Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2022, 07:40 AM

13,278 posts, read 7,316,697 times

Advertisements

AP news finds J.R. Majewski republican candidate for northwestern Ohio congressional seat claimed that he was in "Tough" conditions while serving in Afghanistan. He was in the Airforce so it's unlikely he could claim he was in actual combat. This AP news report below is lot more likely run for office the truth will come out eventually he should have learned this from John Kerry.

Military documents obtained by The Associated Press through a public records request tell a different story.

They indicate Majewski never deployed to Afghanistan but instead completed a six-month stint helping to load planes at an air base in Qatar, a longtime U.S. ally that is a safe distance from the fighting.

Majewski’s account of his time in the military is just one aspect of his biography that is suspect. His post-military career has been defined by exaggerations, conspiracy theories, talk of violent action against the U.S. government and occasional financial duress.

https://apnews.com/article/2022-midt...32bd1c46711999

Now he has confirmed the report by saying, "In a friendly interview with NewsMax he insisted that yes, he had “set foot” in Afghanistan. He went on to describe his service and effectively confirmed the AP’s reporting". "“Myself and other airmen deployed to Qatar,” he said. “That was where CENTCOM was, that was our staging base and we deployed from there all throughout the area of responsibility. We’re the people who gave supplies to the front line. We’re the people that transported the fighters to the front line."

https://ohiocapitaljournal.com/2022/...litary-record/

He now claims his combat service was because of this. "Although working from an airbase more than 1,200 miles from Afghanistan’s Bagram Airfield seems far from “combat” to a lay person, it actually counts under federal law. As the AP noted, because of an executive order signed by George H.W. Bush, support bases are considered combat zones."

This sounds lot like a case of "Stolen Valor" Another failure of Trump endorsements because Trump had to find the ones who would continue to claim 2020 was a rigged election. This is the type of person you get when you require a tinfoil hat to he worn.

Not surprising that polls show Majewski losing by +5 against his democrat appoint even with a republican funded poll is used.

Last edited by kell490; 09-29-2022 at 08:29 AM..

Old 10-01-2022, 04:57 PM

5,997 posts, read 3,734,817 times
It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that this idiot would embellish a non-existent military service. He was doing what all good Republican politicians do: he was trying to appeal to his good ol boy, misogynistic base by touting his manliness. The Republican base eat that up like candy and these idiots know this.

I think it's beyond funny that he got called out on it. When the story broke I shared it profusely. I want people to know just who it is in the GOP camp. They have gone from radical conservatism straight into fascism. It's vital that we stop them or they will destroy everything we love about the US.

Old 10-01-2022, 05:20 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Reminds me of Senator Richard Blumenthal (D), who lied for years about serving in Vietnam. How do you feel about him, “non-partisan” Kelly (Bundy)?

Old 10-01-2022, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Reminds me of Senator Richard Blumenthal (D), who lied for years about serving in Vietnam. How do you feel about him, “non-partisan” Kelly (Bundy)?
I could care less about him my only fun is watching Trump endorsed candidates lose.

Old 10-01-2022, 10:50 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I could care less about him my only fun is watching Trump endorsed candidates lose.
Right, because you’re just a sad person.

Old 10-02-2022, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Right, because you’re just a sad person.
How am I sad just because I don't send money to political campaigns and support morons Trump endorsed. I only highlighting how moronic candidates like Majewski are. Maybe if republicans would back quality candidates they get more votes. If it bothers you don't reply to the thread.

Old 10-02-2022, 07:03 AM

2,921 posts, read 1,986,113 times
You started this thread six days after J.R. Majewski held a press conference explaining what he did in the military, including helping deliver supplies to bases in Afghanistan, not just loading them up in Qatar, yet you decided not to include the presser in your original post. And by reading your following posts it's obvious you are a Democrat or at least anti-Republican party.

As J.R. said in his presser his DD-214 shows many of the places he served as classified and the AP knew that yet lied and said he only served in Qatar. J.R. asked them not to show his military record (DD-214) in their story because it's personal & also sent them pictures of him in Afghanistan. They included his DD-214 anyway and ignored the photos he sent. The AP, in case anyone here doesn't know, is very left-leaning in their reporting. The report came out right before military absentee ballots were sent out, so J.R. believes the report was intentionally timed.

His press conference on 9/23: https://www.cleveland19.com/2022/09/...itary-service/

This was not a case of stolen valor, that's ridiculous. Ironically, many people who never served are the ones claiming that. I served and will stand up for a fellow veteran.

Another irony is his opponent, Marcy Kaptur, who has been in D.C. since the early '80s, is not a supporter of our veterans the way she's trying to claim now. I know that from personal experience and have heard stories from others who also contacted her office for one veteran issue or another. She's more than happy to vote to send tens of billions of dollars to the Ukraine, but contacting her about Navy veterans being cheated out of their education benefits (on multiple occasions) returned nothing but a form letter letting me know how much she appreciated veterans.

J.R. Majewski served the country honorably during wartime, Marcy Kaptur as a Congresswoman has served mostly her own ego and D.C. lifestyle as part of the establishment. People who believe politicians serve too long and that there should be term limits have an opportunity to end her career, and we should. She happens to be my Congresswoman and I'll be voting for J.R., an actual patriot who served in the military during wartime.

Old 10-02-2022, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
You started this thread six days after J.R. Majewski held a press conference explaining what he did in the military, including helping deliver supplies to bases in Afghanistan, not just loading them up in Qatar, yet you decided not to include the presser in your original post. And by reading your following posts it's obvious you are a Democrat or at least anti-Republican party.

As J.R. said in his presser his DD-214 shows many of the places he served as classified and the AP knew that yet lied and said he only served in Qatar. J.R. asked them not to show his military record (DD-214) in their story because it's personal & also sent them pictures of him in Afghanistan. They included his DD-214 anyway and ignored the photos he sent. The AP, in case anyone here doesn't know, is very left-leaning in their reporting. The report came out right before military absentee ballots were sent out, so J.R. believes the report was intentionally timed.

His press conference on 9/23: https://www.cleveland19.com/2022/09/...itary-service/

This was not a case of stolen valor, that's ridiculous. Ironically, many people who never served are the ones claiming that. I served and will stand up for a fellow veteran.

Another irony is his opponent, Marcy Kaptur, who has been in D.C. since the early '80s, is not a supporter of our veterans the way she's trying to claim now. I know that from personal experience and have heard stories from others who also contacted her office for one veteran issue or another. She's more than happy to vote to send tens of billions of dollars to the Ukraine, but contacting her about Navy veterans being cheated out of their education benefits (on multiple occasions) returned nothing but a form letter letting me know how much she appreciated veterans.

J.R. Majewski served the country honorably during wartime, Marcy Kaptur as a Congresswoman has served mostly her own ego and D.C. lifestyle as part of the establishment. People who believe politicians serve too long and that there should be term limits have an opportunity to end her career, and we should. She happens to be my Congresswoman and I'll be voting for J.R., an actual patriot who served in the military during wartime.
The mans first response to this was that his action in Qatar loading aircraft with supplies is defined under federal law as being in combat in Afghanistan. I will go with his first response to what he said not his later polished press conference. I don't even know who is running against him or care.

Old 10-02-2022, 11:29 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
So distorting military service is OK for Democrats?

Old 10-03-2022, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
So distorting military service is OK for Democrats?
I'm only pointing out facts that were reported he embellished his military service while running for office. What others do I would report if I cared I only care that candidates who wear tinfoil hats make wild claims about our election process be called out. Your welcome to start a thread on others who do the same if you wish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections