Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2022, 12:29 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
A screen behind the moderator will show text of everything being said. By the moderator and by both candidates. Why would that even be considered being fed talking points? It's not as if only Fetterman will be reading the questions of the moderator and the answers he and Oz provide in real time as they are spoken. OZ will see and read everything exactly as Fetterman does and at the same time.

where does it say there's a screen behind the moderator showing these texts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2022, 12:31 PM

2,355 posts, read 1,153,390 times
Those closest to guessing the correct number of milligrams of Adderall they put Nosferatu on will win a big prize.

Old 10-25-2022, 12:37 PM

6,995 posts, read 2,711,603 times
Quote:
Hmmmm. This type of cruel, deceitful and ugly MAGA mockery--- although quite expected and predictable from today's Trump owned GOP candidates and their supporters---says so much more about them than the candidate they ignorantly & dishonestly try to disparage.

Deplorable and shameful. Perhaps even more so as, in this case, it originates from the campaign of a TV star doctor turned candidate, who claims that he should be my senator because he has character and leadership qualities learned in medical school. Mocking someone who is recovering from an illness or injury is something I should value? I think not!
The ONLY reason he is still a candidate is that he expects the next governor to appoint his wife to replace him since he prefers being a trust-fund baby that would rather be a layabout.

Old 10-25-2022, 12:39 PM

17,426 posts, read 14,657,652 times
Quote:
A screen behind the moderator will show text of everything being said. By the moderator and by both candidates. Why would that even be considered being fed talking points? It's not as if only Fetterman will be able to read the questions of the moderator and the answers he and Oz provide in real time as they are spoken. OZ will be able to see and read everything exactly as Fetterman does and at the same time.

No. It will not transcribe everything Fetterman says - which is good for Fetterman and his word salad.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elect...man-oz-debate/

Quote:
According to ABC27, the local TV station hosting the debate, real-time captions will transcribe everything the moderators and Oz say, but they will not transcribe Fetterman’s words.

Old 10-25-2022, 12:41 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
I'd rather watch paint dry.

Old 10-25-2022, 12:43 PM

17,391 posts, read 16,540,182 times
I'll be watching this debate. I think that Oz is going to solidly win this debate.

The more I listen to Fetterman talk, the more I really wonder how he ever got elected in the first place.

Old 10-25-2022, 12:45 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,711,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
where does it say there's a screen behind the moderator showing these texts?
The video in this article will SHOW it to you as well as explain it. Don't worry no one is cheating you or your MAGA Republican forced birther, Trump appointed and anointed candidate.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/expla...223537897.html

Old 10-25-2022, 12:46 PM

17,391 posts, read 16,540,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
The ONLY reason he is still a candidate is that he expects the next governor to appoint his wife to replace him since he prefers being a trust-fund baby that would rather be a layabout.
Remember when Dr Jill tried to step in and play Junior President? She was quickly schooled that no one had elected her.

Old 10-25-2022, 12:53 PM

6,995 posts, read 2,711,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Remember when Dr Jill tried to step in and play Junior President? She was quickly schooled that no one had elected her.
... and Hillary's meddling in the healthcare system allowed the GOP to take full control of the Congress in the midterms because "no one elected her" to anything.

Old 10-25-2022, 01:00 PM

18,456 posts, read 8,287,342 times
Quote:
Hmmmm. This type of cruel, deceitful and ugly MAGA mockery--- although quite expected and predictable from today's Trump owned GOP candidates and their supporters---says so much more about them than the candidate they ignorantly & dishonestly try to disparage.

Deplorable and shameful. Perhaps even more so as, in this case, it originates from the campaign of a TV star doctor turned candidate, who claims that he should be my senator because he has character and leadership qualities learned in medical school. Mocking someone who is recovering from an illness or injury is something I should value? I think not!
Fetterman agreed to this.....you have no point
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections