Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2022, 09:48 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,862,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
I doubt those 24% even watched the debate, well at least for the hope of humanity.
For whatever reason, I watched the entire debate. I don't live in PA, but I wanted to see how accurate the video clips I had been seeing on the internet for the past 6 weeks of Fetterman were.

And they were 100% accurate. Fetterman clearly has some health issues that may or may not ever be resolved. I'd have to see him in a debate from 2020 or so to see just how much the stroke impacted him. Something tells me that he likely isn't the brightest guy, but there is the whole "D" thing in PA, as well as the blue-collar appearance of Fetterman.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of elected officials who probably should have been shown the door due to age/health issues. It's clearly a problem with Biden, Pelosi, Feinstein, et al. Eventually Father Time comes for you, but before how much damage?

Old 10-26-2022, 09:54 AM

25,744 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
This was the first time I saw Fetterman speak at length.

Why was this guy even a candidate and how did he win a primary?

Also, the first thing I thought is what I often think when Biden speaks. Which is "How can this man's wife allow him to be pimped this way?"

Do these women have no conscience?
No they don't. They are power addicts...fiends who only care about themselves, and their hunger for money power, & fame. They are the most selfish egomaniacs you could ever meet.

They are both using their husbands to get their power fix. They are pure evil. This is not even the limit of what they are capable of.

Old 10-26-2022, 10:03 AM

13,962 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Any debate that had one of the participant's team doing pre-event gaslighting and calling any and all critics of their guy as "able-ist" or whatever...you kinda knew Fetterman was going to be bad.

His wife has been stumping the guy as being, for all practical matters, mentally disabled. She uses that to scold anyone who dares criticize him as able-ist troglodytes.

She isn't getting the simple fact of how she hurts his cause. The voters of PA are not hiring a busboy, grocery store bagger, etc where the mentally disabled get hired for feel good stories. They are voting for PA's junior seat in the US effing Senate. One of the 100 most powerful legislators on the planet...not the winsome, cheerful mentally challenged kid who shovels your driveway and asks only for cookies in return. Mrs. Fetterman keeps pounding away at how mean we all are because of how mentally disabled her husband is...

Uhm, Mrs. Fetterman...stop yelling at everyone about how the candidate for US Senate is mentally disabled. This is not helping him.

Old 10-26-2022, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
1. I'm disgusted with the system.
2. Oz did lab experiments on dogs. Unforgiveable.
3. Oz owns 9 homes all over the place. Not exactly a middle class guy.
Do Dems think the Clintons or Joe Biden were Middle class people when they voted for them?

How about the Dems that vote for all of these Congresspersons:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ress_by_wealth

John F Kennedy was a cherished President...was he middle class?

When either party trots out a middle class candidate, everyone dismisses them as being unqualified.

If you are a patriot who loves America, you cannot vote for Fetterman who is clearly incompetent.

Joe Biden hid in his basement, and muddled through a debate well enough to get elected, but Fetterman is much worse off than Joe Biden was during his campaign. Fetterman is not going to get better.

Where will Dems draw the line? I feel bad Fetterman had a stroke, but he should have dropped out & let a qualified candidate take over. He chose himself over his party...and America.

Last edited by beach43ofus; 10-26-2022 at 10:16 AM..

Old 10-26-2022, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
It still amazes me that no one replaced Fetterman after the stroke and Dr. Oz is running in a state he has never lived in or has nothing to do with.
Regardless of who wins, the voters of that state look to be getting a bad deal.
Primaries have consequences.

Old 10-26-2022, 12:44 PM

9,503 posts, read 9,824,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow Hal View Post
Please restore my faith in the ability of Americans to come together in bipartisan agreement. Neither Walker nor Fetterman are qualified to run for Senate of the United States.

What in the world have we come to that these two gentleman with obvious debilitating brain disorders are running for office? How did we come to this?

BTW, I don't blame the two candidates as their judgment is seriously impaired (stroke and CTE) but do the "able brained" want power so much that they will overlook supporting candidates with brain disabilities affecting their ability to make decisions, display good judgment and process/synthesize information?

Is anyone with me on this? Is it possible to come to a bipartisan agreement that neither should be running? Or is our judgement and thirst for our team to be in power disabling our brains?
Hal, this is a battle between the progressive left and the rest of America. It doesn't matter who is running, its America vs the radicals for the survival of this nation.

Old 10-26-2022, 12:47 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,330,074 times
Fetterman or Oz? Toss a coin and VOTE!

Old 10-26-2022, 12:50 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Yup! There’s an awful lot of pots calling kettles black these days. The blatant hypocrisy of major party politics is so…weird. The more I think about it, the more I think that’s the deep, underlying reason I quit aligning with either major party around a decade ago. And at this point (I’ve mentioned this in another thread), I’m even thinking about simply voting anti-incumbent, regardless of party.
Don’t recall anyone saying saying anything like this about any other candidates health.

MEGHAN MCCAIN: John Fetterman's tragic debate exposed a cynical political and liberal media COVER-UP of a Senate hopeful's health. Do they really think American voters are that naive?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-cover-up.html

Old 10-26-2022, 12:52 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Fetterman or Oz? Toss a coin and VOTE!
Lol. A win for Fetterman proves that Dems will pull the D lever no matter who the candidate is. He needs put out to pasture, and with his stroke even moreso.

Old 10-26-2022, 12:56 PM

5,941 posts, read 2,762,114 times
I just finished listening to the entire debate on a podcast...

How could anybody that actually watched/listened to the debate could possibly come to the conclusion that Fetterman won?

I mean seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections