Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2022, 07:07 PM

3,162 posts, read 2,215,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
You do understand that there are people who do not like Trump that are not "the Left"? There are lots of Republicans who have no use for him. You may like the chaos that he brings to the table but many do not.
This is very true. If only the "libs" disliked Trump and those associated with him, then Republicans would have swept the midterms to solid majorities on both sides of Congress. It was not just liberals, but also independent voters in competitive states across the country that rejected the likes of Mehmet Oz, Blake Masters, Herschel Walker, Doug Mastriano, Kari Lake and Tudor Dixon, all of whom aligned themselves with #45. Such voters don't necessarily love the Biden presidency either, but #MAGA and what it represents was unacceptable. Rational Republicans are taking notice, even if the "Trump base" isn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2022, 05:22 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
This is very true. If only the "libs" disliked Trump and those associated with him, then Republicans would have swept the midterms to solid majorities on both sides of Congress. It was not just liberals, but also independent voters in competitive states across the country that rejected the likes of Mehmet Oz, Blake Masters, Herschel Walker, Doug Mastriano, Kari Lake and Tudor Dixon, all of whom aligned themselves with #45. Such voters don't necessarily love the Biden presidency either, but #MAGA and what it represents was unacceptable. Rational Republicans are taking notice, even if the "Trump base" isn't.
The problem to the right is that anyone not following lockstep with the right is the left to them. Think Trump committed a crime on January 6th, leftie. Think that public school is not indoctrinating, leftie. Think that the wall will not help with immigration, leftie. Think that the election process doesn't need picture ID and you can vote by mail, leftie. Think that Trump lied about the election, leftie.

Old 12-20-2022, 06:27 AM

25,751 posts, read 12,832,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
You do understand that there are people who do not like Trump that are not "the Left"? There are lots of Republicans who have no use for him. You may like the chaos that he brings to the table but many do not.
I never voted for Trump in a Primary. After he went along w/ Trillions more of deficit spending, I dumped Trump. I'm a Republican that has no use for him...UNLESS he becomes Pub nominee, then I'd have to vote for him....like I did before.

Libs hate it, but Trump still has good approval ratings...2nd only to DeSantis as a Republican, in a hypothetical primary race. 3rd place is miles behind. If DeSantis doesn't run, Trump will be the nominee it appears right now. I'm not saying tht wont or cant change...just stating the "as is" for now.

He's the only Republican figure that gives his loyalists the feeling he's fighting for America, & fighting for them too. Libs hate this, & call it all kinds of names, but that is the truth of the matter. Very few Dems feel that way about Biden, so the Dems are jealous...Biden's a placeholder at best.

I love it that Trump scares DC & the media, & Libs. The fear & hatred is so intense. Trump pokes the hive with each word & action...very entertaining.

Old 12-20-2022, 06:41 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I never voted for Trump in a Primary. After he went along w/ Trillions more of deficit spending, I dumped Trump. I'm a Republican that has no use for him...UNLESS he becomes Pub nominee, then I'd have to vote for him....like I did before.

Libs hate it, but Trump still has good approval ratings...2nd only to DeSantis as a Republican, in a hypothetical primary race. 3rd place is miles behind. If DeSantis doesn't run, Trump will be the nominee it appears right now. I'm not saying tht wont or cant change...just stating the "as is" for now.

He's the only Republican figure that gives his loyalists the feeling he's fighting for America, & fighting for them too. Libs hate this, & call it all kinds of names, but that is the truth of the matter. Very few Dems feel that way about Biden, so the Dems are jealous...Biden's a placeholder at best.

I love it that Trump scares DC & the media, & Libs. The fear & hatred is so intense. Trump pokes the hive with each word & action...very entertaining.
Why ?

A number of Republicans have never voted for Trump.

Old 12-20-2022, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Why ?

A number of Republicans have never voted for Trump.
I'll never vote for a Dem Prez, unless JFK comes back to life....he'd be a conservative Pub if he were alive today, because Dems have surged so far left.

I only vote for Republicans because they are least worst as compared to Dems, & the Libertarians never have a strong candidate.

I did vote for Ross Perot back in the day though...I think he ran as an Independent.

R. Paul gets my vote in the Primary...he's the #1 fiscal conservative in DC...I don't care much about social issues....just shrinking fed gov't & spending.

Old 12-20-2022, 07:56 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Quote:
The lefty media will lambast ANYONE who seeks the Presidentcy as a Republican...
As will the righty media lambast any Democrat. It's always that way.

Welcome to reality.

The Republican party has aided and abetted treason by it's favorite hotelier. American patriots can see this and will not forget.

If Benedict Arnold had been the figurehead leader of a political party in his day, the American people would have punished that party severely, deservedly so.

Trump is actually worse than Benedict Arnold, for Arnold only wanted to betray a fort, Trump betrayed the entire republic. He attacked the essence of democracy.

Old 12-20-2022, 08:09 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Quote:
I'll never vote for a Dem Prez, unless JFK comes back to life....he'd be a conservative Pub if he were alive today, because Dems have surged so far left.
You are dreaming.

The Democratic Party in the USA is actually conservative by world standards. Goals like universal healthcare and free higher education have been in place in many developed countries since the 1970's, we are way behind the rest of the developed world.

You dishonor JFK by associating him with traitorous Republicans. He was way too smart to fall for conspiracies like 'pedophiles in pizza parlor basements' and 'chips in vaccines' and all that other nonsense you people dream up ... and he would never countenance an attack on the US Capitol, he risked his life for our country, and he would never have encouraged or condoned the disgrace Trump brought upon our nation. He would never have debased himself before the leader of Russia as in the disgrace of Helsinki.

He loved this country far too much to betray it by associating with todays Republicans.

Republicans are the party of Nixon and Trump, not the party of Kennedy.

Old 12-20-2022, 08:43 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,664,353 times
Quote:

In a way, I sort of understand. I voted for Mitt Romney in 2012. John Kasich was my choice in 2016 but that didn't work out. When it came down to Clinton or Trump, as much as I disliked Clinton, I could not see any quality whatsoever in Trump that would make me want to see him as President. In 2020 it was an even easier choice to vote for Biden as, to me, Trump had shown himself to be an actual detriment to the country.

I am so hoping that 2024 is not a Trump/Biden rerun. I have had enough of Donald Trump to last me for the rest of my life. And Biden has served his purpose of unseating Trump and it is time to move on from him.

I know I am dreaming, but in 2024 I would like to see the Republican party nominate some sane, reasonable candidate. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that the ultra-MAGA conspiracy fever is not going to break in the party any time soon. It is going to take a long time for the hatred on both sides that Trump purposely stirred up to dissipate.

Old 12-20-2022, 08:44 AM

JFK, like Trump, both lean right, but would be considered moderate Republicans:

https://www.yipinstitute.com/article...itically-today

https://www.prageru.com/if-john-f-ke...e-a-republican

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kylesmi...h=1b1e71543beb

Trump & JFK have many of the same opinions on the issues...like staunch anti-communists (while Obama opened up Cuba), pro-military (while Biden checked his watch), just to name 2.

Trumps approval #'s remain decent, & at the mid-term election point, matched Biden's:

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...nt-presidents/

I love how angry these fact makes Libs....they are so full of hatred, they can't see straight.

Old 12-20-2022, 09:23 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,649,426 times
Quote:
JFK, like Trump, both lean right, but would be considered moderate Republicans:

https://www.yipinstitute.com/article...itically-today

https://www.prageru.com/if-john-f-ke...e-a-republican

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kylesmi...h=1b1e71543beb

Trump & JFK have many of the same opinions on the issues...like staunch anti-communists (while Obama opened up Cuba), pro-military (while Biden checked his watch), just to name 2.

Trumps approval #'s remain decent, & at the mid-term election point, matched Biden's:

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...nt-presidents/

I love how angry these fact makes Libs....they are so full of hatred, they can't see straight.
You spew divisive nonsense like talking about how you love when ‘the Libs’ are angry and then proclaim how THEY are full of hatred. Look in the mirror.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections