Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2022, 08:54 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times

Advertisements

Love seeing those numbers and love spending a lot of time in Florida every year. DeSantis is so refreshing compared to the clown Governor we have in PA, hence folks have left the state in droves these last few years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2022, 09:16 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Add Maryland to that list, I've had that conversation many times.

I imagine similar conversations have been had with people who moved here from IL, NJ, MA, MI, CA, and all the other blue state hellholes.
There are also many people leaving Florida because they see themselves doing better in other states.

Old 10-21-2022, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
https://www.islandernews.com/lifesty...232e9d6d0.html

Over 330k have moved to Florida from 2020-2021 and 845/day predicted moving there till 2025.

How many people are leaving Florida due to seeing themselves doing better in other states?
I know several people who left Florida because they said it was expensive. I know some people who left Florida because they hate the heat.

Most of those moving TO Florida are coming from the Northeast. Florida is cheaper than where they came from. However, I know several people who got priced out of Florida.

Old 10-21-2022, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I know several people who left Florida because they said it was expensive. I know some people who left Florida because they hate the heat.

Most of those moving TO Florida are coming from the Northeast. Florida is cheaper than where they came from. However, I know several people who got priced out of Florida.
So you have no numbers to support your claim, just that you know several people who have left

You obviously ignored the article. Folks have been leaving the Northeast for decades for Florida, except nowhere near the numbers compared to what it’s seen the last few due to how Dem Governors handled the pandemic

“ The website move.org reported that Florida was the No. 1 destination for relocating Americans in 2020. The website used internal metrics, U.S. Census Bureau data, and a Pollfish survey of 700 U.S. adults to determine each state’s popularity.

And according to U-Haul, the state was the third most popular place to move during Covid, based on migration stats compiled from more than two million customer transactions.”

“And for those wondering when the migration will slow down, Florida’s popularity isn’t expected to end any time soon: it’s expected to gain an average 845 new residents a day until 2025, according to state projections.”

More residents are leaving PA than almost any other state, data shows

https://www.wtaj.com/news/local-news...ata-shows/amp/

Folks have gotten priced out of Florida due to skyrocketing home prices due to so many moving there.

Old 10-21-2022, 09:53 PM

Quote:
So you have no numbers to support your claim, just that you know several people who have left

You obviously ignored the article. Folks have been leaving the Northeast for decades for Florida, except nowhere near the numbers compared to what it’s seen the last few due to how Dem Governors handled the pandemic

“ The website move.org reported that Florida was the No. 1 destination for relocating Americans in 2020. The website used internal metrics, U.S. Census Bureau data, and a Pollfish survey of 700 U.S. adults to determine each state’s popularity.

And according to U-Haul, the state was the third most popular place to move during Covid, based on migration stats compiled from more than two million customer transactions.”

“And for those wondering when the migration will slow down, Florida’s popularity isn’t expected to end any time soon: it’s expected to gain an average 845 new residents a day until 2025, according to state projections.”

More residents are leaving PA than almost any other state, data shows

https://www.wtaj.com/news/local-news...ata-shows/amp/

Folks have gotten priced out of Florida due to skyrocketing home prices due to so many moving there.

I know people have been moving to Florida for ages from the Northeast and Midwest. You're not telling me anything new. I just don't care. I'm not interested in living in Florida. I'm not sold on moving to Florida.

For those who like Florida, there are those who don't. I know several people who left Florida and don't plan on living there anymore.

I also think about this article. It's personal for me.
https://themetropole.blog/2021/03/29...ass-and-miami/

Old 10-21-2022, 09:58 PM

Quote:
I know people have been moving to Florida for ages from the Northeast and Midwest. You're not telling me anything new. I just don't care. I'm not interested in living in Florida. I'm not sold on moving to Florida.

For those who like Florida, there are those who don't. I know several people who left Florida and don't plan on living there anymore.

Except nothing you responded with has anything to do with how many people have moved from Florida seeing themselves doing better in another state. You simply don’t have numbers, just your claim of knowing several people that have, and obviously wouldn’t come anywhere close to the amount of folks that have and are moving there.

Old 10-21-2022, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Except nothing you responded with has anything to do with how many people have moved from Florida seeing themselves doing better in another state. You simply don’t have numbers, just your claim of knowing several people that have, and obviously wouldn’t come anywhere close to the amount of folks that have and are moving there.
I wasn't even talking about how many people were leaving Florida. I was talking about how for those moving to Florida, there are those who see their future somewhere else.

Old 10-21-2022, 10:13 PM

17,639 posts, read 6,918,695 times
Quote:

We don’t want you to move to Florida. It’s full.

Old 10-21-2022, 10:15 PM

3,162 posts, read 2,215,339 times
IRS migration data in recent years has indicated there are net outflows from Florida to other Southern states such as Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. These outflows are substantial but much smaller than the inflows Florida gains from Northeast and Midwest states, plus Puerto Rico and other countries. Use the link below for more specifics.

State-to-State IRS Migration Profile

Old 10-21-2022, 10:16 PM

Quote:
I wasn't even talking about how many people were leaving Florida. I was talking about how for those moving to Florida, there are those who see their future somewhere else.
I simply asked how many were leaving in response to the claim you made that folks were leaving Florida seeing themselves doing better in another state
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections