Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2022, 03:57 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Apparently tiny likes paying 20% more for everything. That's the only possible explanation for voting Democrat.
There’s a lot of cutting one’s nose to spite their face folks out there that refuse to admit the consequences of what we’ve seen the last 18 months…and they use because Trump to deflect from it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2022, 04:12 PM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
There’s a lot of cutting one’s nose to spite their face folks out there that refuse to admit the consequences of what we’ve seen the last 18 months…and they use because Trump to deflect from it.
Yup. Fortunately she’s going to be outvoted bigly.

Old 10-23-2022, 11:19 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
The truth is unpopular as folks are moving their in droves, Dem Governors have enabled many to see how great it is with the ridiculous ways they handled the pandemic, dealing with crime, etc…, and assuming all Republicans are MAGA is great stuff.

Then ignore it as it’s simple enough to do as nobody makes you listen to or read about it…or continue to be annoyed by it.
As someone who has voted 3rd party twice, I don't see anything great about MAGA or Trump. I don't see anything great about the Proud Boys. I'm also looking at this from the perspective of what I would personally get out of it.

Old 10-23-2022, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
As someone who has voted 3rd party twice, I don't see anything great about MAGA or Trump. I don't see anything great about the Proud Boys. I'm also looking at this from the perspective of what I would personally get out of it.
Except all Republicans aren’t MAGA or support the Proud Boys.

What does voting 3rd party do for you other than the ability to say don’t blame me I didn’t vote for either of them?

Old 10-23-2022, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Many people leaving Florida are 80+ 'ers who retired to Florida in their 60's, and had an active retirement for 20 years, but now need to live closer to family up North for assistance.

Also, many college students establish residency in Florida to get in-state fees, then after they graduate, they leave to start their careeers because Florida has a narrow-based economy with most jobs in hospitality, food service, construction, ag, or medical. That's what I did, & most college pals I had here. We have a lot of major universities in Florida, so that's Ten of Thousands of 20 something's/year leaving, who would prefer not to. It killed me to leave after I graduated.

When the vast majority people leave Florida is has nothing to do with political polls though, or even politics. Conversely, many do come here partially for the political climate like prior posters here have shared. The "Free State of Florida" was a magnate during Covid, & many stayed, and make up part of thee heavily lean Red poll results.
When I visited South Carolina, I saw alot of Florida license plates. That told me there were alot of people from Florida moving to the Charleston area. Having grown up in the Atlanta area, Florida license plates were quite common there.

I never knew how Florida university tuition works. When I was in high school (and even in college), I never thought to apply to colleges in Florida. I was always looking to states like Colorado, Washington, Minnesota, Iowa, etc. I got into a college in Colorado. I stayed in the state of Georgia and finished my college education there because it was cheaper to stay in the state of Georgia. I sort of regret it, but I still have a college education. My field of expertise isn't in the fields you mentioned. For that reason, I never really applied to many jobs in Florida (the few I did apply to were mostly around Tampa). I don't know many people living in Florida. I know more people who lived in Florida and then moved to cities like Atlanta and Huntsville. Most of the persons I know currently living in Florida include: A club promoter (and ex-musician) and a nurse. Another person living in Florida is a teacher (who grew up in Florida, moved to Georgia, and has since moved back to Florida).

My little sister spend a summer in Orlando. She said it was okay, but she couldn't adjust to the place easily down there. She currently lives in Colorado and she loves it out there. She works for a software company.

Old 10-23-2022, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Except all Republicans aren’t MAGA or support the Proud Boys.

What does voting 3rd party do for you other than the ability to say don’t blame me I didn’t vote for either of them?
I never said all Republicans were MAGA or Proud Boy types. I wasn't even talking about the entire Republican Party. I was talking specifically about MAGA and Proud Boys, not the GOP as a whole.

Well, voting 3rd party would have done no more for me than voting for the losing candidate. If you're candidate loses, it really doesn't matter. I could say that for you, voting for Trump did no good because Biden won.

Old 10-23-2022, 11:37 AM

Quote:
I never said all Republicans were MAGA or Proud Boy types. I wasn't even talking about the entire Republican Party. I was talking specifically about MAGA and Proud Boys, not the GOP as a whole.

Well, voting 3rd party would have done no more for me than voting for the losing candidate. If you're candidate loses, it really doesn't matter. I could say that for you, voting for Trump did no good because Biden won.
Yet you bring up MAGA and the Proud Boys because Trump/MAGA consumes you

Lol. Except because Trump won in 2016 and your 3rd party candidate lost. Your 3rd party candidate did nothing for you other than to say don’t blame me I didn’t vote for either of them and a 3rd party candidate has zero chance of winning.

Old 10-23-2022, 11:51 AM

13,455 posts, read 4,292,364 times
Quote:

To the contrary. It set up the a$$ kicking coming in 2 weeks. You vote for 3rd party candidates and lose and they are never seen again. MAGA are here to stay and it looks many of them will win in 2 weeks.

Old 10-23-2022, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Yet you bring up MAGA and the Proud Boys because Trump/MAGA consumes you

Lol. Except because Trump won in 2016 and your 3rd party candidate lost. Your 3rd party candidate did nothing for you other than to say don’t blame me I didn’t vote for either of them and a 3rd party candidate has zero chance of winning.
Johnson would have done more for me than Trump did. I voted 3rd party because the other two candidates offer me nothing.

I bring up the Proud Boys and MAGA because Florida seems to be a popular place for both. I'm not going to quit until the influence of both subsides.

Old 10-23-2022, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Johnson would have done more for me than Trump did. I voted 3rd party because the other two candidates offer me nothing.

I bring up the Proud Boys and MAGA because Florida seems to be a popular place for both. I'm not going to quit until the influence of both subsides.
Except Johnson had zero chance of winning so he did nothing for you, and thinking he could win wasn’t reality.

Except you said they don’t represent the GOP as a whole, and seems to doesn’t mean anything. You’re simply consumed with because Trump/MAGA. Dems have caused the huge influx of folks to Florida with the way they handled the pandemic, and let’s not forget skyrocketing crime that’s occurred in Lib cities.

Such the crusader, yet the 3rd party candidate will never win and you’ll be saying the same thing for years to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections