Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Simple, yes or no.
Yes 65 70.65%
No 27 29.35%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2022, 10:08 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
My husband said the same thing. It was over an hour. He also thought Trump sounded drugged. I know he doesn’t drink alcohol, but maybe meds of some kind?

He did look good though. I guess all the fighting and turmoil agrees with him.
Kind of funny that people think the current pres has to be drugged to rev him up and the former pres has to be drugged to tamp him down.

Clearly someone beat Trump over the head repeatedly with the "Act Presidential" mantra and stick to the teleprompter stick.

But, as he has said before.......he can be presidential, but his supporters don't want him to be like that.

More accurately, he actually can't be presidential for any length of time. He will be up to his old tricks to entertain the base any day now. Especially after he sees all the comments about low energy lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2022, 10:09 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,662,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Old news.

The new thing is Sam Bankman-Fried and FTX... and Hunter Biden tic toc, tic toc...

Ha, he'd swat her like he done her daddy, then she would pout.

Trump did what he always did, rip the covers right off the worthless media, then come up with a totally reasonable and sober plan to undo all the garbage sniffer has done over the last Two.
You have your opinion and I have mine.

Mine is that Cheney is tougher than Trump ever thought of being, is much more articulate and has more intelligence in her big toe then he has in his whole body.

Old 11-16-2022, 10:35 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,647,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post

Mine is that Cheney is tougher than Trump ever thought of being, is much more articulate and has more intelligence in her big toe then he has in his whole body.
And she only lost once!

Old 11-17-2022, 08:21 AM

30,167 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:

Not defending Trump here but that whole Cheney clan disgusts me. Her dad was a war criminal and a war profiteer. He orchestrated a massive lie regarding WMD's and America and the world. He was the puppet master behind Bush. Look at how many lives were ruined and the trillions we spend for nothing. All so that Cheney and his neocon buddies could acheive their goal of military bases in the middle east.

Only reason she was able to get into politics was her connections to daddy. I have never heard her denounce what her dad did. And if she is so tough how is she one of the few politicians who Trump put a candidate against and lost?

Old 11-17-2022, 09:14 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,662,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Not defending Trump here but that whole Cheney clan disgusts me. Her dad was a war criminal and a war profiteer. He orchestrated a massive lie regarding WMD's and America and the world. He was the puppet master behind Bush. Look at how many lives were ruined and the trillions we spend for nothing. All so that Cheney and his neocon buddies could acheive their goal of military bases in the middle east.

Only reason she was able to get into politics was her connections to daddy. I have never heard her denounce what her dad did. And if she is so tough how is she one of the few politicians who Trump put a candidate against and lost?
The only thing I like about Liz Cheney is that she has the backbone to stand up to Trump, which almost all other Republicans lack. The only way I would vote for her for anything would be if the only other choice was Trump.

I consider her tough for continuing to oppose Trump, knowing that he and his ilk will be doing everything in their power to destroy her political career.

As far as Dick Cheney, I always considered him to be like Darth Vader; totally evil. The country would have been a lot better off if he had never existed.

Old 11-17-2022, 10:19 AM

Quote:
The only thing I like about Liz Cheney is that she has the backbone to stand up to Trump, which almost all other Republicans lack. The only way I would vote for her for anything would be if the only other choice was Trump.

I consider her tough for continuing to oppose Trump, knowing that he and his ilk will be doing everything in their power to destroy her political career.

As far as Dick Cheney, I always considered him to be like Darth Vader; totally evil. The country would have been a lot better off if he had never existed.
Of course if Dick Cheney never existed neither would Liz. I think this was personal to her. Trump attacked her daddy and Bush so it was not politics. Like with the McCains.

She is a horrilbe neocon like her dad. How she can see what her father did and just go along and want to do the same thing is scary. Trump might have done the country a favor by ending her political career. If she ever had risen politically to the point of having some say in the White House we would be back at war in the middle east in no time. And yet the dems are cheering her on like she is some sort of hero. Her political positions are about as bad as one can be. She believes in the Bush-Cheney era traditions. Wow. Only thing she has better than her dad is she is more likeable looking.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liz_Cheney

Regarded as a leading ideological conservative in the Bush–Cheney-era tradition and a representative of the Republican establishment, Cheney is a neoconservative, known for her focus on national security, support for the U.S. military, a pro-business stance, hawkish foreign policy views.

Old 11-18-2022, 06:03 PM

2,666 posts, read 1,187,389 times
If he was nicer to people most of what he is going through now would not happen. Now he really PO'd the DOC after his speech and announcement. They will now push even harder to stop him. Geez even Fox just all of a sudden cut him off and all of a sudden just like that snap of the fingers they switched back to the fox newsroom. They didn't even stay on until the end of the speech.

Old 11-21-2022, 03:07 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
There is impeachment and conviction. Impeachment does not remove a sitting POTUS or VEEP from office.

This is fantasy land stuff. Even if both Biden and Harris were impeached they would not be convicted in the senate. And if say Biden was impeached and convicted because they discovered a smoking gun connecting him to China and Hunter. Harris would become POTUS and she would nominate the next VEEP. Spoiler alert, she would NOT pick Trump. The speaker of the house is not automatically next in line.

Question. What exactly had Harris done to be impeached. I don't like her I think she is a horrible VEEP but actually need a reason for 2/3rds of the Senate to convict. Wanting Trump to be back as POTUS is not a reason.

One has to have at least a basic understanding of civics and how the political process works.
Yup.
There has to be an impeachable offense to start an impeachment. Neither Biden nor Harris has one.

It's true that Trump could become Speaker of the House; there's nothing in the Constitution that forbids an outsider from taking the job. He would have to be elected by the majority caucus though, after he announced his intention to run for it; the job is not an appointment.

But Trump won't ever ask for a job where he's #3 in line from the top. He has to be #1 always.

The House is not at all where Trump wants to be. It's the White House or nothing for him.

Liz Cheney, on the other hand, would be a formidable Speaker. Her leadership skills match Nancy Pelosi's, and she has none of Pelosi's quirks and mannerisms.
But she wouldn't take the job either. At least, not right now. Kevin McCarthy has it in the bag one more time.

Last edited by banjomike; 11-21-2022 at 03:25 AM..

Old 11-25-2022, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Yup.
There has to be an impeachable offense to start an impeachment. Neither Biden nor Harris has one.
Impeachable offenses include high crimes and misdemeanors. Which if you look at the definition its quite vague. It seems you could take the pullout in Afghanistan or whats going on at the border and come up with something that works in this situation. Or almost anything. The dems can say the charges are not impeachable and the GOP will say they are and if they have the votes the impeachment happens. I think we are way past doing things the correct way. Its just revenge.

Is there any mechanism to stop it besides the votes? However neither will be convicted in the senate. Honestly I think the dems were wrong both times with impeachment. In criminal court its not if the DA think the person is guilty its if they believe they can get a conviction. So the dems thought Trump was guilty but he would not be convicted. Bad idea.

On Wikipedia its defined as:

The phrase "high crimes and misdemeanors," used together, was a common phrase when the U.S. Constitution was written and did not require any stringent or difficult criteria for determining guilt but meant the opposite. The phrase was historically used to cover a very broad range of crimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections