Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2022, 12:16 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I know you didn't mean this literally, but you are literally accurate.

Val happens to be fairly dark skinned naturally and she rides motorcycles, runs marathons and has been spending a lot of time on the campaign trail in the hot FL sun apparently without benefit of enough sun screen or hats because there are times she is far closer to literally black than brown.

Look at Rubios ads and its clear they used the darkest version of her they could find because they know the base they are pandering to.

It's so obvious it's pathetic.
So you're looking at various pictures of a person, and comparing how her dark her skin is in each picture? Yet you're not the one who is obsessed with race? That sounds like more of that projection. So should Rubio's campaign managers look for the lightest-skinned pictures that they can find? How about some medium-toned ones? All in the interest of not caring about race, of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2022, 12:21 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,444,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol. Proof that it isn’t? It’s almost 4 months.
Sad that anyone should have to explain that to an adult man. Just one more example for why male politicians should have nothing to do with legislating womens reproduction.

But, maybe your google is broken.

Here you go.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=how%20...&ghacc=0&ghpl=

Old 10-23-2022, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
So you're looking at various pictures of a person, and comparing how her dark her skin is in each picture? Yet you're not the one who is obsessed with race? That sounds like more of that projection. So should Rubio's campaign managers look for the lightest-skinned pictures that they can find? How about some medium-toned ones? All in the interest of not caring about race, of course.
Nope.

I noticed immediately from Rubio's first ad that whomever produced the ads was trying to paint her both literally and figuratively as an "angry black woman".....very black.

The goal being to make her scary looking to white people while also calling her a radical. LOL. As if any sane person could believe that a person with a 30 year career in LE married to a former sheriff and police chief could be a radical.

This is nothing new. Media lightens or darkens black skin all the time in order to make them more or less appealing to their targeted audience.

There is no projection on my part. I picked up on the message they wanted to send. The difference is I know the message was directed at their racist base so my reaction was to confirm my suspicions. The racist who picked up on their message is just scared of her like they want them to be.

White southerners are raised on the big black bogeyman stereotype. Now that black women have power, politicians have to redefine them from good people who racists may have accepted as domestic help to angry black women.

The really sad thing is that someone on Rubio's staff sat around and said find me the blackest pics of her you can find and Rubio approved it.

Old 10-23-2022, 12:45 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Sad that anyone should have to explain that to an adult man. Just one more example for why male politicians should have nothing to do with legislating womens reproduction.

But, maybe your google is broken.

Here you go.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=how%20...&ghacc=0&ghpl=
This is a great reason to call or see a doctor.

“I hadn’t had a period for about five of those months. I did have slight spotting, but it wasn’t like a full-blown period, so in my head I was like, This is a period, so it’s fine.”

So you promote abortion after the baby is born?

Old 10-23-2022, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
This is a great reason to call or see a doctor.

“I hadn’t had a period for about five of those months. I did have slight spotting, but it wasn’t like a full-blown period, so in my head I was like, This is a period, so it’s fine.”

So you promote abortion after the baby is born?
We're talking about a middle school girl. I don't know any girls that age who make their own doctors appts or drive themselves to see a doctor.

There is no such thing as abortion after birth. WTH are you talking about.

Old 10-23-2022, 01:07 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
We're talking about a middle school girl. I don't know any girls that age who make their own doctors appts or drive themselves to see a doctor.

There is no such thing as abortion after birth. WTH are you talking about.
Quite the deflection, and since that’s the case, they’d never go for an abortion anyway.

The woman in the provided link supposedly didn’t know they were pregnant until they had birth. By your claims, shouldn’t they be able to decide what to do with the baby right before or after it’s born?

Old 10-23-2022, 02:44 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,121 times
Quote:
Nope.

I noticed immediately from Rubio's first ad that whomever produced the ads was trying to paint her both literally and figuratively as an "angry black woman".....very black.

The goal being to make her scary looking to white people while also calling her a radical. LOL. As if any sane person could believe that a person with a 30 year career in LE married to a former sheriff and police chief could be a radical.

This is nothing new. Media lightens or darkens black skin all the time in order to make them more or less appealing to their targeted audience.

There is no projection on my part. I picked up on the message they wanted to send. The difference is I know the message was directed at their racist base so my reaction was to confirm my suspicions. The racist who picked up on their message is just scared of her like they want them to be.

White southerners are raised on the big black bogeyman stereotype. Now that black women have power, politicians have to redefine them from good people who racists may have accepted as domestic help to angry black women.

The really sad thing is that someone on Rubio's staff sat around and said find me the blackest pics of her you can find and Rubio approved it.
Answer my questions, then. Should Rubio's campaign have searched out the lightest-toned pictures that they could find? Or something more in-between? And how do you know that someone on Rubio's staff said "find me the blackest pics of her you can find?" Were you in the room when this happened? Or are you just making things up based on your own race-obsessed worldview?

Last edited by fat lou; 10-23-2022 at 02:58 PM..

Old 10-23-2022, 04:44 PM

17,391 posts, read 16,540,182 times
Bottom line is this election is not going to be won or lost on the abortion issue. DeSantis is a strong and well regarded governor who is going to be reelected and Republican candidates will be riding a red wave right along with DeSantis.

The economy is what is weighing heavily on people's minds these days. Gas, food and housing prices are insane and the Democrats are going to take a beating this November. Demings sounded unprepared and negative to me. She flat out lost that debate. Rubio will win.

Old 10-23-2022, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Bottom line is this election is not going to be won or lost on the abortion issue. DeSantis is a strong and well regarded governor who is going to be reelected and Republican candidates will be riding a red wave right along with DeSantis.

The economy is what is weighing heavily on people's minds these days. Gas, food and housing prices are insane and the Democrats are going to take a beating this November. Demings sounded unprepared and negative to me. She flat out lost that debate. Rubio will win.
Sure that's why Rubio was mopping the sweat off his face lol.

Old 10-23-2022, 06:12 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
More than any other year I am very much looking forward to Election Day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections