Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2022, 07:45 AM

748 posts, read 339,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Voting for Warnock is voting for Biden and Schumer. I have confidence Georgia voters will get it right as long as the Democrats don’t get away with rigging the election again.

What rigging and please show the court case or related official documentation that showed that there was "rIgGiNg."

Old 10-16-2022, 07:59 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_c55 View Post
It's obvious to most people, who aren't blind partisans. I shouldn't have to explain it. I get it, you don't view candidates as people and just as party voting machines that happen to be a person.Rolls eyes again, indeed.

So you vote personality above policies or record? That explains your posts.

Quote:
I commented that Walker is a terrible candidate because he is. Mitch and GOP leadership know it.
My comment wasn't about Warnock so drop the straw men and script.

So your opinion is based on Mitch that you ignore the huge part that Mitch says Warnock is a bad Senator and voting for Biden 96% of the time is bad for the country. I guess you forgot that part when you bring Mitch. That is call being very selective but then again you are an "independent" bystander here.

Quote:
I'm not speaking for you. You already stated that you just want a pulse that will do the party's bidding and that a "candidate" is all but irrelevant. You are voting for the letter.
Wrong again! You have 2 choices: Vote for Biden's agenda 96% of the time or not. If you think voting for Biden 96% of the time is good then Warnock is your guy. If you don't then Walker is your best choice. Simple. If you go by "personality" then might as well stay home and bite the bullet.

Quote:
Abortions late in pregnancy are not for convenience. I see that you are trying to shift in a weird reverse "up til birth" to just abortion in general goal post here, but abortions late in a pregnancy are not for convenience. I'm not ignoring the exemptions that many Republicans want to remove.
Gov. Brian Kemp signed Georgia's "heartbeat bill" which Walker supports by democratic legislation. What's the problem? It has exemptions. Is Kemp a bad candidate also?

Georgia has a GOP Governor, Majority GOP in the Georgia Senate, and majority GOP in the state legislative branch. What's the problem?

Old 10-16-2022, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post

I didn't say anything about voting "personality above policies." I said that he's a terrible candidate and Mitch agrees.

Given that you are blind partisan, yeah, I can see why you're confused and that explains your posts.

Quote:
So your opinion is based on Mitch that you ignore the huge part that Mitch says Warnock is a bad Senator and voting for Biden 96% of the time is bad for the country. I guess you forgot that part when you bring Mitch. That is call being very selective but then again you are an "independent" bystander here.
I never said that my opinion is based on Mitch, but it's fascinating that you endlessly pivot away from Walker and puke the same talking points.

Quote:

That is call being very selective but then again you are an "independent" bystander here.

Quote:
Wrong again! You have 2 choices: Vote for Biden's agenda 96% of the time or not. If you think voting for Biden 96% of the time is good then Warnock is your guy. If you don't then Walker is your best choice. Simple. If you go by "personality" then might as well stay home and bite the bullet.
See above. As a blind partisan, you don't want to hear about Walker. I simply called him a bad candidate and even Republicans agree. It's ok to say that you don't care. You just don't want to admit it.

Instead you deflect and lash out that others who don't care about party.

Quote:
Gov. Brian Kemp signed Georgia's "heartbeat bill" which Walker supports by democratic legislation. What's the problem? It has exemptions. Is Kemp a bad candidate also?

Georgia has a GOP Governor, Majority GOP in the Georgia Senate, and majority GOP in the state legislative branch. What's the problem?

Republicans even after the court decision this summer have come out in favor of bills with no exceptions and even Federal bans and also charging women with murder. This is not what the country wants.

Even deep red Kansas rebuked this craziness.

Old 10-16-2022, 08:44 AM

Quote:
I didn't say anything about voting "personality above policies." I said that he's a terrible candidate and Mitch agrees.

Mitch also agrees that Warnock is a bad candidate that votes for Biden's awful policies but you forgot to mention that in your monologue. I wonder why?

Quote:
Given that you are blind partisan, yeah, I can see why you're confused and that explains your posts..
and you are an "independent" neutral bystander here just calling strikes and balls.

Quote:
I never said that my opinion is based on Mitch, but it's fascinating that you endlessly pivot away from Walker and puke the same talking points.
You open the can of worms. You brought up Mitch. Is it fair to quote what he feels also about Warnock or your "independent" and "neutral" and "impartial mind will be selective and just go after Walker?

Quote:
See above. As a blind partisan, you don't want to hear about Walker. I simply called him a bad candidate and even Republicans agree. It's ok to say that you don't care. You just don't want to admit it.
Instead you deflect and lash out that others who don't care about party.
It's call a forum and different opinions. You can say whatever your 1 sided opinion feels. Who is "lashing" at you?

Quote:
Republicans even after the court decision this summer have come out in favor of bills with no exceptions and even Federal bans and also charging women with murder. This is not what the country wants.Even deep red Kansas rebuked this craziness.

Yes, Kansas democratically decided this and it's still a GOP state. Georgia will decide this on the ballot and by the looks of it, Kemp will be re-elected, they will still have a solid majority in the state Senate and Legislative branch. I guess Georgia is "crazy".

Old 10-17-2022, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Mitch also agrees that Warnock is a bad candidate that votes for Biden's awful policies but you forgot to mention that in your monologue. I wonder why?
Quote:
and You open the can of worms. You brought up Mitch. Is it fair to quote what he feels also about Warnock or your "independent" and "neutral" and "impartial mind will be selective and just go after Walker?
I commented that Walker is a bad candidate. Most people agree, including the GOP Senate leader.
The GOP leadership views every Democrat as a bad candidate and Dem leadership views every Republican as a bad candidate. That’s not unusual.

Quote:
and you are an "independent" neutral bystander here just calling strikes and balls.
I don’t belong to a party and don’t like party politics. That doesn’t mean that I don’t have opinions of candidates. It’s a weird take (or another straw man) that one who isn’t in a party is some sort of neutral player.

Quote:
It's call a forum and different opinions. You can say whatever your 1 sided opinion feels. Who is "lashing" at you?
So you’re back to straw men. I never said anything about not having opinions or that this isn’t forum.
It’s a fascinating and silly use of projection to call me one sided when I am the one with an open mind and have voted for people in different parties, where you refuse to because you want one sided purity.

Quote:
Yes, Kansas democratically decided this and it's still a GOP state. Georgia will decide this on the ballot and by the looks of it, Kemp will be re-elected, they will still have a solid majority in the state Senate and Legislative branch. I guess Georgia is "crazy".
You missed the point or you are deliberately deflecting from it. My point is that the national consensus has no interest in the GOP’s abortion policies – so much so that even deep red Kansas voted against it.
Yet, the GOP is talking about bills with no exceptions, Federal bans and punishing women.

Rolls eyes indeed.

Old 10-17-2022, 08:26 AM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Walker isn’t a talker but held his own. That’s a win. Pretty good zinger on Warnock regarding abortion. Plus Walker actually answered questions whereas Warnock constantly dodged questions. This debate helps Walker.
Looks like a writer at the New York Times of all places agrees with me:

Quote:
Herschel Walker did himself significant good in Friday night’s debate in Georgia. That may be hard to recognize and even harder to accept, given his occasional struggles to get his words out, his passing acquaintance with policy details, his glancing relationship with the truth. But his performance serves as an important reminder to Democrats who’ve taken such heart from — and found such hope in — the blemishes and blunders of Republican candidates in crucial races: Being flawed and being doomed are very different things.
Quote:
That’s when early voting begins, and if you thought Walker’s candidacy had already ended, the debate challenged that assessment. It’s not because he dazzled but because he showed up, wearing his team’s colors and making his team’s case and not getting any fresh muck on the uniform. In an era this partisan, amid this much economic anxiety, with a Democratic president whose approval rating remains stubbornly low, that may be more than enough.
Link: https://dnyuz.com/2022/10/16/why-her...alker-may-win/

Old 10-17-2022, 08:28 AM

Quote:
I commented that Walker is a bad candidate. Most people agree, including the GOP Senate leader.
The GOP leadership views every Democrat as a bad candidate and Dem leadership views every Republican as a bad candidate. That’s not unusual.

Yes, you said that many times. Both are bad candidates but you only call out Walker and now you speak for "most" people.

Quote:
I don’t belong to a party and don’t like party politics. That doesn’t mean that I don’t have opinions of candidates. It’s a weird take (or another straw man) that one who isn’t in a party is some sort of neutral player.

Of course you are a neutral player.

Quote:
So you’re back to straw men. I never said anything about not having opinions or that this isn’t forum.
It’s a fascinating and silly use of projection to call me one sided when I am the one with an open mind and have voted for people in different parties, where you refuse to because you want one sided purity.
You accused me of "lashing" at you. Who is lashing at you? Now you label yourself as the "open minded" in this topic. Your opinions are 1 sided in this topic and you refuse to admit it. It's a free country and everybody has their opinion but stop with the B.S. that your opinion is the authority or consensus.

Quote:
You missed the point or you are deliberately deflecting from it. My point is that the national consensus has no interest in the GOP’s abortion policies – so much so that even deep red Kansas voted against it.Yet, the GOP is talking about bills with no exceptions, Federal bans and punishing women.
The GOP is punishing women? Yeah, and you call yourself "neutral" and "open minded" and now speak for the millions of people in the country. You "neutral" bystander. Thanks for the laugh.

I got your point. The whole forum got your point. It's 1 opinion. Your opinion is not national consensus. If it was, every state would be pro abortions on demand with no restrictions and your side of pro abortions would have the votes to pass a constitutional amendment but you don't. So stop with the b.s. that you speak for the majority of Americans on abortions and what type of regulations is accepted. You don't.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 10-17-2022 at 08:40 AM..

Old 10-17-2022, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Yes, you said that many times. Both are bad candidates but you only call out Walker and now you speak for "most" people.
Nope. I speak for me, but your latest straw man is noted.

Quote:
Of course you are a neutral player.
I’m not in a party. What a weird take. People not in parties are not some sort of political Switzerland. Oof.

Quote:
You accused me of "lashing" at you. Who is lashing at you? Now you label yourself as the "open minded" in this topic. Your opinions are 1 sided in this topic and you refuse to admit it. It's a free country and everybody has their opinion but stop with the B.S. that your opinion is the authority or consensus.
Either you struggle with reading or you are being deliberately disingenuous.

Which is it?

I didn’t accuse you of “lashing” at me. I said that you are not open minded and you accused me of not being open minded, when I’m the one not in a party and who has voted for candidates of different parties.
…and of course you throw in another straw man.

Quote:
The GOP is punishing women? Yeah, and you call yourself "neutral" and "open minded" and now speak for the millions of people in the country. You "neutral" bystander. Thanks for the laugh.
Again with the straw men. I never said that I was neutral. It’s truly weird that you think that people not in parties don’t have opinions or views. Yes, there have been Republicans who have stated that women who have abortions should be criminally charged.

Yes, consistent polling and elections like the one in KS show that a majority of the country rejects the the Supreme Court ruling on abortion, yet most of the GOP is dug in on it.

Quote:
I got your point. The whole forum got your point. It's 1 opinion. Your opinion is not national consensus.
…and yet another straw man.
Quote:
If it was, every state would be pro abortions on demand with no restrictions and your side of pro abortions would have the votes to pass a constitutional amendment but you don't. So stop with the b.s. that you speak for the majority of Americans on abortions and what type of regulations is accepted. You don't.
[/b]
There you go again with “abortion on demand” instead of the topic at hand and juvenile straw men like “your side of pro abortions.”
BS indeed – and I never spoke for anyone else. I simply have commented regarding broader views.
Just say that you want some arbitrary extremist law dictating medical procedures including when it comes to saving the life of the mother rather than medical consensus and best practices.

Old 10-17-2022, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Nope. I speak for me, but your latest straw man is noted.

Now you change. Before you said you speak for the majority of the people. Funny.

Quote:
I’m not in a party. What a weird take. People not in parties are not some sort of political Switzerland. Oof.

Neither am I.

Quote:
Either you struggle with reading or you are being deliberately disingenuous. I didn’t accuse you of “lashing” at me. I said that you are not open minded and you accused me of not being open minded, when I’m the one not in a party and who has voted for candidates of different parties.
…and of course you throw in another straw man.

So I'm not "open minded" because I disagree with your opinion? 1 opinion?

Quote:
Yes, consistent polling and elections like the one in KS show that a majority of the country rejects the the Supreme Court ruling on abortion, yet most of the GOP is dug in on it.

If you are correct, then judges didn't need to make up new law in 1973 with Roe and passed a constitutional amendment by democracy but the fact is your side doesn't have the votes. So that kills your opinion of "the majority of people" or "polls".

Your opinion is that, an opinion that can't be back up in a democracy by actual people and votes. If you say the majority of the country rejects the Supreme Court ruling on abortion then pass a constitutional amendment to make abortions on demand a constitutional right but you can't because you don't have a majority. You can't do it federal or by every state since your side doesn't have the votes.

Quote:
…and yet another straw man.
You love that word. You throw that word a lot for anybody with a different opinion than yours.

Old 10-17-2022, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Now you change. Before you said you speak for the majority of the people. Funny.
Nope. I never said that.
Quote:
Neither am I.
Riiiight

Quote:
So I'm not "open minded" because I disagree with your opinion? 1 opinion?
Seriously, wow. You ignore my comment and insert another straw man.

Quote:
If you are correct, then judges didn't need to make up new law in 1973 with Roe and passed a constitutional amendment by democracy but the fact is your side doesn't have the votes. So that kills your opinion of "the majority of people" or "polls".
That makes no sense.

Quote:
Your opinion is that, an opinion that can't be back up in a democracy by actual people and votes. If you say the majority of the country rejects the Supreme Court ruling on abortion then pass a constitutional amendment to make abortions on demand a constitutional right but you can't because you don't have a majority. You can't do it federal or by every state since your side doesn't have the votes.
Who says that a Constitutional amendment is needed? You keep saying “abortion on demand.” You are not discussing this in good faith.
Quote:
You love that word. You throw that word a lot for anybody with a different opinion than yours.
Nope. I don’t have any feelings towards the term. It’s the term that accurately reflects your way of commenting.
Ironically you did again in your last sentence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections