Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2022, 03:24 PM

6,813 posts, read 9,361,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
He's not a retard. What a nasty thing to say.

You obviously never had a person in your life who had a stroke, and though it took a while, they fully recovered. Even his doctor says he'll recover.

Every time I come on this forum, I'm appalled at the abhorrent, thoughtless things people say.
I’m still appalled by the fact that you’re excited about Joe Biden and Democrats and think they’re doing an AMAZING job because of that Social Security COLA increase.

Regardless of all of that, my uncle, who also happens to live in Pennsylvania, had a stroke a few YEARS ago and has issues similar to Fetterman’s issues, and still hasn’t fully recovered. It takes awhile. Fetterman needs to drop out of the race and focus on his recovery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2022, 05:24 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Many "early Pennsylvania voters" voted before they could see the Oz-Fetterman debate. Should PA modify its laws to let them cancel their vote?
I'm aware of no requirement to watch any debates before voting.

And you would want to further burden county boards of elections? Just because you don't think people should be able to vote early? Good grief ...

Quote:
Now that the panic over Covid is abating, should states return their laws to these original form?
That genie is out of the bottle. Why should we be tied to antiquated systems of doing things just because we've always done them that way? Why not go a step or two further, and return to original laws that forbade men who don't own property, black residents, women, and adults 18-20 from voting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Why are you in favor of voter suppression?
How is allowing an early vote suppressing the vote?

Quote:
Every time I come on this forum, I'm appalled at the abhorrent, thoughtless things people say.
Appalled, yes. Surprised, no.

Old 10-31-2022, 07:41 AM

748 posts, read 339,692 times
Quote:
Many "early Pennsylvania voters" voted before they could see the Oz-Fetterman debate. Should PA modify its laws to let them cancel their vote? And let them vote again on Election Day, if they want to change their mind?

We want to be as fair as possible to the voters, don't we?
What?

Why?

Old 10-31-2022, 05:29 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_c55 View Post
What?

Why?
Because Fetterman was a trainwreck in the debate. The fracking lie was especially priceless. Even WPXI, his hometown media, said he went up in flames and doesn’t appear fit to handle the job, and there was plenty more of that afterwards. He was a dullard with a lousy resume before, puts in part time hours as Lt. Governor, and is now even more incoherent since his stroke and wants to represent the entire state, lol.

Old 11-01-2022, 04:34 AM

3,113 posts, read 939,317 times
Quote:
He's not a retard. What a nasty thing to say.

You obviously never had a person in your life who had a stroke, and though it took a while, they fully recovered. Even his doctor says he'll recover.

Lol, the stroke killed half his brain. He ain’t gonna recover, no matter what some dopey doctor is going to say. He might regain some of his speech but not nearly anything resembling 100%.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-01-2022 at 02:15 PM.. Reason: language

Old 11-01-2022, 04:45 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Quote:
Many "early Pennsylvania voters" voted before they could see the Oz-Fetterman debate. Should PA modify its laws to let them cancel their vote? And let them vote again on Election Day, if they want to change their mind?

we have witnessed the abuse of early voting and mail in voting. without restriction they destroy the trust in the election process.

one day to vote, early voting restricted to a week before, few exceptions permitted for out of country or state. Next day pronouncement of winner. No late mail in counts!!!!!!!

If voting is so important, then make it a point to vote. For generations it was one day to vote and it worked well and more importantly, the process was trusted and the conclusion accepted and the results finalized by morning of the next day.

Mail in voting process must be bullet proof and accepted by the both sides of the aisle.

State voting regs cannot be violated!

Voting is the only legal way citizens can approve or reject a candidate and their policies. Take away the vote and civility is destabilized and the country weakened.

Old 11-01-2022, 06:47 AM

748 posts, read 339,692 times
Quote:

What?

Why, Roboteer?

Old 11-01-2022, 07:04 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDee12345 View Post
No.

If we would only make election day a national holiday, we wouldn't have to worry about early voting.

But since the US doesn't like giving people the day off to do anything, then you have to accept early voting.
We have more voters now because of early and absentee voting, I would expect waiting for hours at a polling location if we went back to in person voting. Only around 60% of eligible voters actually vote in a presidential election, 35% in off year. Polling locations would be overwhelmed if we went back to in person voting.

Crazy that people can change their vote after voting.

Old 11-01-2022, 07:14 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Being educated doesn’t equal intelligence, hence his terrible resume, and since his stroke he’s incoherent and sounds more the dullard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
Lol, the stroke killed half his brain. He ain’t gonna recover, no matter what some dopey doctor is going to say. He might regain some of his speech but not nearly anything resembling 100%.
And let’s not forget it’s a Yinzer doctor that donated to his campaign fund saying he’s capable of doing the job. After the debate the doctor looked like such a clown with what he said. Even his hometown yinzer media tore him up after the debate and continues to do so.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-01-2022 at 02:18 PM.. Reason: language

Old 11-01-2022, 07:16 AM

11,505 posts, read 6,008,999 times
Caveat emptor. Buyer beware. Nobody puts a gun to your head to vote early. If you launch that arrow prematurely, there is no taking it back. Sorry Charlie, that is the breaks. No way you should be able to "reverse" your vote right up to election day. If you don't want buyers remorse, don't vote early.

But then I think early voting is ridiculous anyway. We went 200 years with people having to vote on voting day and it worked better than early voting is working out, but then I hate most of modern life today, so what's just another thorn in my side?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections