Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 09:01 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,210,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
you may just may get your chance. Enjoy and we shall discuss in 4 1/2 years. Once the election is over I shall return to the more mundane aspects of life. If you are correct then we will have 12 consecutive years of rhetoric gone undone so we should be use to it.
That's really setting the bar high for a guy who's claimed the be the one who can bring real change to Washington.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 01:18 PM

15,402 posts, read 29,040,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Citing a story in a Texas newspaper headlined “Many Republicans to Vote for Obama," Limbaugh told listeners this week: “I understand I've got a big challenge here to try to get Republicans to change their minds on this and vote for Hillary to keep her in the race, to keep that party at war with itself . . .

“It's clear that Republicans in Texas have been listening to this program where we have advised Republicans to pimp themselves for a day and go vote in the Democrat primary . . . I just think, at this stage, the longer Hillary can stay in this, the better for us.”

Newsmax.com - Limbaugh Urges Republicans to Vote for Hillary (http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/republicans_vote_hillary/2008/02/28/76379.html - broken link)
Can't blame 'em. It's a variation on the sceme that worked so well in the last election, remember? Ralph Nader siphoned votes away from Gore.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:07 AM

532 posts, read 861,683 times
Thumbs down Then we are in deep trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Hillary has NOT gotten a raw deal, are you kidding? The media was all on her side when it appeared she was the frontrunner. Every win was embellished when she wasn't. She was given the utmost of consideration, promoted as the candidate with a chance when she had none.

A 3rd candidate? There isn't a candidate alive who is better than Obama. This is HIS year. He's our next President.
So many candidates would be better than Obama. It's very sad that people don't do their research, and find the really qualified candidates out there--not that it would do much good, as they wouldn't stand a chance with the liberal media. I don't dislike Obama. I think he is probably a sincere man--but not ready to be our President. I guess I understand your obsession with him, as an idol--but idols usually have clay feet. We need to quit thinking of a potential President as a movie star image--but rather as an expreienced, honest person who cares about the future of our country.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:20 AM

1,343 posts, read 5,183,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
This woman was outgunned, outsmarted from the start. She thought she was entitled and didn't care about the voters in MI and FL. She didn't even care about blue-collar voters, which is why she didn't cater to them until it was evident that they were the only people supporting the non-black candidate. She is quite pathetic. I am frankly sick of the gutter level that she represents and today, it was again evident that this is Obama's time. She needs to stand aside or be kicked out. She will NOT be VP.

Those of you opposing Obama need to wake up, address your flawed judgment. Barack Obama is the greatest candidate for this office to come along in recent memory. This is Obama's year. Recognize that!

This has been a good day for this Obama supporter.
Yes, it has!!!

Old 06-02-2008, 12:55 AM

826 posts, read 1,630,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roberta View Post
So many candidates would be better than Obama. It's very sad that people don't do their research, and find the really qualified candidates out there--not that it would do much good, as they wouldn't stand a chance with the liberal media. I don't dislike Obama. I think he is probably a sincere man--but not ready to be our President. I guess I understand your obsession with him, as an idol--but idols usually have clay feet. We need to quit thinking of a potential President as a movie star image--but rather as an expreienced, honest person who cares about the future of our country.
Obama won't win the nomination. Period. I could think of tons of other choices that the US would vote for over Obama. To name a few - a giraffe, a dinosaur, a mouse, and MAYBE..just maybe..in a "dead heat" contest...a brick.

Old 06-02-2008, 04:15 PM

268 posts, read 101,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yes. However I support Hill&Bill in their efforts to rip apart the dem party and batter and bruise Obama.
I only support those who succeed at doing something; not their attempts - they failed.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:08 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,079,608 times
Quote:
I only support those who succeed at doing something; not their attempts - they failed.
But it's not over yet. We won't know the true results of the clinton's efforts to rip apart the party til Wed after Nov election.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:58 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,918,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash83 View Post
Obama won't win the nomination. Period. I could think of tons of other choices that the US would vote for over Obama. To name a few - a giraffe, a dinosaur, a mouse, and MAYBE..just maybe..in a "dead heat" contest...a brick.
Please don't degrade a brick by comparing it to the empty shell Obama.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:30 PM

268 posts, read 101,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
But it's not over yet. We won't know the true results of the clinton's efforts to rip apart the party til Wed after Nov election.
One day later and she's conceding and wants to be VP. So how she gonna rip da potty?

Old 06-03-2008, 03:20 PM

15,402 posts, read 29,040,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleomayline View Post
one Day Later And She's Conceding And Wants To Be Vp. So How She Gonna Rip Da Potty?
Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections