Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 08:58 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times

Advertisements

The progress?

iCasualties: Iraq Coalition Casualty Count (http://icasualties.org/oif/ - broken link)
IRAQ VETERANS FOR PROGRESS POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 09:13 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Foreign Policy: Iraq’s Unheralded Political Progress

Quote:
Amid the recriminations for the lack of political progress, few seem to have noticed what may have been a watershed moment for Iraqi democracy. Indeed, February 13, 2008, might someday be remembered as the day Iraq’s political class finally showed itself capable of compromise and accommodation.
ABC News: Turning Point: The Good News About Iraq

There are more links if you are interested.

You could go find this stuff yourself, but for some reason (and we all know why) I don't think you want to. Perhaps you should get out of your bubble of left-wing talking points and explore a bit.

I will never understand as an American, how one can HOPE for bad things to happen to this country, all for political gain.

You guys keep singing your song - we'll see how it plays in nov. I guess you can only hope things go down the tubes by then.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:17 AM

I do, I read a lot about Iraq, because the whole situation saddens me, and I have friends over there. American and Iraqi deaths for nothing. There is still more bad over there than good.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:22 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,596,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
There have been many, many elected officials that go to Iraq to see for themselves what is going on. Even Pelosi has gone a few times.

Admit it - this is going to HURT him terribly. It already has, ie his insistence that he will be making a trip after being thumped on the head by McCain.

So now you try to discredit the process by claiming that nobody gets the "real deal". Hogwash. More excuses from the Obama apologists on his latest "gaffe".

You keep telling yourself this stuff as McCain rolls over your boy with this issue in the general.

What's his excuse for not talking to the Generals about Iraq? Face it, he doesn't want to know the good news - he might then have to admit he was wrong about the surge.

Can you see the ads? Obama, willing to talk to the nutjob in Iran, unwilling to talk to our own commanders? Love it!

Soo...Which Generals should he talk to? The original Generals, or the greatly watered down versions we're left with now? And before you defend the present Generals you might want to take a look at the Credentials that were tossed by the wayside - these guys were beyond competent - some were legends.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:25 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,596,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Foreign Policy: Iraq’s Unheralded Political Progress

ABC News: Turning Point: The Good News About Iraq

There are more links if you are interested.

You could go find this stuff yourself, but for some reason (and we all know why) I don't think you want to. Perhaps you should get out of your bubble of left-wing talking points and explore a bit.

I will never understand as an American, how one can HOPE for bad things to happen to this country, all for political gain.

You guys keep singing your song - we'll see how it plays in nov. I guess you can only hope things go down the tubes by then.
Mm hmm...Like I mentioned before, the press won't have to tell the good news and we won't have to wonder about motive or political posturing, 4.5 Million refugees returning home will tell us everything we need to know.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Mm hmm...Like I mentioned before, the press won't have to tell the good news and we won't have to wonder about motive or political posturing, 4.5 Million refugees returning home will tell us everything we need to know.
Yeah, but who cares about the dead and displaced Iraqis, right?

Old 05-30-2008, 09:33 AM

439 posts, read 1,232,402 times
I liked McCain before but it seems now he has changed into your typical Prez canidate. He will say whatever to get his base to vote for him, it seems he had more of a stick to your beliefs attitudeyears ago now, i dont like him and pray he is elected. I respect his service, I am in the Nat. Guard, but I think that just because he is a veteran and a American Hero doesnt mean he knows what is best in Iraq. I just do not like his plans, and talking with guys in my unit and accross the state neither do they.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:25 AM

524 posts, read 839,299 times
Nobody else thought that was funny? We need some levity in this place.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone666 View Post
Nobody else thought that was funny? We need some levity in this place.
No, I find it incredibly immature.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:08 PM

524 posts, read 839,299 times
Of course you do. Nothing new there.

Are you not going to call me a racist, too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections