Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2022, 10:40 PM

1,702 posts, read 783,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
The live poll on the local Pittsburgh news station says otherwise. Right now it's 80% for Oz winning the debate.
Nixon “won” the debate against Kennedy… verbally. But, Kennedy looked better.

Fetterman LOOKS more like the working class guy Pennsylvanians vote for. He LOOKS like a “fight for the little guy” old school blue collar progressive that the people up north like. The same for the Joe Manchins and John Testers.

Dr Oz LOOKS like a country club, golf loving, union hating, friend of Mitch McConnell and Mitt Romney. Now, he might be none of these things…. but he just looks rich. And I’m telling you, working class Pennsylvanians won’t break for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2022, 12:16 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
Fetterman LOOKS more like the working class guy Pennsylvanians vote for. He LOOKS like a “fight for the little guy” old school blue collar progressive that the people up north like.
\.

LMAO! He looks like a retarded bar bouncer. Baby Huey. JFK could speak a sentence without sounding punch drunk.

Old 10-26-2022, 12:18 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
You went to a left wing channel. You didn't notice with the liberal host talking in between? Most of the reviews I read online says Fetterman bombed and that includes many Democrats. Many felt sorry for him and blamed his handlers and wife. This is abuse.

Old 10-26-2022, 01:54 AM

1,702 posts, read 783,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
LMAO! He looks like a retarded bar bouncer. Baby Huey. JFK could speak a sentence without sounding punch drunk.
He looks like the “retard” who could send Oz packing. I guess we’ll see soon enough.

Old 10-26-2022, 02:34 AM

14,776 posts, read 8,115,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar
What a kind thoughtful thing to say. Your empathy is astounding. The man had a stroke. A medical event.
When I hear things like that, it reminds me why I left the Republican party after forty years, and haven't looked back. I would have never signed up if to begin with, if this is what it looked like 40 years ago.

Old 10-26-2022, 06:27 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
And Dems will still vote for him, and proves they’ll pull the D lever no matter who the candidate is. He’s an absolute mess, though many of us already knew it to begin with.

Old 10-26-2022, 06:32 AM

29,824 posts, read 24,917,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
What a kind thoughtful thing to say. Your empathy is astounding. The man had a stroke. A medical event.
When I hear things like that, it reminds me why I left the Republican party after forty years, and haven't looked back. I would have never signed up if to begin with, if this is what it looked like 40 years ago.

So why is he running for office if he cannot speak or think properly??? He has brought all these criticisms on himself by pursuing this. It's a public office, in case you haven't noticed. People have been saying mean things about politicians forever. It's not going to change because you find it unsavory.

What is appalling is how lockstep democrats were trying to hide from the public how bad his health and condition actually is. The people who were trying to hide the facts are selfish and uncaring about the well being of the public. They only care about their party.

Old 10-26-2022, 06:38 AM

10,872 posts, read 4,540,181 times
3 key words" you. Tube. Chat.

Nothing says "I have no ambition, education, job, ideas' better than participating in that.

Old 10-26-2022, 07:15 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,632,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
How they ended up with Dr Oz as the GOP candidate over Kathy Bennette, is beyond me.
Correct. It should have been a match-up between either Conor Lamb or Malcolm Kenyatta (Democratic side) vs. Kathy Barnette or Lou Barletta (Republican side). Both parties' electorates erred strongly in selecting two clowns to be their nominees.

I'm a moderate Democrat in Pittsburgh and voted for Conor Lamb because I knew he would get out the crucial suburban Philadelphia vote, which is what is needed in PA to overpower rural PA, where just about 100% of voters actually DO show up. Conor Lamb is also from suburban Pittsburgh, like Fetterman, but unlike Fetterman he is actually qualified to be a U.S. Senator and would have swept the floor with Oz, Barnette, or Barletta.

Old 10-26-2022, 07:19 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,632,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Fetterman: "I've always supported fracking"

Moderators showing quote from Mr. Fetterman in 2018: "I don't support fracking at all"

Fetterman: "I support fracking"

Yeah. He totally ignored his 2018 stance and implied he never said that (spoiler alert: He did!)

Unfortunately bringing this up on Facebook leads my liberal friends to shriek about how I "have" to vote for Fetterman or else I hate women.

I am so angry that my choice is "vote for someone not perfect but competent" or "vote for someone who seems like a clown so people don't think I'm a misogynist". Thanks, Pennsylvanians, for these terrible nominees! Conor Lamb would have crushed any GOP nominee, and I said that when I voted for him in the Spring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections