Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 08:20 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,408,289 times

Advertisements

This woman was outgunned, outsmarted from the start. She thought she was entitled and didn't care about the voters in MI and FL. She didn't even care about blue-collar voters, which is why she didn't cater to them until it was evident that they were the only people supporting the non-black candidate. She is quite pathetic. I am frankly sick of the gutter level that she represents and today, it was again evident that this is Obama's time. She needs to stand aside or be kicked out. She will NOT be VP.

Those of you opposing Obama need to wake up, address your flawed judgment. Barack Obama is the greatest candidate for this office to come along in recent memory. This is Obama's year. Recognize that!

This has been a good day for this Obama supporter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 08:30 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,929,092 times
Hillary has absolutely no credibility. The Sniper Fire incident was the icing on the cake for me. Now, she has all of these Clinton-ites trying to sell their MI & FL fantasy as the way the delegates should be seated. If she won todays decision, then they'd have to sell the party on why they should view popular votes instead of delegates. That is the only way she can win at this point. She appears willing to stoop to any level to gain power. I feel sorry for anyone that believes in her and her "not so well oiled" propoganda machine.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:07 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,939,929 times
It ain't over till it over. He does not have the nomination yet. The numbers just got raised and he wouldn't win it in the state primaries by state delegates.Super deleagtes can annunce but it noit set until they vote at the comvention. Ask teddy kennedy.Afterall he is being given deleagtes in florida and michigan withut ever beiing on the ballot or get one vote.She's making the same agrument Al Gore made if she has the most popular votes really. Remember;I've been robbed.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:14 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,994,056 times
Don't count your chickens yet. One shouldn't do that when you are dealing with the clintons.

I would like to see her take it to the convention floor, which I think she threatened to do today via Ickes.

I could not think of a better scenario.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:17 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,841,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Don't count your chickens yet. One shouldn't do that when you are dealing with the clintons.

I would like to see her take it to the convention floor, which I think she threatened to do today via Ickes.

I could not think of a better scenario.
You must be a Republican...I agree with your statement that you must be very cautious when dealing with the power hungry Clintons.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:19 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,557,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
This woman was outgunned, outsmarted from the start. She thought she was entitled and didn't care about the voters in MI and FL. She didn't even care about blue-collar voters, which is why she didn't cater to them until it was evident that they were the only people supporting the non-black candidate. She is quite pathetic. I am frankly sick of the gutter level that she represents and today, it was again evident that this is Obama's time. She needs to stand aside or be kicked out. She will NOT be VP.

Those of you opposing Obama need to wake up, address your flawed judgment. Barack Obama is the greatest candidate for this office to come along in recent memory. This is Obama's year. Recognize that!

This has been a good day for this Obama supporter.
Well, needless to say a lot of your post is idiotic and gloating over the fact she lost. That says a lot about you.

However, it is true the nomination was hers to lose and she ran a terrible race. She could have easily beaten Obama but putzed it up pretty badly.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:21 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,994,056 times
Quote:
You must be a Republican
Yes. However I support Hill&Bill in their efforts to rip apart the dem party and batter and bruise Obama.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:33 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,441,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
It ain't over till it over. He does not have the nomination yet. The numbers just got raised and he wouldn't win it in the state primaries by state delegates.Super deleagtes can annunce but it noit set until they vote at the comvention. Ask teddy kennedy.Afterall he is being given deleagtes in florida and michigan withut ever beiing on the ballot or get one vote.She's making the same agrument Al Gore made if she has the most popular votes really. Remember;I've been robbed.
You are only half correct. Obama was on the ballot in Fla, it was Mi where his name did not appear.

BTW, to compare a party held primary with a federal election is just plain ridiculous.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:59 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,425,664 times
I do not want someone as president who is that obessed with power.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:11 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,939,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
You are only half correct. Obama was on the ballot in Fla, it was Mi where his name did not appear.

BTW, to compare a party held primary with a federal election is just plain ridiculous.
But the same principal aplies let the voters decide is what they said and what hilary is saying. After all he will not get the nomination without the super deleagtes and she still maybe the have gotten the most primary votes.That means that he may have gotten less votes;have not gotten to the require number of stae delagtes but wins with supre deleagtes from the elite of the party. actually worse than the 2000 election. In fact he got deleagtes without getting any votes in to states. If Gore got robbed she certainly got armed in the backroom at the DNC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections