U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 12:15 PM

10,630 posts, read 17,980,605 times

Advertisements

Did I ever call you a racist?

I'll take that as a complement, maturity is a good thing.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 12:34 PM

540 posts, read 927,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone666 View Post

I can picture it now: Sen. McCain showing Sen. Obama the ropes, saying things like, "Now that's what we call a Marine" and "See, young man, that's a tank." And so on. "
Somebody needs to take him by the hand to show him how things work. A little while back he said that when he pulls the troops out of Iraq, he will leave behind a contingent of Marines to protect our Embassy and diplomats just like we do at all other embassies around the world. I don't think the six Marines that we have at a typical embassy (that are there for the sole purpose of protecting classified material) are going to do much to protect against the mayhem that would incur IF Obama was to try to pull troops out as promised.

I know it sounds piddly, but everytime Obama opens his mouth I am amazed that people to catch on to just how little he really knows about how things work.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:39 PM

524 posts, read 807,368 times
You may have, I honestly don't pay too much attention to you anymore. You can't argue anything without taking cheap shots. Did someone say something about maturity? Yes, multiple attempts to bait me are very mature, indeed. There is quite a difference between talking about how mature you are and actually acting that way. Your actions simply don't equate with your perception of yourself.

There are some people on here who share your views that I can actually discuss things with intelligently. You seem to be more of the trying-to-fill-a-void-in-my-life, blind follower type. It's quite sad, really.

Agreed, maturity is a good thing. Which is why John McCain will soon be the next President of the United States of America.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:43 PM

I don't try to bait you, I just debate you on what you post. The point of a politics forum, isn't it?

Where was it that you lived in NYC, by the way, you never answered me in the other thread?

Old 05-30-2008, 01:10 PM

Right. As we can see below, your debating skills are stupendous:

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
No, I find it incredibly immature.
Quote:
you're the definition of ostentatious
Quote:
I really have my stereotypes nailed!
Quote:
When I see a H2, I automatically think small penis.
Watch out, James Carville!

I'm not going to get into an argument with you about how great you think you are. Good luck in November!

Old 05-30-2008, 01:13 PM

Oh, and where I lived in NYC is irrelevant. I wasn't the one telling porkies about my fictitious magical neighborhood.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone666 View Post
Oh, and where I lived in NYC is irrelevant. I wasn't the one telling porkies about my fictitious magical neighborhood.
Yup yup, I lied for a year on my city-data account, just to lead up to posts regarding jews and Obama.

It's not irrelevant. Since you claim to have such knowledge of NYC and claim to have lived there, give me the neighborhood? In fact, you asked twice when you thought I didn't answer the first time. I'd like to know to better understand how you think there are no parts of NYC where the majority of the area is both Jewish and Black. You asked the same of me and I answered. You seem to question the fact that the area between Bushwick and Williamsburg has a high population of both Blacks and Jews.

As for the remarks that you all pulled out of 1 post - can't fight the truth.
os·ten·ta·tious
–adjective
1. characterized by or given to pretentious or conspicuous show in an attempt to impress others: an ostentatious dresser.
2. (of actions, manner, qualities exhibited, etc.) intended to attract notice: Lady Bountiful's ostentatious charity.

Last edited by newtoli; 05-30-2008 at 01:25 PM..

Old 05-30-2008, 04:44 PM

439 posts, read 1,183,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trzlucky View Post
Somebody needs to take him by the hand to show him how things work. A little while back he said that when he pulls the troops out of Iraq, he will leave behind a contingent of Marines to protect our Embassy and diplomats just like we do at all other embassies around the world. I don't think the six Marines that we have at a typical embassy (that are there for the sole purpose of protecting classified material) are going to do much to protect against the mayhem that would incur IF Obama was to try to pull troops out as promised.

I know it sounds piddly, but everytime Obama opens his mouth I am amazed that people to catch on to just how little he really knows about how things work.

Did he say he was going to leave six Marines? No he said a contingent, which according to marriam-Webster means: dependent on or conditioned by something else . So im sure if there is a need for more he will leave more.

I dont see why when these people have been fighting for thousands of years and all of a sudden we are going to go in there and change. Thats a nice plan for failure.

If your looking for Maturity god knows McCain has it, he is what almost 80 years old now.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:35 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,239,172 times
To the OP: That's a funny post...

I personally like McCain after reading about his life. People may not like his party affiliation or his political ideologies for whatever reason (he's a moderate like most Americans... but there are SOME issues where he does go against the grain (he's not called Maverick for nothing). But, when it comes down to it he has dedicated his life to serving our country (around +/- 50 years I think) and that's more than most of us can say. So before people start bashing on McCain, you should really do your research on him and the way he has voted on key issues in the past. For those who don't know much about him... don't let the media shape your opinion - read about him from unbiased sources and decide for yourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections