Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2022, 08:24 PM

13,245 posts, read 7,295,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
It appears DeSantis is doing a good job overseeing the hurricane relief effort. Probably good for a 2-3 point pop. In any event he's got Fl. this Nov. in the bag.

However, the entire country is watching and DeSantis (along with his campaign team) are certain to remember:
https://www.usnews.com/news/the-repo...%20the%20plane.
History repeats itself he is asking Biden for help he knows playing politics with this will backlash badly on him.

Old 10-03-2022, 10:51 PM

17,616 posts, read 6,900,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
History repeats itself he is asking Biden for help he knows playing politics with this will backlash badly on him.

You better load up on wine. One month until you disappear.

Old 10-04-2022, 06:15 AM

A new Mason-Dixon poll out this morning has Rubio up 6 over Demings.

Old 10-04-2022, 06:49 AM

10,832 posts, read 4,517,327 times
This is the race where the challenger said he is to be compared to Christ and the challenger has said the incumbent is satan?

This is the race where the regressives only poll shows 'Christ' has a 1 pt lead and the rest show the reverse and more?

This is the race where hundreds of thousands of north east liberals have fled to live there saying as 1: "we like how the state is run" but once they get there want to back another same-policy liberal?

Sure, unseat Desantis and enjoy wearing your mask.

11/11/22 - vet day - if the dems hold both houses a new 'master plan' goes into effect. Cant say you were not warned.

Old 10-04-2022, 12:22 PM

5,276 posts, read 6,209,043 times
FWIW- I think the Martha Vineyard stunt was probably a huge strategic error as Rs depend heavily on the support of Hispanics who immigrated to escape communist/totalitarian regimes. So pulling that stunt with Venezuelans who had already been processed is going to be a negative. But I truly cannot believe anyone is excited to vote for Crist. The man is a crook. His is also second to only Lindsay Graham in terms of a need for constant attention.

The interesting race will be if that move hurts them in 2024. I firmly believe the 2000 Presidential election ended up being impacted by the Elian Gonzalez fiasco that hurt Dem inroads with Cuban voters in South Florida.

All that said- Florida is still inching rightward unless women angered by Dobbs vote at some astronomically high percentage.

Old 10-04-2022, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
FWIW- I think the Martha Vineyard stunt was probably a huge strategic error as Rs depend heavily on the support of Hispanics who immigrated to escape communist/totalitarian regimes. So pulling that stunt with Venezuelans who had already been processed is going to be a negative. But I truly cannot believe anyone is excited to vote for Crist. The man is a crook. His is also second to only Lindsay Graham in terms of a need for constant attention.

The interesting race will be if that move hurts them in 2024. I firmly believe the 2000 Presidential election ended up being impacted by the Elian Gonzalez fiasco that hurt Dem inroads with Cuban voters in South Florida.

All that said- Florida is still inching rightward unless women angered by Dobbs vote at some astronomically high percentage.
Women "angered by Dobbs" were ALWAYS going to vote Democrat. Always.

And if there are any intelligent women "angered by Dobbs," then they should appreciate that Dobbs means that abortion is now a state issue. Under Dobbs, abortion has nothing to do with any federal election such as for the Senate or House of Representatives.

Old 10-04-2022, 05:09 PM

3,256 posts, read 1,411,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
MSM garbage. You mean the majority of people are upset with DeSatins about 50 immigrants when We have a problem of over 20 million illegal immigrants and still growing in the border for decades that is costing the taxpayers billions of dollars a year while the current WH administration is ignoring the crisis and the endless lawsuits tying up the courts? I guess the MSM doesn't talk about that.

Biden and Democrats get low approval on their immigration policy 66% disapprove. That's consistent in all polls. What DeSantis is doing is bringing the debate to the forefront.
Is it 20 million? I thought it was like 11 million.

Old 10-04-2022, 05:36 PM

13,442 posts, read 4,285,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
Is it 20 million? I thought it was like 11 million.

It has been 11 million for 30 years. Whatever the government tells you times it by 2 or 3.

Old 10-04-2022, 05:48 PM

3,256 posts, read 1,411,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
It has been 11 million for 30 years. Whatever the government tells you times it by 2 or 3.
I didn’t know that was the rule.

Old 10-04-2022, 05:50 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,436,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Women "angered by Dobbs" were ALWAYS going to vote Democrat. Always.

And if there are any intelligent women "angered by Dobbs," then they should appreciate that Dobbs means that abortion is now a state issue. Under Dobbs, abortion has nothing to do with any federal election such as for the Senate or House of Representatives.
Not this R woman and many more like me that I know.

We also do not appreciate that it is now a state issue as the state of FL as well as many other states will use that to violated womens' rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections