Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2022, 06:12 AM

4,549 posts, read 2,272,518 times

Advertisements

Where can I see the full debate? All I see on YouTube is the last question.

Old 10-26-2022, 06:15 AM

29,824 posts, read 24,917,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Where can I see the full debate? All I see on YouTube is the last question.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k1umoIGJ9A

His response to the fracking question was painful to watch. He was caught in a lie around the 29 minute mark and tried to bumble his way out of it. I actually felt sorry for him.

Old 10-26-2022, 06:18 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
His name was Trump. They couldn't handle his mean Tweets. So it's back on the road to ruin for our civilization. Enjoy the ride. It's a long way to the bottom.
And there are still huge numbers of people who can't see it. Trump was 3rd Party! The only one who has EVER crashed the party. Perot tried and did well - but didn't win.

Old 10-26-2022, 06:28 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,509,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Fetterman started the evening off with “goodnight” (vs hello) which means it wasn’t a reading problem but a brain problem.

It’s likely that he would say “yea” vs “nay”. Does anyone see the problem here?
Yes, I caught the "Goodnight" at the beginning of debate too. It just went further downhill from there.

For the record, I am very pro-disability as it relates to fair treatment. However, even the ADA (see EEOC statement below) clearly states that a disabled individual must be able to perform "essential job functions" in the workplace.

Fetterman did not seem like he can do that. For one, the teleprompter would be an effective assistive device for a lot of jobs, but a Senate position would not be one of them. Too many verbal conversations happen between Senators to negotiate bill passage for this to be practical. It IS an essential function for that type of job. He wouldn't meet the criteria for ADA protection. TBH, even with the teleprompter, we all saw him struggle to get the right words out...

Are You Protected by The ADA?

If you have a disability, you must also be qualified to perform the essential functions or duties of a job, with or without reasonable accommodation, in order to be protected from job discrimination by the ADA. This means two things. First, you must satisfy the employer's requirements for the job, such as education, employment experience, skills or licenses. Second, you must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.

https://www.eeoc.gov/publications/ad...ual-disability

Old 10-26-2022, 06:31 AM

3,113 posts, read 939,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
Pretty cringeworthy to see someone use the term “Tard” to refer to anyone for anything. Particularly cringeworthy to use the term for someone who had a stroke. Reminds me of when Trump made his highly inappropriate had/arm gestures when mimicking the handicapped reporter in the 2016 campaign.
I don’t do virtue signaling, sorry.

Retarded is a great word, it comes from Latin to “make slower.”

First used in the 1960s USA by advocates for the disabled to replace imbecile.

Of course, as Shakespeare said, a rose in any other name would smell as sweet. Or as I say, crap in any other name still smells like crap.

So cringe all you want! I’ll continue to use it! Eff Democrats and social engineering!

Old 10-26-2022, 06:34 AM

3,282 posts, read 1,418,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
I don’t do virtue signaling, sorry.

Retarded is a great word, it comes from Latin to “make slower.”

First used in the 1960s USA by advocates for the disabled to replace imbecile.

Of course, as Shakespeare said, a rose in any other name would smell as sweet. Or as I say, crap in any other name still smells like crap.

So cringe all you want! I’ll continue to use it! Eff Democrats and social engineering!
Yes, crap in any other name still smells like crap. Just as it does above.

Old 10-26-2022, 06:39 AM

29,824 posts, read 24,917,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
Yes, crap in any other name still smells like crap. Just as it does above.

How about this... Fetterman is clearly slow and has trouble formulating coherent sentences. Very much like Joe Biden. Do you disagree?

I have nothing against "slow" people, but I don't think it's wise to put them in leadership roles. Do you disagree?

Old 10-26-2022, 06:41 AM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I’m concerned the corrupted and deeply partisan DOJ/FBI will rig something against OZ or some of the other Republican senators and governors pulling ahead in the next few days…..
If Fetterman “wins” the Senate election in Pennsylvania after the debacle last night, the only possible explanation will be voter fraud.

Old 10-26-2022, 06:48 AM

9,457 posts, read 5,225,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I’m concerned the corrupted and deeply partisan DOJ/FBI will rig something against OZ or some of the other Republican senators and governors pulling ahead in the next few days…..
You and a whole boatload of others.

Old 10-26-2022, 07:03 AM

4,908 posts, read 2,058,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
He ought to be wiped out on election day, although I refuse to vote for either guy.
So, you’re OK with supporting Fetterman in a roundabout way?

You are doing EXACTLY what the Democrats want YOU to do. So, when your state elects this human turnip, you helped him win.

It’s America, so you’re free to do whatever floats your boat, just remember that Biden, Harris, Pelosi, Schumer, AOC, Waters and many more Democrats are so proud of you for not voting or voting for some ZERO chance “third” party candidate or the infamous “Mickey Mouse” write-in.

Sadly, your turnip from Pennsylvania will have consequences for the entire nation.

I say this with full respect since you are one of my favorite posters on this site. I wasn’t too crazy for Bush 43, but I voted for him in again in 2004, because Kerry would have been far worse… It sucks, but it boils down to the lesser of two evils.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections