Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2022, 12:56 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Great to hear. Actual numbers trump the claim of knowing several

Florida is already the big thing as seen with incoming population numbers…and never tried to sell you on it.
I'm just annoyed with this whole idea of "Florida is the next greatest thing since sliced bread" stuff. This whole "MAGA paradise", it doesn't resonate with me at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2022, 01:14 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,639,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I know people have been moving to Florida for ages from the Northeast and Midwest. You're not telling me anything new. I just don't care. I'm not interested in living in Florida. I'm not sold on moving to Florida.

For those who like Florida, there are those who don't. I know several people who left Florida and don't plan on living there anymore.

I also think about this article. It's personal for me.
https://themetropole.blog/2021/03/29...ass-and-miami/
Growing up, I spent every summer in Florida. For six years during my teens, I lived there full time. I didn't like it, and I left as soon as I could. The thing I liked the least was the stifling humidity, and that hasn't changed any. But other things, including the political climate, have become much more favorable to me. So I wouldn't necessarily rule out moving back to Florida, but I sure would pick the central or northern parts of it over the southern parts.

And please don't confuse Miami with the rest of Florida. It's like comparing New York City to New York State. They're totally different.

Old 10-22-2022, 01:16 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,639,616 times
Quote:
I'm just annoyed with this whole idea of "Florida is the next greatest thing since sliced bread" stuff. This whole "MAGA paradise", it doesn't resonate with me at all.
Fortunately, you have 49 other states from which to choose. Florida isn't for everyone, but I don't begrudge those who have found their happiness there.

Old 10-22-2022, 01:17 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
The truth is unpopular as folks are moving their in droves, Dem Governors have enabled many to see how great it is with the ridiculous ways they handled the pandemic, dealing with crime, etc…, and assuming all Republicans are MAGA is great stuff.

Then ignore it as it’s simple enough to do as nobody makes you listen to or read about it…or continue to be annoyed by it.

Last edited by erieguy; 10-22-2022 at 01:29 PM..

Old 10-22-2022, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Fortunately, you have 49 other states from which to choose. Florida isn't for everyone, but I don't begrudge those who have found their happiness there.
Bingo…and some folks will simply never be happy and find faults with most anywhere and continue to dwell on it…and they can’t just ignore or look away at what bothers them.

Last edited by erieguy; 10-22-2022 at 01:30 PM..

Old 10-22-2022, 01:31 PM

25,744 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
...and, not everyone in Florida is a Trump-MAGA fanatic either. I'd guess ~1/3rd of Floridians are still big MAGA-Trump fans now. Most of them are in SW Florida, the Panhandle, along the Bible belt of I-4, & in rural areas. Bikers & Boaters are big Trump-MAGA fans too.

I'm part Libertarian part Conservative, who likes the idea of making America great again, but am no longer a fan of Trump's...due to him signing off on Trillions more in deficit spending. Trump's too far left fiscally for me. I hope he rides off into the Sunset, & lets DeSantis take over the movement, but this time w/o the spending, which aligns it more with the Tea Party.

We'll all know soon enough if the FAU polls are right, or not. I think polls are mostly propaganda myself...even when they agree with my opinions.

My opinion is that Florida is now solidly Red, & will continue to slowly drift futher Red, at least until 2024. After that, I have no idea.

I think DeSantis & Rubio will win by comfortable margins.

Old 10-22-2022, 03:28 PM

25,758 posts, read 18,826,754 times
This has really go to be making dominion unhappy and concerned--will their magic wand be enough?

Old 10-22-2022, 03:42 PM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
It’s all about money. If the Dems don’t understand they need to go vote this election, it’s on them. Monday starts early voting. I will do my part, and let the chips fall where they may.

Old 10-22-2022, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
It’s all about money. If the Dems don’t understand they need to go vote this election, it’s on them. Monday starts early voting. I will do my part, and let the chips fall where they may.
Bingo…It’s certainly about money aka Bidenflation, and limiting the power of the clown and stopping the countless debacles that he and the Dems have created before they continue to make more of them and economic situation even worse.

Old 10-22-2022, 03:49 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
It certainly is about money aka Bidenflation, and limiting the power of the clown and stopping the countless debacles that he and the Dems have created.
Apparently tiny likes paying 20% more for everything. That's the only possible explanation for voting Democrat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections