Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 03:45 PM

524 posts, read 839,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuszu View Post
The only person who is running for office who seems to have a lot of integrity, who speaks his mind, and who really represents rational stances on the key issues is Ron Paul... but we all know how effective that's been for him
Yeah, if only that guy didn't come across as a loon he could have been a serious threat to the 2 remaining candidates....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 03:49 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
The House Judiciary Committee pressed its investigation of possible political influence in Justice Department prosecutions on Thursday by issuing a subpoena to Karl Rove, the former chief political operative at the Bush White House.
The Presidents advisors are under no obligation/command to answer question by the congress. In this situation, "W" has complete authority to hire and FIRE at will, with NO reason required. I think the courts will (as they have in the past) find in the presidents favor. Co-equal branches of government? You've heard of that, haven't you?

Quote:
And his young start
Rove acknowledges that, in 1970, he used a false identity to gain entry to the campaign offices of Illinois Democrat Alan Dixon, who was running for state treasurer. Once inside, Rove swiped some letterhead stationery and sent out 1,000 bogus invitations to the opening of the candidate's headquarters promising "free beer, free food, girls and a good time for nothing."
37 years ago. Young and silly. Sounds like a funny political prank. Was he arrested? Charged? Convicted?

Old 05-29-2008, 04:03 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,004,817 times
So even though he cited the entire article it is not credible because why???

Old 05-29-2008, 04:13 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,670,066 times
Keep in mind, this is an Op-Ed piece.

Quoted below is the "revisionist history" Obama is being accused of, summarized (statements about a week after another regarding Rev Wright). I don't think it's what it's being advertised as in the article. Basically as Rev. Wrights statements became more and more inflamed, and as he sought publicity for those statements, Obama's censure of him became stronger.

The "Revisionist History" after that relates to Flag Pins, which I'm not even going to address, because I think the whole flag pin issue is ridiculous.

Quote:
"like an old uncle who sometimes will say things that I don't agree with."

"I don't think my church is actually particularly controversial,"

Mr. Obama's spokesman said the senator "deeply disagrees" with Rev. Wright's statements, but "now that he is retired, that doesn't detract from Sen. Obama's affection for Rev. Wright or his appreciation for the good works he has done."

"The statements that Rev. Wright made that are the cause of this controversy were not statements I personally heard him preach while I sat in the pews of Trinity or heard him utter in private conversation." "In fairness to him, this was sort of a greatest hits. They basically culled five or six sermons out of 30 years of preaching."

The statments "denigrate both the greatness and the goodness of our nation." But Mr. Obama went on to say, "I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother. ."

"had he not acknowledged that what he had said had deeply offended . . . then I wouldn't have felt comfortable staying there at the church."

"[W]hatever relationship I had with Rev. Wright has changed, as a consequence of this. I don't think that he showed much concern for me. More importantly, I don't think he showed much concern for what we are trying to do in this campaign . . . ."

Old 05-29-2008, 04:18 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,176,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuszu View Post
Yes Obama has lied, so has Hillary, and lastly so has McCain.
Obama doesn't seem like "new politics" when you post this....

Old 05-29-2008, 04:21 PM

524 posts, read 839,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The Presidents advisors are under no obligation/command to answer question by the congress. In this situation, "W" has complete authority to hire and FIRE at will, with NO reason required. I think the courts will (as they have in the past) find in the presidents favor. Co-equal branches of government? You've heard of that, haven't you?

37 years ago. Young and silly. Sounds like a funny political prank. Was he arrested? Charged? Convicted?
Great job, Sanrene.

I actually thought that prank he pulled was hilarious. Anybody else?

Old 05-29-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Keep in mind, this is an Op-Ed piece
But the quotes were from Obama.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:56 PM

580 posts, read 1,681,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Obama's Revisionist History - WSJ.com

But other, much more troubling, episodes have provided a revealing glimpse into a candidate who instinctively resorts to parsing, evasions and misdirection. The saga over Rev. Jeremiah Wright is Exhibit A. In just 62 days, Americans were treated to eight different explanations.
I support Hillary Clinton

That article just showed many reasons why Barack Obama is unprepared to be the President of the United States, I think many have got caught up in the word " change " and other things.... re-think your vote for America

Woot Vote for Hillary

Old 05-30-2008, 06:59 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,670,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
But the quotes were from Obama.
And I gave my analysis of the quotes. But, as an op-ed piece, this is not exactly going to be a non-slanted view, which is why I threw that in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone666 View Post
Great job, Sanrene.

I actually thought that prank he pulled was hilarious. Anybody else?
Yeah, using a fake name to steal from a candidate with the intent of disputing his largest rally so he will lose the election, just hilarious.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Yeah, using a fake name to steal from a candidate with the intent of disputing his largest rally so he will lose the election, just hilarious.
Remember 2004? When Kerry supporters went around slashing the tires of cars that were intended to shuttle VOTERS to the polls?

Were you outraged then?

Or, how about this group?

Union Ally ACORN Produces Vote Fraud in Missouri, Elsewhere (http://www.nlpc.org/view.asp?action=viewArticle&aid=1859 - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections