Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 07:11 PM

237 posts, read 300,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Why would America want to follow the lead of some racist backwards back woods state that doesn't even matter to the country? And Puerto Rico cannot even vote in November so nobody cares about them,

not so fast, old lizard, seems puerto ricans in the island reflect the voting of those on mainland u.s. I see serious mistake by Borak not to campaign in the island because of the that. backwards state? you forgot to mention a few more. give you a a hand: north carolina, mississippi, labamy, gogia, sa carolina,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 07:14 PM

237 posts, read 300,443 times
Quote:
STATES of the USA that DONT MATTER AT ALL:
1. West Virgina
2. Kentucky
3. Montana
4. Wyoming
5. North Dakota
6. South Dakota
BECAUSE NOBODY LIVES THERE!
you are wrong on your number one. seems you dont know that much about election history after all, no mattter how much you pretending to. west va seems to be a bellwether state, just like ohio. wyoming doesnt quite belong in the list, but almost.but i d leave it out.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:14 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,851,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nail in da coffin View Post
not so fast, old lizard, seems puerto ricans in the island reflect the voting of those on mainland u.s. I see serious mistake by Borak not to campaign in the island because of the that. backwards state? you forgot to mention a few more. give you a a hand: north carolina, mississippi, labamy, gogia, sa carolina,
Listen my friends, if you want Puerto Rico to vote for the President of the USA, I will join you in that effort. I would love to have PR vote in the Electorial College and have 2 Senate seats and however many Congressional seats they would be entitled to. A great idea because about 90% of them are DEMOCRATS and the ones that live here will vote for Obama anyway. I am not even worried about that. John McCain can change his name to Juan McCain and they still will not vote for him!
And I fully agree with you on the states you mention but they count because people live there

Old 06-01-2008, 08:38 PM

31,702 posts, read 41,178,320 times
Well said

Old 06-02-2008, 01:59 AM

938 posts, read 2,907,574 times
Quote:
Why would America want to follow the lead of some racist backwards back woods state that doesn't even matter to the country? And Puerto Rico cannot even vote in November so nobody cares about them,
I'm not sure what I find more humorous. The irony of a person presenting themselves as against prejudiced thinking painting an entire state as nothing more than backwoods and useless....or the fact that WV is the reason this person is able to have the electricity to use the computer the above message was typed on.

God bless stupid people.....

Of course if you actually think any one of the viable candidates running in this election are any better or worse that their competitors, you are just gullible. As such, said people shouldn't be calling ANYONE out. They are all incompetent politicians. Just like every president since I've been born. You should all read the WV forum. We are having fun laughing at all of you. Politics is such a waste of time and effort. It's the same **** every four years, just slightly different shapes and sizes...

Last edited by WVUPharm2007; 06-02-2008 at 02:09 AM..

Old 06-02-2008, 02:44 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,464,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Seems like the good citizens of Kentucky, West Virginia and Puerto Rico have figured it out. Why shouldn't the Super Delgates follow their lead and nominate Hillary. It is all about what works in America and those states can lead us to what works yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Woot
Hillary

Get real. There is a reason those states are very late in the process. They don't matter. I believe all selected Bush in '04, so therefore it is incredibly foolish to follow their will. They always choose the WRONG CANDIDATE.

Old 06-02-2008, 04:45 AM

1,242 posts, read 2,466,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Get real. There is a reason those states are very late in the process. They don't matter. I believe all selected Bush in '04, so therefore it is incredibly foolish to follow their will. They always choose the WRONG CANDIDATE.
In your very narrow-minded opinion.

Old 06-02-2008, 05:04 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,851,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUPharm2007 View Post
I'm not sure what I find more humorous. The irony of a person presenting themselves as against prejudiced thinking painting an entire state as nothing more than backwoods and useless....or the fact that WV is the reason this person is able to have the electricity to use the computer the above message was typed on.

God bless stupid people.....

Of course if you actually think any one of the viable candidates running in this election are any better or worse that their competitors, you are just gullible. As such, said people shouldn't be calling ANYONE out. They are all incompetent politicians. Just like every president since I've been born. You should all read the WV forum. We are having fun laughing at all of you. Politics is such a waste of time and effort. It's the same **** every four years, just slightly different shapes and sizes...
That is funny considering probably most of W VA doesn't have electricity itself!

Old 06-02-2008, 05:29 AM

Quote:
That is funny considering probably most of W VA doesn't have electricity itself!
What the hell are you talking about? This isn't 1937. Are you seriously that nescient of the world around you or are you just trying to get a rise out of people?

Old 06-02-2008, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
When has there ever been a "right" candidate? Wouldn't that prerequisite have to exist in order for one to chose the "wrong" candidate? Really, what are these candidates? Bizarre caricatures of human beings whose entire job surrounds around deliberate creation of a publically palatable facade? At least Bush was honest. He's a dimwitted idiot that likes bombing people. Oddly he was able to win the votes of people with said facade...but, whatever. It's not like those doofuses Kerry or Gore would have done any better. It's huge, regrettable failure vs some other huge, regrettable failure. You have one group consisting of a hundred million people that can't think for themselves voting for one guy representing their chosen group versus another hundred million who also can't think for themselves supporting the other guy from their group. Every 4 years. Like a never ending cycle. I'm not even sure what the point is.

Last edited by WVUPharm2007; 06-02-2008 at 05:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections