Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2022, 10:22 AM

13,887 posts, read 8,086,228 times

Advertisements

Well, better late than never...

At my invitation, Blake Masters and I had an unscripted, open, and recorded discussion and exchange of ideas on a variety of issues," Victor said in a written statement. That ranged from tax and economic policy to the Federal Reserve and same-sex marriage, he said.

"I found Blake to be generally supportive of the Live and Let Live Global Peace Movement. Likewise, we found ourselves in general agreement about how to improve America and to advance the cause of freedom and peace. After that discussion, I believe it is in the best interests of freedom and peace to withdraw my candidacy and enthusiastically support Blake Masters for United States Senate. I intend to assist in any way reasonably possible to elect Blake.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...130032227.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2022, 10:31 AM

773 posts, read 350,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post

At my invitation, Blake Masters and I had an unscripted, open, and recorded discussion and exchange of ideas on a variety of issues," Victor said in a written statement. That ranged from tax and economic policy to the Federal Reserve and same-sex marriage, he said.

"I found Blake to be generally supportive of the Live and Let Live Global Peace Movement. Likewise, we found ourselves in general agreement about how to improve America and to advance the cause of freedom and peace. After that discussion, I believe it is in the best interests of freedom and peace to withdraw my candidacy and enthusiastically support Blake Masters for United States Senate. I intend to assist in any way reasonably possible to elect Blake.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...130032227.html
Not better for those who want other choices.

Old 11-01-2022, 10:50 AM

17,737 posts, read 6,977,253 times
Fantastic. The difference between a libertarian and Masters is about 20%. The difference between a libertarian and an establishment Marxist like Mark Kelly is about 95%.

Better late than never. Hopefully this is enough to push Masters across the finish line.

Old 11-01-2022, 10:52 AM

773 posts, read 350,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Fantastic. The difference between a libertarian and Masters is about 20%. The difference between a libertarian and an establishment Marxist like Mark Kelly is about 95%.

Better late than never. Hopefully this is enough to push Masters across the finish line.

Define Marxist and list the Marxist policies that Kelly has supported.

Old 11-01-2022, 10:53 AM

22,214 posts, read 19,509,661 times
While this might very marginally help Masters, probably a bit too late to have any meaningful impact, and it isn't like Victor was pulling any type of sizable chunk.

Old 11-01-2022, 11:10 AM

2,775 posts, read 5,735,410 times
I was a little curious to see how that poll that had him at 15% was going to hold up.

Old 11-01-2022, 07:05 PM

8,046 posts, read 12,292,334 times
Quote:
No, not better for those of us who voted for him. It was a blatantly stupid move on his part to pull out just a week before the election, and when many voters have already sent in their ballots! If Victor agreed more with Masters in the first place, then he should have thrown his support to him early on, and not have entered the race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_c55 View Post
Not better for those who want other choices.
Exactly! Most Libertarians are center/right, and appeal to a fair number of independents who are fiscally conservative, but more liberal on social/personal issues. If all we have left to pick from is the Jackass party or Dumbo party, which have gone too far in both directions & mainly appeal to their bases, then we're definitely headed in the wrong direction.

Old 11-01-2022, 09:18 PM

3,700 posts, read 2,427,980 times
Quote:
Does AZ do a lot of early voting?

I would think not.

In a razor tight race, it could help every vote needed to Masters.

I haven't checked the data recently.

Old 11-01-2022, 09:41 PM

13,887 posts, read 8,086,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post

I would think not.

No, it's not too late. My guess is the endorsement is worth 0.5-1 points and in a tight race it could make the difference.

However, Lake has broken away from Hobbs and this should help carry Masters across the finish line.

Old 11-01-2022, 09:56 PM

13,355 posts, read 7,379,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post

I would think not.

2020 total amount of votes were 3,397,388 of that total amount mailed in ballots were 2,471,577 which is 72% of voters voted early by mail.

Last edited by kell490; 11-01-2022 at 10:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections