Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2022, 09:50 PM

52,751 posts, read 34,654,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
We have always had gifted programs in my state because it's a requirement. Do you really think kids care about drag queens. Of course not. Why would they. It's the parents who care.
you asked if it was new. he said it was.

why are you trying to change your tune now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2022, 10:03 PM

4,222 posts, read 4,477,217 times
It seems odd (IMO) on the thought that 'suburban' women are going to be single flashpoint issue swayed voters on the right to abort at any and all times, because:

1) Women are more multi tasking and have likely a closer visualization of the reality other multiple variables impacting them (inflation, rule of law, illegal immigration / open borders, and other much greater threats to their existing progeny, etc...)

2) If they are "Educated" they realize, hmm, 'I know how an egg gets seeded' and I practice (insert whatever form of birth control etc) so why should this be such an issue? It tends to be the partisan that can't figure this out. At some point they likely think, "hey, I know how babies are made and I can adapt with (insert whatever technology or practice)."

3) If they are truly 'educated' and not indoctrinated, then they probably wonder why the education system has gotten so contentious over letting them have a say in their 'existing' children's education when the extreme 'woke' bearing crowd tries shutting them up / off and acting like 'seers' on all matters educational, which are not in any way related to education (e.g. who can use what restroom and play in what sports, etc.. at the same time the educational results have been falling).

Old 11-01-2022, 10:12 PM

32,132 posts, read 15,126,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
you asked if it was new. he said it was.

why are you trying to change your tune now?
Yes, so I want to know what the bid deal is about drag queens and why parents are so bent out of shape because of it. Plus there is little or no evidence of crt being taught in public schools. This is just a new talking point.

Old 11-01-2022, 10:18 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,749,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
wow.. devastating news for the leftists.

White suburban women shift TWENTY-SIX % away from dems/towards Republicans
That's crazy, but it does explain the massive red wave in the polls. White middle/upper class women are the gatekeepers to removing Democrats from power, aside from the 90% rate that black people normally vote D which is a much harder nut to crack. You'd think people would realize after a few decades that sympathy by Dems for black people is all talk and they never deliver and things keep getting worse for them.

White women have no choice but to flip, they cannot deny what's happening to their kids in government schools, it's impossible to ignore

Old 11-01-2022, 10:31 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,268,357 times
I called this over a year ago.

White women have been the decisive force giving Democrats popular vote victories in seven of the past eight presidential elections. These eight elections corresponded with the great reduction in crime rates nationwide.

When crime is not an issue, a lot of white women vote Democrat. When crime is an issue, a lot of those naturally Democratic women switch sides.

Old 11-01-2022, 10:39 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,804,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
nah, just give people the ability to "from this point forward, do you choose a 50% FICA tax cut and are you willing to decline SS and opt out, or not"

I understand that some of my wages/income is going to my peers who, 20+ years from now, haven't actually been charged enough in FICA to equal what they'll get out of the program. But I am an anomaly.
Decline SS and no FICA at all, or participate in SS and pay whatever the current rate of FICA is.

That the Social Security Trust Fund was squandered by the government is not my problem. That Social Security is a financially unsustainable scheme is not my problem and is precisely the reason I want nothing to do with it.

Old 11-02-2022, 08:04 AM

52,751 posts, read 34,654,049 times
followup article in the WSJ:

Quote:
“We’re talking about a collapse, if you will, in that group on the perceptions of the economy,” said Republican pollster Tony Fabrizio who conducted the poll with Democratic pollster John Anzalone. The poll showed that 54% of white suburban women think the U.S. is already in a recession and 74% think the economy is headed in the wrong direction.

Dana Gianassi, 68 years old, of Lincoln, Calif., said she has already voted for a straight Republican ticket. A registered independent, she leans Republican, but said she has never before voted straight GOP. “Right now I feel the Democrats are ruining our country,” she said, citing her concerns about securing the southern border and high prices.
27 percentage points since august. let that sink in.

Old 11-02-2022, 09:47 AM

15,948 posts, read 12,318,664 times
As long as the republican party cares about abortion so much as an issue they'll never be able to dominate the woman vote. It's great to see the shift, though.

Old 11-02-2022, 11:38 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,253,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So you think this "messing with children" is something new that parents and republicans have suddenly discovered. Or do you think it's just become an issue now because republicans think it's a popular platform to run on.
I think it was exposed while kids were remote learning for up to a full year or more.

Old 11-02-2022, 11:42 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,679 posts, read 81,437,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Yeah, turns out suburban women don't like it when it costs 50% more to fill up their Suburbans.
More importantly, the crime increase, largely due to lack of police, and courts not enforcing the penalties. When the local Target has people walking out with stolen TVs, catalytic converters and gas are stolen from vehicles in their driveways, people in the suburbs are being affected personally and tend to react.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections