Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 07:40 PM

690 posts, read 1,015,987 times

Advertisements

Are you angry MI and FL got 1/2 a delegate vote?
Do you think the DNC was not fair?

Well you should watch/listen to this one!

YouTube - Bill Clinton on Florida and Michigan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 07:42 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,082,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanmaxx Brian View Post
Are you angry MI and FL got 1/2 a delegate vote?
Do you think the DNC was not fair?

Well you should watch/listen to this one!

YouTube - Bill Clinton on Florida and Michigan

Yes, I think they should have stood their ground and not granted any relief to the woes of the poor states that broke with the party.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:44 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,617,039 times
You cannot penalized the voters for what a few morons decide to do.

Re vote both of them and lets see where the chips fall, its the only fair way.

Sure Fl and Mi broke the rules, but the rules committee just broke the rules they made by doing this.

A total RE VOTE is the only way.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:45 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,082,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post

Sure Fl and Mi broke the rules, but the rules committee just broke the rules they made by doing this.

yes, yes the privately run party can do what it wants. you are just wrong on this.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:47 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,553,445 times
Am I angry?

No.

However, it was a decision decidedly slanted for Obama. And I get that. He's leading, has this thing wrapped up and it was a way for the DNC to stick the fork into Hillary.

But it's called "politics" for a reason. And this is one of those reasons.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:53 PM

690 posts, read 1,015,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post

No...it either stays like this or they get nothing. They broke the rules. Plain and simple.
Moving the goal post after is cheating.
Offering 1/2 a vote was a gift to unite. And in my opinion, they should not have even done that!

Hillfans keep saying the VOTE...the vote!
Do you really think there is any accuracy in that so called event they held?
If someone told my my vote wasn't going to count....I would not have voted!
So you say 2.3 million people voted blah blah blah. Well can you imagine how many people would have voted if they did not break the rules?
And MI...that is an even bigger mess because Dems could vote republican! And if you were a smart Dem, you would vote for the easier person to beat!

This whole thing is a mess I agree.
However it really is done now and it really is time for the Hillary fans to stop and think before they vote McSame. Think about the issues...
Think with your head and not with your heart.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:21 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,840,727 times
Quote:
No...it either stays like this or they get nothing. They broke the rules. Plain and simple.
Offering 1/2 a vote was a gift to unite. And in my opinion, they should not have even done that!

So you say 2.3 million people voted blah blah blah. Well can you imagine how many people would have voted if they did not break the rules?
And MI...that is an even bigger mess because Dems could vote republican! And if you were a smart Dem, you would vote for the easier person to beat!

However it really is done now and it really is time for the Hillary fans to stop and think before they vote McSame. Think about the issues...
It's easy for people when passions and tempers are high to announce that they will cross over and vote for the other party. It happens all the time. Now I'm not saying there won't be any Hilliary supporters jumping over for McCain, but when the dust settles I think many will still vote for Obama.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:29 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,436,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALteacher View Post
It's easy for people when passions and tempers are high to announce that they will cross over and vote for the other party. It happens all the time. Now I'm not saying there won't be any Hilliary supporters jumping over for McCain, but when the dust settles I think many will still vote for Obama.
Of course most Clinton supporters will come over to Obama. They just need some time to get over their disappointment. Once they weigh the issues and see what a disaster 4 more years of Bush policies will bring, they will make the right choice. Obama, in all his graciousness, will accept them with open arms as he unites the party.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:32 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,346,879 times
It's laughably ironic that Florida and Michigan thought they were so clever bumping their primaries up to the holiday, but have been rewarded for their cleverness by having their voting clout circumcized.

Those buffoons should be glad that they get any votes at all.

The booing at yesterday's DNC zoofest should rightfully have been directed at the baboons who chaired FL and MI...

Old 06-01-2008, 09:35 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,617,039 times
Quote:

I am sorry, the PEOPLE did not break the rules, the democratic leaders broke the rules.

Just shows the democratic party dont care about you and your vote.
Why send everyone to jail when only a select few broke the rules.
I say those who made those decisions should be fired and a re vote done.

The people were screwed, thats a fact.

Poor decisions by the democratic party is becoming common.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections