Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2022, 06:06 PM

30,169 posts, read 11,803,456 times

Advertisements

This is pretty lame. Mehmet has a staged encounter with a black woman on his payroll to connect to the black vote. Unforced errors are never good.

Mehmet Oz Campaign Misled Reporters About His Emotional Encounter With a Black Voter

In a phone interview on Thursday, Ryan Collerd, the freelance photojournalist who took the photograph of Oz comforting Armstrong on assignment for the AP, told me that he had no idea that she was affiliated with the campaign until I called him. “She was not presented, in my recollection, as anything other than a grieving family member,” Collerd said.

Armstrong and the Oz campaign’s communications director, Brittany Yanick, did not respond to questions about whether the campaign deliberately withheld her role with the campaign from journalists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2022, 06:49 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Ignoring all that, do you really think that Dr. Oz would be a 'good' United States Senator?

He seems to be a charlatan.

We used to think that a Senator of the United States was an exceptional person. Part of the 'most deliberative body' in the world.

I agree: Fetterman does not meet those standards. Yet, at least he is from Pennsylvania.

The US Senate is going to crap.

Old 10-16-2022, 06:54 PM

6,105 posts, read 2,727,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
This is pretty lame. Mehmet has a staged encounter with a black woman on his payroll to connect to the black vote. Unforced errors are never good.

Mehmet Oz Campaign Misled Reporters About His Emotional Encounter With a Black Voter

In a phone interview on Thursday, Ryan Collerd, the freelance photojournalist who took the photograph of Oz comforting Armstrong on assignment for the AP, told me that he had no idea that she was affiliated with the campaign until I called him. “She was not presented, in my recollection, as anything other than a grieving family member,” Collerd said.

Armstrong and the Oz campaign’s communications director, Brittany Yanick, did not respond to questions about whether the campaign deliberately withheld her role with the campaign from journalists.
I read about that the other day. He will do anything for a photo op.

Old 10-16-2022, 07:11 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
The title of the article is certainly misleading, especially with “it appears”, that the Oz campaign misled reporters who attended the invitation-only discussion where she was a featured speaker by failing to disclose her affiliation with the campaign. None of the local news reports on the event that were published last month informed the public that Armstrong worked for the Oz campaign.

Armstrong suffered the tragedy, she’s an aide for Oz, and the commercial told her story. Certainly better than chasing an innocent black man with a shotgun and vandalizing a black owned business like his opponent.

Looking forward to hearing more from it.

Old 10-16-2022, 08:03 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Ignoring all that, do you really think that Dr. Oz would be a 'good' United States Senator. He seems to be a charlatan.
We used to think that a Senator of the United States was an exceptional person. Part of the 'most deliberative body' in the world.
I agree: Fetterman does not meet those standards. Yet, at least he is from Pennsylvania.

The US Senate is going to crap.

Oz looks normal next to that Baby Huey bouncer from a cheap strip club. He was already dumb before the stroke, now he is just punch drunk. Oz would at least read the bills and communicate with the other 99 Senators before voting. With Fetterman We know he ain't running that brain by himself.

Is not even on the same ballpark comparison. Regardless how Democrats wants it to be.

Old 10-16-2022, 08:08 PM

30,169 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Oz looks normal next to that Baby Huey bouncer from a cheap strip club. He was already dumb before the stroke, now he is just punch drunk. Oz would at least read the bills and communicate with the other 99 Senators before voting. With Fetterman We know he ain't running that brain by himself.

Is not even on the same ballpark comparison. Regardless how Democrats wants it to be.
No need to make fun of a stroke victim. My dad was a stroke victim. Not ok at all.

That being said a chimp could be a senator. They have a staff that handles everything. When it comes to actually voting. You look at what your party is going to do and vote with them. Biden managed decades being a total tool.

Michael Jackson's chimp Bubbles is still alive. Let him run for senate. There is nothing in rules that says a human has to run. Bubbles is 39. Write him in, in PA!!!

Old 10-16-2022, 08:24 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
No need to make fun of a stroke victim. My dad was a stroke victim. Not ok at all.

That being said a chimp could be a senator. They have a staff that handles everything. When it comes to actually voting. You look at what your party is going to do and vote with them. Biden managed decades being a total tool.

Michael Jackson's chimp Bubbles is still alive. Let him run for senate. There is nothing in rules that says a human has to run. Bubbles is 39. Write him in, in PA!!!

I'm not making fun of stroke victims. I'm making fun of him and his arrogance and not recognizing his limitations for power. Unless you want to make him the spokesperson for every stroke victim.

Old 10-16-2022, 08:29 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
I'm not making fun of stroke victims. I'm making fun of him and his arrogance and not recognizing his limitations. Unless you want to make him the spokesperson for every stroke victim.
Don’t forget those that would vote for him and his limits due to his stroke. Such great stuff, lol

Old 10-16-2022, 08:40 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
He seems to be a charlatan.
Indeed.

Old 10-16-2022, 09:30 PM

6,105 posts, read 2,727,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Indeed.
When he's not killing puppies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections