Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2022, 05:09 PM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
MSM garbage. You mean the majority of people are upset with DeSatins about 50 immigrants when We have a problem of over 20 million illegal immigrants and still growing in the border for decades that is costing the taxpayers billions of dollars a year while the current WH administration is ignoring the crisis and the endless lawsuits tying up the courts? I guess the MSM doesn't talk about that.

Biden and Democrats get low approval on their immigration policy 66% disapprove. That's consistent in all polls. What DeSantis is doing is bringing the debate to the forefront.

The Dems and many in the MSM are worried. The momentum the Dems had a month ago is gone. They are going to lose the House and have no lock on the Senate.

But the Dems do have plenty of money. Silicon Valley fat cats who are happy to write another check. Eager to out virtue signal each other.

"Look I gave 15 million." "Chump change. I gave 75 million."

Old 09-23-2022, 05:48 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Momentum.
Meh.
Bill Clinton had no momentum at all in 1992 until 5 weeks before Election Day.

Old 09-23-2022, 09:57 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Momentum.
Meh.
Bill Clinton had no momentum at all in 1992 until 5 weeks before Election Day.

Clinton had momentum alright. It was call Ross Perot taking lots of votes from HW Bush.

Old 09-24-2022, 06:01 AM

1,420 posts, read 755,147 times
Crist can't win a statewide race. Florida Dems made a mistake nominating him, they would have been better off with Niki.

Old 09-24-2022, 08:39 AM

21,480 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wondermint2 View Post
Could be. But all of those previous polls were done before the migrant fiasco. The Listener Poll is the first poll to be done AFTER the migrant fiasco. That's why I said we'll need to see a few more new polls to get a better take on it.
Do you honestly think this migrant fiasco is showing DeSantis in a bad light? I think it’s putting the spotlight on the Biden Administration’s fiasco. And highlights the utter hypocrisy of the blue state governors and mayors who blame it all on the GOP governors like the entire immigration crisis is their fault. Every article or news cast claiming that has thousands of comments calling bs. I don’t believe this poll for a minute.

Old 09-24-2022, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
You mean overturning Roe v. Wade had no impact, and it's a bunch of pro-illegal immigrant voters who swung the polls 12 points in Crist's favor?

Yeah, I'm sure that's what happened.
Abortion is still legal in Florida.

Old 09-24-2022, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondermint2 View Post
Yes I'm sure many Republicans are in favor of the DeSantis stunt. And yes there is a border problem.

However IMO many people are upset about the actual details of how DeSantis pulled off the stunt. There are currently civil lawsuits and a criminal investigation going on in TX.

DeSantis used Florida money to move migrants from Texas to Martha's Vinyard. The FL Constitution only gives Ron the power to move migrants living in Florida.

Also the brochure (designed by someone on Ron's team) to lure the migrants in TX onto flights was bogus. The flag used in the brochure was a fake and not the real state flag of MA. See here:

How did an image of a fake Massachusetts flag end up in a brochure for Martha’s Vineyard migrants?

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/09/...yard-migrants/

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Also DeSantis was planning to move more migrants from TX to Delaware - but instead he left them stranded. His PR team claims he punked the media - but it's obvious that he had more migrant flights planned - but then got cold feet after law enforcement became involved. See here:

Operatives linked to DeSantis promised to fly migrants to Delaware — but left them stranded

https://amp.miamiherald.com/news/loc...266089771.html
What DeSantis did was not against the law. The Bexar County Sheriff is opening a criminal investigation without citing one crime because there is no crime. I’m sure the DNC asked him to do it so the media could then add that DeSantis was under criminal investigation in every article. And you fell for it.

Old 09-24-2022, 12:11 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Clinton had momentum alright. It was call Ross Perot taking lots of votes from HW Bush.
Uh- no.
But whatever you say, bro... I won't play the deflection game with you. You're the master of that game.

Old 09-24-2022, 12:21 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Uh- no.
But whatever you say, bro... I won't play the deflection game with you. You're the master of that game.

How am I "deflecting", brah? My opinion, the real momentum Clinton had in 1992 was Ross Perot taking votes from HW Bush. I voted in that election, did you?

Old 09-24-2022, 12:36 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Quote:
How am I "deflecting", brah? My opinion, the real momentum Clinton had in 1992 was Ross Perot taking votes from HW Bush. I voted in that election, did you?
Perot may have taken more from Bush than Clinton in 92, but not enough to impact the election. Polls at the time generally showed a breakout of 40% Bush, 30% Clinton, 30% neither or other 3rd party candidates for Perot voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections