Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2022, 08:53 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times

Advertisements

These questions are just for people who have already early voted in-person in the 2022 general election. Don't want media reports, just your personal experience.

Compared to previous times when you have early voted in a general election, are you seeing more, less or about the same number of voters you have seen in previous years at your voting location?

We're your past experiences in the mid-terms or only presidential elections?

What state do you live in?

Do you live in a very large city, a smaller city, suburbia or rural America?

I haven't voted yet (usually early vote due to leg issues) but I am curious about voter early turnout. The national news media tends to only report turnout size in the large cities where they work, especially when it comes to the mid-terms. I prefer your opinion which includes types of locations where the media tends to not go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2022, 09:26 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
These questions are just for people who have already early voted in-person in the 2022 general election. Don't want media reports, just your personal experience.

Compared to previous times when you have early voted in a general election, are you seeing more, less or about the same number of voters you have seen in previous years at your voting location?

We're your past experiences in the mid-terms or only presidential elections?

What state do you live in?

Do you live in a very large city, a smaller city, suburbia or rural America?

I haven't voted yet (usually early vote due to leg issues) but I am curious about voter early turnout. The national news media tends to only report turnout size in the large cities where they work, especially when it comes to the mid-terms. I prefer your opinion which includes types of locations where the media tends to not go.
1). I just checked with the Texas Tribune (Left Lean) that tracks early voting across the State.
5 days left to early vote in person - totals are only 20% of past 3 elections. Hunter voted on the 3rd day of early voting, saw maybe dozen people total. Early voting site had about 20 machines.

2). We vote every election (including runoff) only vote early when we will be out of town on Election Day.
In a Presidential or Mid-Term (1st Tuesday in November) that Tuesday falls right after the Deer Season opening for hunters. That means early vote in my house for the Hunter.

3). I live in Texas & in one of the 50 largest Cities on the Top 50 largest City National list.

Old 10-30-2022, 09:47 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,370,331 times
I live near a big city and voting is going great. Every single Democrat is going to get wiped off the face of the Earth never to be seen again.

This is the penalty they'll pay for inflicting this country with lies, deceit, and incompetence, and serving an agenda that was doomed from the start.

Old 10-30-2022, 01:24 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,483,414 times
Indiana, far southern part in the Louisville KY metro area. There was lighter turnout than last time but still fairly heavy. I think in 2020 I voted on the first available Saturday while this time was the middle Saturday. Having lived in Kentucky until 2015 it still feels weird to have location candidates serenading me as I walk in up to the door. Due to severe fraud and vote buying decades ago KY has no picketing allowed within like a mile of the voting booth.

Old 10-30-2022, 02:43 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
I voted early on Tuesday in West Palm Beach. No appointment, no line, no wait. There was one other voter in there, a white guy in his 70s.

So that is not a good sign for the Democrats since WPB is one of the bluest counties in Florida, even though it’s getting redder.

Old 11-03-2022, 09:42 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I voted early on Tuesday in West Palm Beach. No appointment, no line, no wait. There was one other voter in there, a white guy in his 70s.

So that is not a good sign for the Democrats since WPB is one of the bluest counties in Florida, even though it’s getting redder.
Here's the breakdown of early voting and mail in ballots for Florida.

Early voting in person for Palm Beach County as of this morning:

Palm Beach 26906 - General
34,602 Republican
25,095 Democrat
1,498 Independent

Mail in ballot for PBC:

45,338 Republican
100,043 Democrat
3,183 Independent

https://countyballotfiles.floridados...ts/PublicStats

Old 11-03-2022, 10:06 AM

253 posts, read 191,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post

34,602 Republican
25,095 Democrat
1,498 Independent

Mail in ballot for PBC:

45,338 Republican
100,043 Democrat
3,183 Independent

This brings up a point that I feel should be made.

I personally don't think it should be allowed (or legal) to release this kind of data until after the polls have closed on election day. What purpose does it really serve to release this info? To help sway uncast votes? To me, this smacks of tampering.

Let the people decided on who to vote without being potentially swayed by their county election office.

Old 11-03-2022, 11:53 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,421,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 912904 View Post
This brings up a point that I feel should be made.

I personally don't think it should be allowed (or legal) to release this kind of data until after the polls have closed on election day. What purpose does it really serve to release this info? To help sway uncast votes? To me, this smacks of tampering.

Let the people decided on who to vote without being potentially swayed by their county election office.
I completely agree. No progress reports or data should be released until it is ALL over. Reporting on numbers voting early or absentee ballots requested in total would be OK, though that's also not really helpful to anyone beyond pollsters. Reporting them by party seems counterproductive in the extreme.

To answer the question I live in suburban NJ and early voting is relatively new here. This will only be the second time I've done it and I expect it to be like last time--easy, quick, no line.

Old 11-03-2022, 11:54 AM

8,418 posts, read 7,419,986 times
I know that the OP asked for personal observations, but IMO that would not be helpful. I voted via absentee ballot early this month and it's not like there's a line of people at the clerk's office with absentee ballots in hand. Even if you're sitting in the back of your pickup monitoring the drop boxes for days on end, the info is at best anecdotal.

The estimates from a poll conducted in Michigan last week show about 66% of voters here plan to vote on election day, while about 23% either have already voted via absentee ballot and about 10% are expecting to vote via absentee ballot. Also, more than 1 million absentee ballots have already been received by October 28th.

I'd include the link to the Detroit News website, but the article containing the info is behind a paywall.

Old 11-03-2022, 12:26 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post

34,602 Republican
25,095 Democrat
1,498 Independent

Mail in ballot for PBC:

45,338 Republican
100,043 Democrat
3,183 Independent

Interesting. If the Democrats are only winning by that margin in PBC (125K to 78K), then it's going to be a Republican blowout in Florida.

In 2020, Biden won Palm Beach County by 100,000 votes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections