Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 04:11 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,645,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Let's have just a wee bit of intellectual honesty here, OK?

How would you all feel if McCain has released just a "statement" from his doctor? That would have been ok with you?

See, this is the kind of stuff I detest about dems/libs. They have such a double standard with stuff like this.
I would be a little wary of a one-pager from McCain seeing as how he is a good deal older and been through some of life's harder situations. Obama opponents such as yourselves like to harp on the man's former smoking habit. But the fact remains that he is cancer free while Mr. McCain has already had to endure a bout with cancer. Just accept the fact that as far a health goes, Obama most assuredly has McCain beat hands down. Now lets get over this petty attempt at political sabotage and get into some real issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 04:17 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,658,282 times
McCain was a 2 pack a day smoker for 25 years.

I'd still take a detailed one-page summary from either.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:18 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,645,342 times
Did not know that about McCain, but I appreciate that little wrinkle of knowledge.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:34 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,143,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Love it--It's the ultimate reality tv show. The running joke that opens the show? "If you have an election lasting more than four hours, see your doctor right away!"

And why stop at 3 episodes? They could test stress responses to a 3 a.m. phone call. Make them run up and down the steps of the capital.

The vision test could feature a map of the middle east...the candidates get a chance to discuss the war while proving they can see things on a map. The reflex test gives them a chance to discuss economic plans.

Several shows can focus on MRI scans, x-rays, and lab tests-a-mundo. It really would be interesting to do a side by side comparison of their x-rays. And as I said in another post, you know who's going to have the bowels that still look "squeaky clean."

We still need a good title though. Hmmmmm.....
I smell money. Especially in that tag line up top Working on a title....

Old 05-29-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Love it--It's the ultimate reality tv show. The running joke that opens the show? "If you have an election lasting more than four hours, see your doctor right away!"

And why stop at 3 episodes? They could test stress responses to a 3 a.m. phone call. Make them run up and down the steps of the capital.

The vision test could feature a map of the middle east...the candidates get a chance to discuss the war while proving they can see things on a map. The reflex test gives them a chance to discuss economic plans.

Several shows can focus on MRI scans, x-rays, and lab tests-a-mundo. It really would be interesting to do a side by side comparison of their x-rays. And as I said in another post, you know who's going to have the bowels that still look "squeaky clean."

We still need a good title though. Hmmmmm.....
I like that you take them out of the studio. Much more likely they'll agree to do the show wouldnt you say?

Re "squeaky clean" - test results can be accompanied by illustrative sound effects.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:40 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,658,282 times
Sounds good, throw in some washed up reality stars/talking heads to give sarcastic one liners and we're golden.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:03 PM

Im having a hard time with a title.

"Squeaky or Sludgy?" <-- can be applied to any of the tests as a thumbs up-thumbs down rating

"120/80 Pennsylvania Avenue "

"Diagnosis: WIN"

"Presidential Timber" (or, grosser, "Presidential Material")

"Ovaloscopy"

Old 05-29-2008, 05:52 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,939,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I like that you take them out of the studio. Much more likely they'll agree to do the show wouldnt you say?
Here's the beauty of it--it wouldn't take that much of the candidate's time. They have to allot a certain amount of time to a physical anyway.

A lot of the filming would be showing how much exercise they get in their normal routine. For example, Barack runs 3 miles a day anyway, you could film that.

All you'd have to do is talk both of them into spending a day, at most, being filmed doing certain stunts (running up and down the steps, etc.). The bulk of the shows would be doctors discussing the findings, taking long looks at every single x-ray, interviews with celebrities (arguing about what it all means), skits, etc.

Look at how much filler they use to stretch out American Idol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Re "squeaky clean" - test results can be accompanied by illustrative sound effects.
Oh my!

Old 05-29-2008, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Here's the beauty of it--it wouldn't take that much of the candidate's time. They have to allot a certain amount of time to a physical anyway.
And it gets them out before the viewers, intimately, for no money on their part. I dont see how they can turn down this opportunity, frankly.

Quote:
A lot of the filming would be showing how much exercise they get in their normal routine. For example, Barack runs 3 miles a day anyway, you could film that.
Yes, and it's cheap for us. The counterweight video would be of McCain...eating a steak, or doing whatever he does. Obama can also walk in and out of the shower room.

Quote:
All you'd have to do is talk both of them into spending a day, at most, being filmed doing certain stunts (running up and down the steps, etc.). The bulk of the shows would be doctors discussing the findings, taking long looks at every single x-ray, interviews with celebrities (arguing about what it all means), skits, etc.
Skits....OMG

How do you like "Ovaloscopy"? As a working title until something better comes along. Oval Office plus prurience plus invasive surgery, everybody's happy.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Oh my!
you know - a slide whistle vs. a foghorn, e.g.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections