Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2022, 07:18 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,905,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Many "early Pennsylvania voters" voted before they could see the Oz-Fetterman debate. Should PA modify its laws to let them cancel their vote? And let them vote again on Election Day, if they want to change their mind?

We want to be as fair as possible to the voters, don't we?
NO!! A card laid is a card played!! PA voted for the guy it wants! KARMA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2022, 10:32 AM

13,278 posts, read 7,316,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
In the past, most if not all states only had one "Election Day", not weeks and weeks of voting. People unable to get to the polls on Election Day, could request an absentee ballot, giving a reason why they could not vote on Election Day (sickness, injury, temporary out-of-state location etc.), and then vote by mail, as long as they had specifically requested it and named an address where the Registrar could send the ballot to.

In many states they could also designate a "trusted person" (spouse, friend, family member etc.) to bring in their ballot on Election Day, filling out the appropriate form on the ballot envelope and signing it.

Now that the panic over Covid is abating, should states return their laws to these original form? It would still let all eligible people vote, while making it much harder for cheating and fraud to take place.

What say ye?
Prior to Covid many states allowed no excuse early voting by mail for 20 plus years or more. I don't know what your talking about "In the past" you must be thinking of 1960's. I guess that could be since most who post here are 60+ years old.

Old 11-01-2022, 12:28 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,910,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
How old are you?
Hey, this is the kind of stuff you are going to have to learn to endure when you back a loser. You should be experienced with such comments since you seem to always back losers. We know about you and Brandon..

Old 11-01-2022, 12:33 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,910,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Classy.

Sometimes the truth hurts, you must have voted for the Neanderthal with the blood starved brain.. That would make you a victim also.. Sorry..

Old 11-01-2022, 12:36 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
I'm beginning to think this early voting needs to be drastically cut or eliminated all together.

Old 11-01-2022, 01:10 PM

748 posts, read 339,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I'm beginning to think this early voting needs to be drastically cut or eliminated all together.

Why? What an irrational thing to state.

Old 11-01-2022, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Prior to Covid many states allowed no excuse early voting by mail for 20 plus years or more. I don't know what your talking about "In the past" you must be thinking of 1960's. I guess that could be since most who post here are 60+ years old.
Exactly, this has been a non issue for many years and it was encouraged by Republicans until Trump started to bash it.

Old 11-01-2022, 01:16 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,675,690 times
Wouldn't early voting benefit election boards and their workers, who no longer have to deal with EVERYONE ON ONE DAY! It's kind of like doing that term paper, in parts, before the due date, as opposed to waiting to the last minute before doing the whole thing right before submitting it.

Old 11-01-2022, 01:17 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_c55 View Post
Why? What an irrational thing to state.
Do you have something against the Constitution? I do not recall a requirement to have "early voting". I think it said the requirement was to have an election day.

Old 11-01-2022, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Do you have something against the Constitution?.
There's no need for you to use a straw man.

Quote:
I do not recall a requirement to have "early voting".
Again, no need for straw men.

Quote:
I think it said the requirement was to have an election day.
You know that a lot of things that are stated as requirements are the floor right, not the ceiling?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections