Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 03:57 PM

27,212 posts, read 46,720,608 times

Advertisements

“We don’t have slave masters, we got mayors,” Meeks said then while preaching. “But they are still the same white people who are presiding over systems where black people are not able to be educated. You got some preachers that are house n——. You got some elected officials that are house n——. Rather than them try and break this up, they’re gonna fight you to protect that white man.”

Obama’s Other Pastor Problem - Rev. Meeks | Sweetness & Light (http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:5koXKXCyrA0J:sweetness-light.com/archive/obamas-other-pastor-problem-james-meeks+obama%27s+rev.+meek&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&gl=us - broken link)

Although Meeks was never very close to Obama, last month he was elected as a delegate pledged to Obama.

Another person Obama says he seeks out for spiritual counsel is state Sen. James Meeks, who is also the pastor of Chicago’s Salem Baptist Church. The day after Obama won the primary in March, he stopped by Salem for Wednesday-night Bible study.

“I know that he’s a person of prayer,” Meeks says. “The night after the election, he was the hottest thing going from Galesburg to Rockford. He did all the TV shows, and all the morning news, but his last stop at night was for church. He came by to say thank you, and he came by for prayer.”
For the record, Mr. Meeks is still proudly listed on the Obama campaign site as an endorser. At least as of this hour.

Indeed, since Mr. Meeks is a superdelegate, there is very little chance of Mr. Obama denouncing him or his racism.

If people don't get it by now who Obama is, than they will never get it until it is toooooo late!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 04:03 PM

524 posts, read 839,145 times
Jesus Christ, how many skeletons can one man have? And I though Bill Clinton was bad....

Well done, bentlebee.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone666 View Post
Jesus Christ, how many skeletons can one man have? And I though Bill Clinton was bad....

Well done, bentlebee.
Just saw it on tv and wanted to read more about it. Shocking how many of these creeps and racist are in Obama's life.....scary thought.
Luckily I received an email from a good friend of mine who is a Dem. and wrote me he is going to vote for a Rep. for the first time in his life (he is retired at a "normal" age, so he has voted many, many times in his life), if Obama will be the nominee, so there are wise people.

I'm a rep. and can't stand Obama and that hasn't anything to do with color, but just with him having such a lack of judgment. Condaleeza Rice would have been a good candidate.....

Old 05-30-2008, 04:29 PM

692 posts, read 1,731,576 times
When did priests start praying for one political candidate over another. Monsignor Jim Lisante also goes after Obama for staying at his church for 20 years. But the monsignor does not explain why he is still a member of a church that covered up child sexual abuse for decades. If he can question someone for staying on the rolls, he can be questioned about staying with a church that aloowed abusers to go free and innocent children to be hurt.

GOP Priest Attacks Obama In Invocation

GOP Priest Attacks Obama In Invocation - Politics on The Huffington Post

Old 05-30-2008, 04:35 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,374,384 times
More desperation nonsense about Obama, our next President. Quite pathetic.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:38 PM

439 posts, read 1,232,049 times
Basiclly if a person ever shook Obamas hand and says something it's on him. I laugh at the amount of time Fox spends on Obama and his problems.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonredsock5 View Post
Basiclly if a person ever shook Obamas hand and says something it's on him. I laugh at the amount of time Fox spends on Obama and his problems.
Maybe you laugh about it, but I wonder how much longer you will laugh if all these creeps are inside the White House.....don't start to cry and blame others if you have the chance to think about it and use your brains while it can!

Old 05-30-2008, 05:34 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,926,642 times
Quote:
I laugh at the amount of time Fox spends on Obama and his problems.
It's not just on Fox. Mathews was talking about it on hardball, even played the tape. CNN had a segment on it as well. And I don't need to tell you it is all over the net.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:45 PM

955 posts, read 2,156,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
It's not just on Fox. Mathews was talking about it on hardball, even played the tape. CNN had a segment on it as well. And I don't need to tell you it is all over the net.
David Gregory's show spent a lot of time on it tonight. When the pundits continue to scold Hillary for remaining in the race (pardon me, I hope I have not offended anyone), it seems like a pretty good strategy in this sense. She understands that if every week, there is another reverend, another terrorist, another real estate guy with questionable dealings, suddenly it really does add up to a complete and overwhelming vote of no confidence.

This Chinese water torture drip, drip, drip is hurting him badly.

Last edited by UpperPeninsulaRon; 05-30-2008 at 06:07 PM..

Old 05-30-2008, 05:57 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times
I agree. This stuff is all over the MS media.

When Hillary said Obama had never been vetted, she was right. Everyone seemed to think that she did the vetting -- but no. Vetting is much, much harder. When the vetting process is over, Obama will be at least as sleezy as McCain and Clinton, if not MORE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections