Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2022, 12:52 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
If the Dems do keep the house they should elect Adam Schiff as speaker
Somewhere in the recesses of my mind I think I recall hearing Ms. Pelosi say she would not run for Speaker of the House again, after the last election. I am not certain of this, but I believe I've seen that written and discussed if not during an actual interview with her.

The Democratic Party has a strong complement of intelligent, educated, decent & qualified democracy loving reps. Adam Schiff being one, I agree. Jamie Raskin and several others come to mind as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2022, 02:26 PM

13,442 posts, read 4,283,969 times
You 2 should stop the b.s. The house is gone. Pelosi is done. They are playing the base with lies to keep getting donations.

Calling Adam Schiff intelligent, educated, decent & qualified democracy loving rep is the joke of the year. Go ahead and name him the Democrat minority leader in the house when Pelosi leaves, that will guarantee that Democrats won't win the house for over 8 years.

Old 10-04-2022, 03:24 PM

13,232 posts, read 7,290,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Somewhere in the recesses of my mind I think I recall hearing Ms. Pelosi say she would not run for Speaker of the House again, after the last election. I am not certain of this, but I believe I've seen that written and discussed if not during an actual interview with her.

The Democratic Party has a strong complement of intelligent, educated, decent & qualified democracy loving reps. Adam Schiff being one, I agree. Jamie Raskin and several others come to mind as well.

Can you imagine the right wingers will go crazy if Schiff is speaker can't think who they hate more Pelosi or Schiff.

Old 10-04-2022, 03:29 PM

13,442 posts, read 4,283,969 times
Crazy???? We will love if you democrats put Schiff as your minority leader in the house. It will be great for laughs.

Old 10-04-2022, 04:05 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,452,038 times
Quote:

While not set in stone, Hakeem Jefferies appears to be the most likely to replace Pelosi as the Democratic leader in the House.

Old 10-04-2022, 04:28 PM

17,612 posts, read 6,898,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
While not set in stone, Hakeem Jefferies appears to be the most likely to replace Pelosi as the Democratic leader in the House.
Another Marxist loon who will be even worse than Pelosi. Yes, that is possible.

Old 10-05-2022, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Right you are. I've been reading that. Another all around strong & qualified, intelligent, decent, democracy loving, American patriot who is an effective Democratic rep.

Old 10-05-2022, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
You 2 should stop the b.s. The house is gone. Pelosi is done. They are playing the base with lies to keep getting donations.

Calling Adam Schiff intelligent, educated, decent & qualified democracy loving rep is the joke of the year. Go ahead and name him the Democrat minority leader in the house when Pelosi leaves, that will guarantee that Democrats won't win the house for over 8 years.
Sigh. So, how does it feel to know everything about everything, dear? I've been wanting to ask you that for quite some time.

How fortunate we posters are to have you in every thread across this forum with such commanding infinite omniscience.

Old 10-05-2022, 05:36 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,922,811 times
Quote:
Right you are. I've been reading that. Another all around strong & qualified, intelligent, decent, democracy loving, American patriot who is an effective Democratic rep.
I don't really know much about Hakeem Jeffries, but if he is all the things you mention above then you know for a fact that the Trumpists will hate him. They have long since rejected anyone who is intelligent or decent, in favor of whackjobs like Marjorie Taylor Green.

What they haven't figured out just yet is that folks like Green represent the continuously shrinking extremist core of a dying Trump movement. We have a few dozen of them here on P&OC that flood this forum, and they may post a lot of irrational jabber, but the reality is that Republican constituents overall are swinging back to the center.

The Dobbs decision is only one of the reasons. Now that the right-wing SCOTUS has their eye on decimating the Voting Rights Act, as well as preparing their arguments to overturn same-sex marriage and the right to contraception, people are finally waking up to the fact that elections have unintended consequences.

It's ironic in a way - the far Right politicians that worked so hard to get these activist justices on the court are the ones that are going to pay the price here in 2022 and in 2024. After all, the Justices couldn't care less about the effect of their decisions on the political careers of those that brought them to SCOTUS. They are guaranteed a job for life.

Old 10-05-2022, 07:12 AM

1,718 posts, read 1,055,145 times
Every time I hear five thirty eight... I recall how wrong they have been in the past. Lol

It seems like a feel good site for the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections