Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2023, 03:11 PM

8,753 posts, read 5,048,222 times

Advertisements

Listened to Trumps speech in NH to kick off his campaign. WOW what a difference from what we have now. Trump`s speech and voice were strong, and made you have faith in our country again. He was right on point, from energy to schools, to trans competing against women, and of course our boaders. I love this guy, who puts Americans first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2023, 03:35 PM

29,813 posts, read 24,895,387 times
It's really sad if Trump is the only good thing we have going for our country anymore. He made a lot of snowflakes uncomfortable, and that's a shame, but sometimes doing the right thing is uncomfortable. Not to mention hard. But if the choice is between Biden and Trump in the next election, I'm not even going to think twice about it. I'm all in for Trump again if it comes to that, because I would never subject my nation and it's people to another four years of stagnation and malaise. If Trump is what it takes to get this nation back on the winning track again towards freedom, independence and prosperity, than so be it.

However, I do think DeSantis is the safe bet for victory. We know what we are going to get with Trump, and there are a fair number of people who are going to hate him and anyone who supports him. We will have division just like we have today and during Trump's 1st four years in office. With DeSantis, I think we would see more unity and a greater sense of shared prosperity for the masses. But by the time I get to vote, I will not have a choice between Trump or DeSantis. I will have to select whoever wins the primaries.

I haven't listened to Trump speak in a long time. I don't really need to. I already know what he stands for. With Biden, what he stands for is what he is told to stand for. As Elon Musk correctly stated, who ever controls Biden's teleprompter controls Biden. That's downright silly to have a leader operate that way. In fact, you can't call Biden a leader at all. He's a follower. People tell him what to say, what direction to walk, when to solute the marines, and his wife has to lead him around everywhere because he gets lost. The Biden administration is a complete cringe fest.

Old 01-28-2023, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
It's really sad if Trump is the only good thing we have going for us anymore. He made a lot of snowflakes uncomfortable, and that's a shame, but sometimes doing the right thing is uncomfortable. Not to mention hard. But if the choice is between Biden and Trump in the next election, I'm not even going to think twice about it. I'm all in for Trump again if it comes to that, because I would never subject my nation and it's people to another four years of stagnation and malaise. If Trump is what it takes to get this nation back on the winning track again towards freedom, independence and prosperity, than so be it.

However, I do think DeSantis is the safe bet for victory. We know what we are going to get with Trump, and there are a fair number of people who are going to hate him and anyone who supports him. We will have division just like we have today and during Trump's 1st four years in office. With DeSantis, I think we would see more unity and a greater sense of shared prosperity for the masses. But by the time I get to vote, I will not have a choice between Trump or DeSantis. I will have to select whoever wins the primaries.
Trump is his own worst enemy.....but he would get us back on track......if not Trump, I am all in for DeSantis.

Old 01-28-2023, 05:31 PM

29,813 posts, read 24,895,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Trump is his own worst enemy.....but he would get us back on track......if not Trump, I am all in for DeSantis.

So far as I know, DeSantis hasn't announced he is running. I could see a situation where Trump runs in 2024 and DeSantis waits till 2028. The GOP doesn't have a whole lot else to really offer that would get people enthusiastic about voting for a republican, and that's a shame. While the democrat party sucks, the GOP blows. Neither party is worthy of praise. That's why an outsider like Trump was able to steamroll right into the white house. Enough people got fed up with the 2 parties and everything they had to offer, and decided to vote for a dark horse candidate.

Old 01-28-2023, 05:49 PM

7,911 posts, read 3,456,890 times
Time magazine says:

Trump Delivers Bitter Speech Filled With Falsehoods in New Hampshire

Our media is broken.

https://time.com/6251020/trump-new-h...ampaign-trail/

Old 01-28-2023, 06:16 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,992,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Time magazine says:

Trump Delivers Bitter Speech Filled With Falsehoods in New Hampshire

Our media is broken.

https://time.com/6251020/trump-new-h...ampaign-trail/
Hmm. Actually, if you look at the specifics in the article, this certainly seems like an accurate assessment.

Old 01-28-2023, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
So far as I know, DeSantis hasn't announced he is running. I could see a situation where Trump runs in 2024 and DeSantis waits till 2028. The GOP doesn't have a whole lot else to really offer that would get people enthusiastic about voting for a republican, and that's a shame. While the democrat party sucks, the GOP blows. Neither party is worthy of praise. That's why an outsider like Trump was able to steamroll right into the white house. Enough people got fed up with the 2 parties and everything they had to offer, and decided to vote for a dark horse candidate.
There is Nikki Haley, Ted Cruz, if they decide to run.....both better then any dem.

Old 01-28-2023, 08:11 PM

17,373 posts, read 14,626,192 times
Eh. I'm looking forward to a knock down, drag out Republican primary season.

Fight it out. Duke it out.

I'm here for it. Because the winner will be stronger for it.

Old 01-28-2023, 08:33 PM

9,373 posts, read 6,972,249 times
Ronny D is going to mop the floor with him. The debates are going to be a blood bath.

Old 01-28-2023, 09:07 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,002,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Listened to Trumps speech in NH to kick off his campaign. WOW what a difference from what we have now. Trump`s speech and voice were strong, and made you have faith in our country again. He was right on point, from energy to schools, to trans competing against women, and of course our boaders. I love this guy, who puts Americans first.
I thought his appearance at the South Carolina State Capitol was to kick off his campaign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections