living in Florida.

Also the brochure (designed by someone on Ron's team) to lure the migrants in TX onto flights was bogus. The flag used in the brochure was a fake and not the real state flag of MA. See here:

How did an image of a fake Massachusetts flag end up in a brochure for Martha’s Vineyard migrants?

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/09/...yard-migrants/

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Also DeSantis was planning to move more migrants from TX to Delaware - but instead he left them stranded. His PR team claims he punked the media - but it's obvious that he had more migrant flights planned - but then got cold feet after law enforcement became involved. See here:

Operatives linked to DeSantis promised to fly migrants to Delaware — but left them stranded

https://amp.miamiherald.com/news/loc...266089771.html

Last edited by wondermint2; 09-23-2022 at 03:36 PM..

Old 09-23-2022, 03:41 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
As much as I would love to see DeSantis down, one poll is well just one poll. Consensus of polling still shows DeSantis up. Unless more polls start showing something similar, I don't think much stock should be put into just one poll. FWIW, the same holds true when a poll shows a Republican doing better than what the consensus of polling shows.

Old 09-23-2022, 03:50 PM

19,846 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Charlie Crist has reached a milestone of being defeated as a Republican an Independent and as a Democrat.

Last edited by shadowne; 09-23-2022 at 05:07 PM..

Old 09-23-2022, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Yes I'm sure many Republicans are in favor of the DeSantis stunt. And yes there is a border problem.

However IMO many people are upset about the actual details of how DeSantis pulled off the stunt. There are currently civil lawsuits and a criminal investigation going on in TX.

DeSantis used Florida money to move migrants from Texas to Martha's Vinyard. The FL Constitution only gives Ron the power to move migrants living in Florida.

Also the brochure (designed by someone on Ron's team) to lure the migrants in TX onto flights was bogus. The flag used in the brochure was a fake and not the real state flag of MA. See here:

How did an image of a fake Massachusetts flag end up in a brochure for Martha’s Vineyard migrants?

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/09/...yard-migrants/

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Also DeSantis was planning to move more migrants from TX to Delaware - but instead he left them stranded. His PR team claims he punked the media - but it's obvious that he had more migrant flights planned - but then got cold feet after law enforcement became involved. See here:

Operatives linked to DeSantis promised to fly migrants to Delaware — but left them stranded

https://amp.miamiherald.com/news/loc...266089771.html
MSM garbage. You mean the majority of people are upset with DeSatins about 50 immigrants when We have a problem of over 20 million illegal immigrants and still growing in the border for decades that is costing the taxpayers billions of dollars a year while the current WH administration is ignoring the crisis and the endless lawsuits tying up the courts? I guess the MSM doesn't talk about that.

Biden and Democrats get low approval on their immigration policy 66% disapprove. That's consistent in all polls. What DeSantis is doing is bringing the debate to the forefront.

Old 09-23-2022, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Charlie Christ has reached a milestone of being defeated as a Republican an Independent and as a Democrat.

That clown shows everyday what is wrong with politics. He will flip flop with parties and convictions as long that he gets to power. He was for the wall at the border then somebody gave him a call and a day later he was against it. He is a hack.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 09-23-2022 at 05:02 PM..

Old 09-23-2022, 04:54 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
As much as I would love to see DeSantis down, one poll is well just one poll. Consensus of polling still shows DeSantis up. Unless more polls start showing something similar, I don't think much stock should be put into just one poll. FWIW, the same holds true when a poll shows a Republican doing better than what the consensus of polling shows.
Why would you "love to see DeSantis down"? You're in a deep blue dump, NY, and DeSantis has no effect on your deep blue dump.

I guess the thought of people living in freedom bothers you that much.

I couldn't care less if Hochul wins her election. The people in NY deserve a mindless totalitarian like Hochul, and she doesn't affect me one bit.

Old 09-23-2022, 04:57 PM

9,984 posts, read 5,684,706 times
Quote:
The poll was done on September 21st and it's listed on FiveThirtyEight:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com.../2022/florida/
Did you happen to notice anything conspicuous about that poll compared to the other polls listed?

I'm not one to dismiss polls out of hand, but... get serious. I'll be surprised if Christ comes within a double-digit margin of DeSantis. Or Crist for that matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections