Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 12:09 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,817,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Well, well, well. This thread has certainly grown with nasty Obamaphiles!

And you know why your rants are like toilet tissue to me (and likely others)? Because you try to frame people the way YOU want to frame them and avoid reality altogether. You bring up the stupid abortion argument when I have repeatedly said I'm pro life; you call me a "bad Democrat" when I have clearly said I've been an Independent since the Kerry fiasco; you call me a hypocrite on "issues" when I have stated time and time again that I don't believe the campaign promises of ANY of the candidates and I am voting for the person I believe is most competent and politically savvy to get at least some things done. Obama likes the rallies and chants but, when that's all done, he would be lost. And we see from his choice of radical friends that his advisors would be fringe characters who don't have the capacity to work on behalf of ALL Americans.

In short, y'all have NO CREDIBILITY and the mob mentality is off-putting. But, carry on, even though this thread wasn't directed toward y'all. The more vitriolic and off-base your "arguments" are, the more certain you make me that I would NEVER want to be associated with Obama or his thuggish "movement."
Ouch.....bitter. Perhaps a little tea might ease the feelings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 12:11 PM

289 posts, read 363,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoAdrian View Post
If you want government-run health care, you can always move to Canada.
Hey I live in Canada an am proud of it. We don't pay a penny for our health care or doctor visits. Our drugs are mandated too. That's why so many of you Americans come to Canada to buy your drugs. Each Province is different but the one I live in we pay 0 for our health care. No monthly amount 0. So do your investigating before slamming another Country when you obviously don't know a thing about the Health Care in Canada.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:14 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,959,283 times
Quote:
Well, well, well. This thread has certainly grown with nasty Obamaphiles!

And you know why your rants are like toilet tissue to me (and likely others)? Because you try to frame people the way YOU want to frame them and avoid reality altogether. You bring up the stupid abortion argument when I have repeatedly said I'm pro life; you call me a "bad Democrat" when I have clearly said I've been an Independent since the Kerry fiasco; you call me a hypocrite on "issues" when I have stated time and time again that I don't believe the campaign promises of ANY of the candidates and I am voting for the person I believe is most competent and politically savvy to get at least some things done. Obama likes the rallies and chants but, when that's all done, he would be lost. And we see from his choice of radical friends that his advisors would be fringe characters who don't have the capacity to work on behalf of ALL Americans.

In short, y'all have NO CREDIBILITY and the mob mentality is off-putting. But, carry on, even though this thread wasn't directed toward y'all. The more vitriolic and off-base your "arguments" are, the more certain you make me that I would NEVER want to be associated with Obama or his thuggish "movement."
To get what things done? Doesn't that matter? You're posts are very confusing.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:19 PM

315 posts, read 762,939 times
I am with you and nope it's not because I hate obama but I hate the way hillary was treated compared to obama. And I refuse to help someone whom I believe doesn't deserve the job to get this job. Now I see why so many women created a women's movement because men are truly threatened by smart, intelligent, strong women. I also don't like obama's arrogance and sense of entiltlement. He has already insulted people's intelligent by insisting they must be religious hate mongers if they don't prefer him to hillary when that is not true. Many intelligent white, black and latinos were way to intelligent to fall into the obama hype because we know he is not the best the democrats had to offer.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:20 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,817,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLL98 View Post
teatime posts are not just confusing but they don't make any sense at all. And i have been saying that for quite a while!

Old 06-02-2008, 12:23 PM

315 posts, read 762,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALteacher View Post
McCain will still lose in Nov. Obama and Bob Barr will see to that in their own separate campaigns and appeal to the voters.

The media supported barack over a more experienced and better qualified woman but you can forget them romanticizing him over mccain. The republicans will rip obama apart so bad he will not even be able to run and errand.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:24 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,064,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
I'm just surprised this hasn't led to a new party.

It's a perfect opportunity--a strong group of supporters has already been unified. They're energized. They're mad, they feel ignored, and they want things to change. They don't really like either candidate now--choosing a candidate out of spite isn't what most people like to do. They have momentum, why not keep it going, and get an independent candidate elected?

Why haven't we seen the emergence of the Women's Independent Party?

Or is it about to happen?
This is the only post emanating from the "mob" that makes some sense. Yes, what we are seeing SHOULD be the impetus for a viable third party but not a "Women's Party." The discontent transcends gender AND party. Hillary, McCain, but also Paul, Kucinich, Gravel, and other candidates have been treated like crap for not marching lockstep with their parties.

One thing that commends the GOP is that their party and election rules actually make sense. It's like they actually gave thought to them, rather than allowing them to be formed in a reactionary fashion from past mistakes and fiascos. The Dems are a MESS and I refuse to support these drama kings. They couldn't adequately run a high school student council election without injecting controversy.

I've been reading articles about how young Republicans want more from their party than the same old stuff. They're not far left wingers like the Dem establishment but they DO want an outlet and a party that represents their desire to tackle important social issues in the world. Likewise, many Dems are disgusted with the fact that Dems can't get anything done and they're hypocrites. They say they want to give voice to the disenfranchised but they trash the majority of the poor, the rural folks, and the less-privileged. They ONLY serve the interests of the latte liberals who want to wax poetic and "feel good" but don't really give a damn about average people and their struggles.

The time is ripe for a third party that will embrace those who don't "fit." The large number of people who identify as Independent should make this clear. Interestingly enough, the GOP reaches out to Independents; the Dems posture but, in the end, insult Indies as closet Republicans. I like the fact that McCain isn't embraced by the GOP and it's the VOTERS who wanted him, despite Republican misgivings. That's as Indy as we're going to get at the present time. And I do believe McCain would be a president for ALL people and not just a certain ideology and interest group.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLL98 View Post
HELLO!!!!! Do you even KNOW what a president DOES?! Let me explain it to you. The president maneuvers policy through the government; tries to bring about consensus and avoid gridlock; identifies the priorities of the Administration and works with Congress to bring them about; represents and communicates the interests of the United States to the world. The president reads the political pulse and knows what's doable and what isn't. The president asserts his or her agenda over the many, many competing interests represented in Washington and must have the energy and backbone to chart the course.

What a candidate promises to do quickly becomes wishful thinking when reality strikes. That's why I don't believe their campaign promises and I vote on whom I believe will be the best gatekeeper, negotiator, and politcker-in-chief.

Obama does not have the experience, backbone or sense to do these things. He gets "frustrated" when things don't move quickly. The Republicans in Congress would mop the floor with him.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:40 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,428,020 times
Quote:
The Republicans in Congress would mop the floor with him.
The few Republicans in Congress after the next election will likely be relegated to doing just that - mopping the floor.

And it's about time.

Ken

Old 06-02-2008, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
teatime posts are not just confusing but they don't make any sense at all. And i have been saying that for quite a while!
Yes,you insult me over and over and over again. I'm really tired of it. You rarely offer anything substantive or thoughtful here and if, in your mind, you're building yourself up by insulting others, it doesn't work. Despite your frequent, insulting posts, I don't feel the least bit diminished and I suspect others see your posts for what they are.

If you don't understand the difference between campaign promises and actual accomplishments, then it's not my problem. If you think that the Dems are going to have all of the troops home from Iraq in the next year, for instance, you're in for a huge disappointment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections