Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2022, 07:20 PM

13,748 posts, read 8,009,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Fetterman's side of the debate was painful to watch. He didn't seem to have the mental capacity to understand and answer a good many of the questions. I don't know how much of that is just him or how much of that was his stroke, but come on Democrats. Good grief.

Oz did well.

It's not unlike Hobbs here in AZ. The Fetterman campaign probably believed with enough money and enough attack ads they could overcome anything.

And if Fetterman does win I suspect his wife would replace him at some point. Which is fine by those on the Left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2022, 07:22 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,769,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
This debate sealed the deal with voters on the fence: They'll vote Oz.
Unfortunately many have already voted early, before they could see the train wreck that is Fetterman.

Old 10-25-2022, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
I had to turn this off. Fetterman is an embarrassment. You can't just make things up to make the other guy look bad. Can't believe it but Oz gets my vote.
May I ask, are you a Democrat who has no choice but to vote for Oz after that hot mess?

Old 10-25-2022, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
WOW, Fetterman is a complete train wreck.

Why on Earth would anyone vote for Fetterman?

If you can't vote for Oz, just don't vote at all. A vote for Fetterman is a very dangerous vote.

The main is a disaster and has extremely fringe policy positions on the rare occasions he actually managed to say what they are.
To be fair the man isn't in the best of health but...you're right.

That was one of the worst debate performances I've seen in a long time.

Old 10-25-2022, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
This is one of the worst debates I've ever seen.
It was nothing short of shocking!

We will all know how many complete morons there are in that state on election day. However many vote for Fetterman. MY GOD!!!

Old 10-25-2022, 07:30 PM

18,744 posts, read 7,617,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Well, I couldn't get any of the links to work.

So, for those like me, here's a Youtube I just tuned in to, which appears about to RErun the Oz-Fetterman debate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZpb0xqfi5Q

Fast forward to 8:00 for the actual beginning of the debate. It worked for me, anyway. At last.
I'm watching the rerun. Fetterman is simply repeating the usual Democrat talking points, ducking what Oz said, etc. I guess it will depend on what Oz says, to determine the outcome of the debate. Shouldn't be hard for him.

Old 10-25-2022, 07:30 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,510,160 times
The Pittsburgh post debate analysis is interesting too. One of the commentators said that not only was Fetterman's delivery poor but his overall presence and the way he stood was concerning. Said he seemed very stiff and wooden.

Then...he said something to the effect of, "He looked like a character out of a Halloween movie. Not trying to be mean or anything". (I couldn't believe he said that out loud)

Old 10-25-2022, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately many have already voted early, before they could see the train wreck that is Fetterman.
Yes, but the momentum has already swung in favor of Oz. No question the Fetterman campaign felt a live debate could be a problem but if they waited long enough it might not matter.

The trouble is Fetterman couldn't afford to coast tonight. He needed a good debate.

The race is basically a dead heat and tonight hurt him BIG time.

Old 10-25-2022, 07:35 PM

10,483 posts, read 7,010,515 times
The moderator did a good job with the debate.

Old 10-25-2022, 07:40 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,410,316 times
Quote:
Most of those of the generation before me in my family have texted me today that they already voted early.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections