Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 03:24 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,839,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
We've been through this before. You're claim that he paid him with millions of taxpayer money is confirmed by no one but yourself and perhaps some right wing blogs, who source each other. . . .
And Obama himself. He just calls the whole thing an incredible coincidence and poor judgment. I'd call it sleazy politics. Politics as usual from a liberal Chicago area dem.

From the Tribune archives: Rezko owns vacant lot next to Obama's home -- Crime, Law and Justice, Rod Blagojevich, King's County -- chicagotribune.com

And if you want to read the sleazy details:

ABC News: The Rezko Connection: Obama's Achilles Heel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 03:39 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,139,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
And Obama himself. He just calls the whole thing an incredible coincidence and poor judgment. I'd call it sleazy politics. Politics as usual from a liberal Chicago area dem.

From the Tribune archives: Rezko owns vacant lot next to Obama's home -- Crime, Law and Justice, Rod Blagojevich, King's County -- chicagotribune.com

And if you want to read the sleazy details:

ABC News: The Rezko Connection: Obama's Achilles Heel?
As I've stated, this is all rehashed information, in which once again you fail to source the claim that Obama paid back Rezko in any way, especially with taxpayer money.

It's something you cling to only with hope, not with any facts.

But again, I revert to my last post. This has nothing to do with McCain having a paid lobbyist for UBS write his housing policy. The same UBS that has recently advised its executives to stay away from the US for fear they may be arrested.

That's lack of ethics that matters, because that lobbyist-driven policy affects us. If you have no arguments as to why we should have a congressman-turned-lobbyist who was kneedeep in the Enron scandal now advising McCain on his housing policy, while being paid for by the mortgage industry, then stay out of this thread. There are plenty of old Rezko threads to pull up where you can continue to post links which contradict your own claims. And I'll be happy to continue to show you where you're wrong in the correct place

Old 05-30-2008, 04:04 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,314,297 times
Quote:
As I've stated, this is all rehashed information, in which once again you fail to source the claim that Obama paid back Rezko in any way, especially with taxpayer money.

But again, I revert to my last post. This has nothing to do with McCain having a paid lobbyist for UBS write his housing policy. The same UBS that has recently advised its executives to stay away from the US for fear they may be arrested.

That's lack of ethics that matters, because that lobbyist-driven policy affects us. If you have no arguments as to why we should have a congressman-turned-lobbyist who was kneedeep in the Enron scandal now advising McCain on his housing policy, while being paid for by the mortgage industry, then stay out of this thread. There are plenty of old Rezko threads to pull up where you can continue to post links which contradict your own claims. And I'll be happy to continue to show you where you're wrong in the correct place
Well said.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:57 PM

7,196 posts, read 4,793,089 times
My perception has been that John McCain=George W. Bush. The OP reinforces my original perception with the added stench of Phil Gramm. The choices the voting public will have in November are really pitiful.

Old 05-31-2008, 12:37 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,839,460 times
Quote:

The buying price, date and buyer of both Obama's property and the lot next door are public record and presented in my link. Obama's letters of support to assist Rezko of getting $15mil of taxpayer money is public record; even Obama when caught admits that the whole thing was poor judgment.

Why do you defend Obama's unethical behavior and his close relationship with the indicted sleazeball Rezko? It's sleazeball, unethical politics -- even Obama has admitted the perception of as much; he just won't admit it was orchestrated -- presenting the whole simultaneous purchase by him and his indicted pal of two side by side properties from the same seller on the same day as just a big coincidence. Wow!

I don't think anyone's going to deny virtually all these guys do it I just find it amusing the Obama's just one of them, admits it and the worshipers still bow down as if he presents anything different.

He's just another Chicago Democratic pol. Admitting is the first step to recovery.

Old 05-31-2008, 01:23 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,948,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
The buying price, date and buyer of both Obama's property and the lot next door are public record and presented in my link. Obama's letters of support to assist Rezko of getting $15mil of taxpayer money is public record; even Obama when caught admits that the whole thing was poor judgment.

Why do you defend Obama's unethical behavior and his close relationship with the indicted sleazeball Rezko? It's sleazeball, unethical politics -- even Obama has admitted the perception of as much; he just won't admit it was orchestrated -- presenting the whole simultaneous purchase by him and his indicted pal of two side by side properties from the same seller on the same day as just a big coincidence. Wow!

I don't think anyone's going to deny virtually all these guys do it I just find it amusing the Obama's just one of them, admits it and the worshipers still bow down as if he presents anything different.

He's just another Chicago Democratic pol. Admitting is the first step to recovery.
You will never get an Obama supporter to admit to anything Obama has done that is shady and he has done his share. That is why I could never vote for him. He is no different than all the rest of the corrupt politicians in Washington DC. One positive about his inexperience having been only around DC as long as he has is that he has had less time to fill his pockets with corrupt money. I am sure if he had been around longer he would have continued in his lying, corruption, and been up to par with the rest of the yahoos that call themselves servants of the people.

I find Obama supporters, Hillary supporters, and yes McCain supporters for the most part to be sheep. There are only a few supporters here that speak with some real intelligence when it comes to their support of their candidate and they know who they are. Those people I have great respect for because they have thought it through. They have weighed the good and the bad, the things that will benefit them and the things that won't. They then have made an intelligent decision. I may not agree with them but at least they are going in with open eyes and did the right thing when casting their vote. Other than these few the rest are blind followers that have no real free thinking to speak of. They jump on the bandwagon, make excuses for their candidate's corruption, back door dealings, pork barrel spending, dishonesty, because they can't see their candidate with their brain but rather their emotions. They believe everything the candidate says as the gospel, never question anything because once again that would take real intelligence and wisdom to decipher what is real and what is make believe.

I know I will get beat up for this and all sides will moan and groan about this and about that. It does not bother me because I am not a little sheep and that is what I would expect from sheep, baa, baa, baa all the way home. All I can say is that you all expect change and you will get the same thing with a different twist. Why do you expect to get any different results out of Washington DC when you all elect the same corrupt politicians every election. I have done the same thing up until the last 2 elections and I am done, I will no longer be a part of the problem. Until a viable candidate that stands for real change, real reform, in Washington DC becomes a candidate I will sit out presidential elections/politics, and that is from any party, it makes no difference to me.

Well I will step down from my soapbox now. I am just so tired of the same old thing that Washington DC put out there and I only wish more people were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections