Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2022, 07:52 AM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post

That's classic narcissism.

Yes Trump has the classic attributes to label him a narcissist. An overview.

Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others.

Yep most of that applies to Trump but for that empathy part. Trump wanted to MAGA and that was for every citizen and LEGAL Immigrant. Does it matter if the roaring economy the Patriotic Pride in America we felt and the clamoring crowds at his rallies fed his already HUUUGE Ego? Biden on the other hand has zero empathy for anyone. He, like a typical politician pretends to care but he really doesn't. He panders and pretends.

Trump is a character, a people person and he connects. We saw the ribbings that he gave his fellows on the debate stage and it was entertaining to watch.

When you think about the same type of humor he brought to the WH and calling Kim Jong Un "Little Rocket Man" , the Left flipped out over that one thinking he was going to incite Kim to launch nukes but instead Trump went to visit him and the rocket tests stopped. Guess what resumed when Biden took over? Several weeks back citizens in Japan were scrambling to shelters as a NK missile flew over their country. Oh well it happens...

Trump is a decent debater and an expert negotiator. Has anyone in the Biden admin even thought about starting a negotiation with Putin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2022, 09:01 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,179,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
You are a partisan democrat with TDS who will find fault with Trump no matter what. So I would be wasting my time arguing about this with you.
Ha! Deal with the subject! Can you address the issue?

Quote:
You've hated him ever since be became president and you always will hate him, and it's likely that strong emotions like fear and hate have ruled your little world ever since Trump rocked it.
How do you know? I may have started hating him when he:

*Started out in business discriminating in housing
*Cozied up to Roy Cohn as to how to drag out litigation and attack your accusers
*Called for the execution of minority youths who were innocent and then refused to apologize

All of that was before he ever ran for any office and I was aware of each.

Plus, let's not personalize this. I don't hate anyone.

Old 10-26-2022, 09:11 AM

29,795 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Quote:
Ha! Deal with the subject! Can you address the issue?

How do you know? I may have started hating him when he:

*Started out in business discriminating in housing
*Cozied up to Roy Cohn as to how to drag out litigation and attack your accusers
*Called for the execution of minority youths who were innocent and then refused to apologize

All of that was before he ever ran for any office and I was aware of each.

Plus, let's not personalize this. I don't hate anyone.

I'm not personalizing it. But your disdain towards Trump seems rather personal. You really seem to have an axe to grind, as he is a frequent target of your angry tirades. Certainly you are not the only one. I have never seen such hate hurled towards a prominent public figure who committed no crime that we know of other than existing. I find it all quite peculiar and thoroughly bizarre.

Old 10-26-2022, 09:25 AM

7,633 posts, read 8,699,793 times
Quote:
Sorry, even the monitor knew that Trump acted inappropriately. They changed the rules for the next one.
Malignant, by "monitor" you mean Biden's co-debater?

Old 10-26-2022, 10:28 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,179,639 times
Quote:
I'm not personalizing it. But your disdain towards Trump seems rather personal.
This is the politics forum, remember?
Quote:
You really seem to have an axe to grind, as he is a frequent target of your angry tirades.
Maybe Trump merits criticism? Sometimes a cigar is a cigar.
Quote:
I have never seen such hate hurled towards a prominent public figure who committed no crime that we know of other than existing.
Give it a rest! Trump's bad behavior showed through the primaries in 2016, his presidency and the election of 2020. It is not hate which he gets but legitimate criticism.

Why did so many newspapers throughout the country refuse to endorse his re-election? They didn't hate hi.

Old 10-26-2022, 10:40 AM

6,095 posts, read 2,717,141 times
Is this the swoon over dear leader thread?

Old 10-26-2022, 10:51 AM

18,718 posts, read 7,597,559 times
We've watched many debates, but no one came even close to Trump in a debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
His wit, which is more than just a sense of humor. He was never nervous, and never seemed to be reciting a prepared script.

Especially with Hillary. Not just the debates, but also speech at the 2016 Al Smith Dinner.

Quote:
No. He was just rude in the first Biden debate with his constant interruptions. He reminded me of someone in junior high school.
Snowmountains, you already know that if you mention the name "Trump" in any thread on P&OC, you'll trigger the leftists into vomiting and puking bile and insults, no matter what the subject. It will go on for many minutes until they are distracted by something else. A Pavlovian response.

Old 10-26-2022, 10:56 AM

4,605 posts, read 3,295,372 times
Fortunately, being able to come up with a thousand one-liners in a debate setting is not a reliable indicator of whether a leader would be able to work with others to find solutions for the country or area in which he was elected. There is, in fact, almost no call for being able to come up with nicknames or one-liners in the job of president. It is a great crowd pleaser, but there's serious work ahead.

Old 10-26-2022, 11:02 AM

13,686 posts, read 7,973,244 times
I remember the first Trump debate with Clinton and many in the MSM crowing how sharp she was.

Sure she was....she cheated.

Donald Trump has been arguing for weeks that Hillary Clinton was unfairly provided debate questions in advance during the Democratic primary campaign, even as the evidence was limited.

It's no longer so limited.

In newly released Clinton campaign emails disseminated by WikiLeaks, then-CNN contributor and DNC official Donna Brazile — who is now the DNC's interim chair — shares more detail about a forthcoming question at a Democratic debate and promises more information before a separate town hall.

The emails don't indicate where the information came from — CNN has denied supplying her with questions, and there is no evidence it did — but it now seems clear that Brazile was getting information beforehand from somewhere and sharing it with the Clinton campaign.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ate-questions/

Last edited by john3232; 10-26-2022 at 11:36 AM..

Old 10-26-2022, 12:31 PM

7,633 posts, read 8,699,793 times
Quote:
Sometimes a cigar is a cigar.
"It depends on what the meaning of 'is' is."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
We've watched many debates, but no one came even close to Trump in a debate

Snowmountains, you already know that if you mention the name "Trump" in any thread on P&OC, you'll trigger the leftists into vomiting and puking bile and insults, no matter what the subject. It will go on for many minutes until they are distracted by something else. A Pavlovian response.
Because they can't debate Trump face to face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
Fortunately, being able to come up with a thousand one-liners in a debate setting is not a reliable indicator of whether a leader would be able to work with others to find solutions for the country or area in which he was elected. There is, in fact, almost no call for being able to come up with nicknames or one-liners in the job of president. It is a great crowd pleaser, but there's serious work ahead.
Is the opposite a reliable indicator of leadership? A good debater is better than a bad debater isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections